Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: attachment using sendmail
Operating Systems Solaris attachment using sendmail Post 93069 by RTM on Thursday 15th of December 2005 09:45:44 AM
Old 12-15-2005
Try searching for your answers or looking in the Answer to Frequently Asked Questions forum. See email portion here

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Sendmail (& attachment)

Hi, This is my first thread. Iam trying the following: OS: Sun Database: DB2, Informix, Oracle * Get the status of the database (using database command line options) * pipe to a text file * send mail of the text file to receiptents. TODO1: First step i tried to send a test message.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenkanya
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail attachment problem

Hello, i am sending email with following command. The problem is the attachment is displayed as inline text instead of a file attached to email. What should i do? I don't have chance to install new binaries to the server (SunOS) ( \ echo From: Sender ; \ echo Subject: Testing ; \... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yakari
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail attachment issue

Hi All,, After long time, might be this is nth time post on this forum for the same query...but i tried browsing for sometime and i did not get what i wanted :) i have following syntax in my shell scripting.. (cat filename.txt uuencode attachment attachment)|/usr/lib/sendmail -t... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail with attachment command line ?

hi.. Could somebody guide me how to send mail with attachment using sendmail command in unix ? Thank you, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bh_hensem
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail with attachment not working

dear all I have below function which send an email, but if I need to add an attachement it won't work instead it write some jibberish to body of the email begin 644 SIGN_OFF_AP_20120626.csv M4TE'3E]/1D9?4TA%150L351-7T1!5$4L0D]/2RQ35$%455,L5D%25%E012Q# %3U5.5`H` ` end function... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send attachment through sendmail

Hi, I am trying to send log file of a job run in unix machince through sendmail.Though I am able to send the text but it is not sending as attachment. Could you please look into the code and let me know where I have gone wrong fdate=`date %Y%j`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending attachment using sendmail command

Send_Mail() { C_Date=`date +"%m/%d/%Y"` #Subject="MMDB Load Job Status" for i in `cat $Metafile` do if then email_address=`echo $i | cut -d":" -f2` /usr/lib/sendmail "$email_address" < $Email_File fi done } this is the send mail command i am using .please let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alok K Yadav
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail with attachment

Hello people, I only have sendmail and uuencode on a Oracle (RH) linux server. While: /usr/bin/uuencode awr.html awr.html | /usr/sbin/sendmail myemail@company.com Is working fine, the ideal for me is to do something like: echo "To: me@company.com" > /home/vasilis/msg.txt echo "Subject: DB... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with attachment in sendmail

Hi Folks I have below code, which is able to successfully send the content of the output file as html which is body, but i did tried uuencode & mailx -a for sending attachments but to no avail. cat - ${Output_File} <<EOF| /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t #From: ${MAILFROM} To: ${MAILTO} Subject:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
5 Replies
praliases(1)							   User Commands						      praliases(1)

NAME
praliases - display system mail aliases SYNOPSIS
praliases [-C configfile] [-f aliasfile] [key] DESCRIPTION
The praliases utility displays system mail aliases. When no key is given, praliases displays the current system aliases, one per line, in no particular order. The form is key:value. If a key is given, only that key is looked up and the appropriate key:value is displayed if found. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -C configfile Specifies a sendmail configuration file. -f aliasfile Reads the specified file aliasfile instead of the default sendmail system aliases file. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: key A specific alias key to look up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/mail/aliases Default sendmail system aliases file /etc/mail/aliases.db Database versions of the /etc/mail/aliases file /etc/mail/aliases.dir Database versions of the /etc/mail/aliases file /etc/mail/aliases.pag /etc/mail/sendmail.cf Default sendmail configuration file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mailq(1), newaliases(1M), sendmail(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 29 Mar 2004 praliases(1)