Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Change IP and Hostname
Operating Systems HP-UX Change IP and Hostname Post 92573 by catwomen on Monday 12th of December 2005 09:14:34 PM
Old 12-12-2005
Thanks Perderabo
Glad to know about man page works!
I can also go into /etc/rc.config.d/netconf for network interface

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

How to change hostname and ip in solaris

Dear all, I am going to change the IP address and hostname in my solaris, but I don't know how to do it. If you have any idea or suggestion, please fell free to let me know. Thanks and Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PennyLi
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change hostname

Hi, ( running solaris 8 ) I know how to change the hostname temparily, by login in as root typing hostname = xxxxx but, this obviously goes when the system is rebooted. I'm not sure what files need changing to make this a permant change. Could anyone help me please? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change of Hostname

Dear All. I will like to know beside the following command "hostname hostname" what other command that can change the hostname of the Unix. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gelbvonn
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change hostname

Hi, I asked this question whenI was running solaris 8 and got some very good answers. I've just uograded to Solaris 10 and there seems to quite a few changes so I need to know again. https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=8547 ------------ Hi (now solaris 10) I know how to change the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris - unknown hostname - how can I change hostname?

Hello, I am new to Solaris. I am using stand alone Solaris 10.0 for test/study purpose and connecting to internet via an ADSL modem which has DHCP server. My Solaris is working on VMWare within winXP. My WinXP and Solaris connects to internet by the same ADSL modem via its DHCP at the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XNOR
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Change hostname in Solaris 9

Please anyone guide me how to change the hostname in Solaris 9? The IP of the machie is fetched from a DHCP server. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shabu
6 Replies

7. Linux

how to change hostname permanentaly

i want to change my hostname permanentaly in my Fedora core 6. could any one tell me how it is possible .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: useless79
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Change hostname

Hello, I would like to change the hostname on a Linux server (RHEL4). I try different methods in vain : - by using hostname command - by changing /etc/hosts and /etc/hostname But after restarting server, the old hostname re-appears... :confused: And the file ./proc/sys/kernel/hostname... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change HostName

How to change host name in NCR Unix version 3.0 release 4.0 I got the OS version and OS release from executing uname -v and uname -r (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalina
9 Replies

10. Solaris

change hostname in SUNOS 5.10

What file I need to edit if I need to change hostname in SUN OS 5.10 Please advice ....... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chuikingman1
1 Replies
YPINIT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 YPINIT(8)

NAME
ypinit -- initialize NIS subsystem SYNOPSIS
ypinit -c [domainname] [-l server1,...,serverN] ypinit -m [domainname] [-l server1,...,serverN] ypinit -s master_server [domainname] [-l server1,...,serverN] DESCRIPTION
ypinit initializes the files and directories that are required for a NIS client or server. If domainname isn't specified, the default domain (as returned by domainname(1)) is used. The following options are available: -c Create a NIS client. Initializes /var/yp/binding/<domain>.ypservers to contain a list of ypservers for ypbind(8) to connect to. -l server1,...,serverN Set the list of client servers from the command line rather than prompting for them interactively. The format is a comma separated list of server names with no spaces. -m Create a master NIS server. Generates map data from local files (/etc/master.passwd, /etc/group, etc.). -s master_server Create a slave server. Downloads the maps from master_server, which should be the active master NIS server. To rebuild or refresh the maps for the NIS domain <domain>, change to the /var/yp/<domain> directory and run make. FILES
/var/yp master NIS directory; contains the template makefiles. /var/yp/<domain> directory to store NIS maps for <domain>. /var/yp/binding/<domain>.ypservers list of NIS servers to bind to. SEE ALSO
domainname(1), make(1), makedbm(8), mknetid(8), nis(8), stdethers(8), stdhosts(8), ypbind(8), yppush(8), ypserv(8) AUTHORS
Originally written by Mats O Jansson <moj@stacken.kth.se>. Modified by Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@NetBSD.org>. BSD
February 26, 2005 BSD