Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ls command to list recursively ONLY subdirectories Post 90337 by bhargav on Monday 21st of November 2005 08:18:03 PM
Old 11-21-2005
what about

Code:
ls -Rl | grep "[a-z]:" | sed 's/://'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List Files Recursively

Hi! I'd like to list my files recursively BUT: I want them in this format, so that I can use them as options for commands like ftp->put or del ./directory1/file1.tar ./directory1/file2.tar ./directory1/file3.tar ./directory2/file1.tar ./directory2/file2.tar ./directory2/file3.tar... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: roberthawke
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively go thorough subdirectories and checkout files

Hi, I would need to go through all the subdirectories, find each file and would need to check them out(using clearcase, which I know). But could you please help me how to find all the files under all subdirectories.. there could be multiple directories and subdirs... Sas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shajiasalim
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recursively concatenate files in subdirectories with same folder name

I'm trying to concatenate files in subdirectories with the same folder name. Say concatenate all the files in the 'current' subdirectories in 'Literature' parent directory. Literature/USA/current/ Literature/Europe/current/ Can anyone help with it? Thanks a lot! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyce007
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recursively concatenate files in subdirectories with the same folder name

I'm trying to concatenate files in subdirectories with the same folder name. Say concatenate all the files in the 'current' subdirectories in 'Literature' parent directory. Literature/USA/current/ Literature/Europe/current/ Can anyone help with it? Thanks a lot! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyce007
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter only gz files from list of subdirectories

Hi, I have a very big directory structure that consists of many sub-directories inside.There are around 50 ".gz" files under this dir structure. I want to copy all the gz files alone to a seperate location. Plz help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: villain41
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove files from subdirectories given a list of filenames

Dear all, I have a dir structure like main_dir At_nn Ag_js Nf_hc .... mcd32 mgd43... mcd32 mgd43... mcd32 mgd43... and each subdir (e.g. mcd32, mgd43) contains files. Now, i... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogeshkumkar
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to recursively search for a list of keywords in a given directory?

Hi all, how to recursively search for a list of keywords in a given directory?? for example: suppose i have kept all the keywords in a file called "procnamelist" (in separate line) and i have to search recursively in a directory called "target/dir" if i am not doing recursive search then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neelmani
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

List all files in subdirectories which are modifiled recently.

Hello, I wanted to list all files in subdirectories which are modifiled recently. need to display all files with full details like hpw it display with ls -l ( date, size,..) Thanks Bala (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balareddy
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list the names of the files from all the subdirectories?

Hi, I'm currently trying to print the names of all the .txt files in the subdirectories that contain the string I'm searching. I tried with this code, but it seems that it searches for the names that matches the string instead of searching for the string in the individual files and printing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuclearpenguin
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX command to display Owner,Group,Root and Subdirectories list

Hi Team, Am a newbie to Unix. As I would like to see the Server Name,Owner Name ( not numeric form), Group Name ( not numeric ID), ROOT path. I would like to send this list as an attachment to my personal mail. Can any one please help me out to to resolve this . Here is the sample result... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuvv
6 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)