Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do I search for 2 strings (AND operator) ? Post 88117 by Ygor on Tuesday 1st of November 2005 03:25:29 AM
Old 11-01-2005
Or maybe....
Code:
awk '/string1/ && /string2/' files*

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for strings

I am trying to replace the word ACTIVE with 2002 in a file and I am getting the following error. Does anyone know what this means? $ sed "s/ACTIVE/2002" mydata.txt > yourdata.txt sed: 0602-404 Function s/ACTIVE/2002 cannot be parsed. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search between strings with an OR

Hi have Input in this way KEY AAAA BBBB END1 KEY AAAA BBBB END2 KEY AAAA BBBB END3 I need to find any thing matching in between KEY And ending with "END1|END2|END3" This didnot work awk '/KEY/,/END1|END2|END3/' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search a logfile for strings

Hi experts.. I am trying to write a shell script which will scan a log file for three strings ie success image1, success image2, success image3. My shell is tcsh If all the 3 strings are found then insert the 3 strings to a file1 and send mail to developers with file1 If all 3 are note... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to search with 2 strings.

Hi, i have a file a.txt like -------------------------------- col1|col2|col3 data1|data2|data3 other1|other2|other3 -------------------------------- i need to search 2 strings(data in a.txt file is case sesnsitive), suppose data1 and data2. If these 2 strings found then only i need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syamkp
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commang to search two strings in vi

Hi All, Could you help me to get the command to search two different strings in a file using vi as editor. I know that we use /StringToSearch for searching a string, but i want a command to search two strings. Eg. In FileOne i want to search the occurence of StringOne or StringTwo at a time.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search between 2 strings

Guys any pointers on how to search between 2 sets date strings with time in the below file example :- 02-Feb-2010 23:12:09 GMT event_type::event_details_are_like_this 02-Feb-2010 09:10:29 GMT event_type::event_details_are_like_this 03-Feb-2010 11:12:19 GMT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lavascript
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to avoid 'unexpected operator' error when comparing 2 strings

this is my file: #!/bin/sh a=`cat /home/$USER/Desktop/lol` c=`cat /home/$USER/Desktop/lol1` if ; then echo "$a = $c" else echo "They are not equal" fi The lol file contains 1aa and the lol1 file contains 1aa as well. Unfortunately the output is Even when I put -eq instead of == I get ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search between two search strings and print the value

Based on the forums i have tried with grep command but i am unable to get the required output. search this value /*------ If that is found then search for temp_vul and print and also search until /*------- and print new_vul Input file contains: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to search and count strings?

Hi, Is there a command to do a sensitive/in-sensitive search for a string on a line and print how many times that string appears? For example, if I have a line of text below: dog cat rat apple banana dog lion tiger dog Is there a command to search for dog that will print out 3 as a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to search strings every 15 minutes

I have written a script which will search logfiles directory particular two strings and send a message to user to kill the process id if string found every 15 minutes Note::dont have cron tab access(Auto run every 15 minute) oS--AIX Please add script search the PID into logfile "My PID is:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri1999
5 Replies
SSAStringCpy(3SNMP)					      SNMP Library Functions					       SSAStringCpy(3SNMP)

NAME
SSAStringCpy, SSAStringInit, SSAStringToChar, SSAStringZero - Sun Solstice Enterprise Agent string helper functions SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lssasnmp [ library .. ] #include <impl.h> void *SSAStringZero(String *string); int SSAStringInit(String *string, uchar_t *chars, int len, char *error_label); int SSAStringCpy(String *string1, String *string2, char *error_label); char *SSAStringToChar(String string); DESCRIPTION
The SSAStringCpy() function makes a deep copy of string2 to string1. This function assumes that string1 has been processed by the SSAS- tringZero() function. Memory is allocated inside the string1 and the contents of string2, not just the pointer, is copied to the string1. If an error is encountered, an error message is stored in the error_label buffer. The SSAStringInit() function copies the char array from chars to the string instance with the specified length len. This function assumes that the string instance has been processed by the SSAStringZero() function or no memory is allocated inside the string instance. If an error is encountered, an error message is stored in the error_label buffer. The SSAStringToChar() function returns a temporary char array buffer for printing purposes. The SSAStringZero() function frees the memory inside of the String instance, but not the string object itself. RETURN VALUES
The SSAStringInit() and SSAStringCpy() functions return 0 if successful and -1 if error. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Dec 1996 SSAStringCpy(3SNMP)