Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do I increase disk space available to a directory? Post 87157 by rhack on Thursday 20th of October 2005 02:36:37 PM
Old 10-20-2005
How do I increase disk space available to a directory?

I know very basic Unix commands s I would really appreacite the assistance of a Unix guru.

I am installing an application on a Sun server, when attempting to install I get an error that says I do not have enough sapce allocated for my install directory. Error says it has 7235m but needs 15360m. How can I increase the space allowed.

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

disk space used for files with in a directory structure.

Hello, I am new to shell scripting and would really appreciate if someone could help me with this question. I have a directory structure as follows.. main directory is DATA under which i have different directories names fileserver01, fileserver02 ... till fileserver 15. under each... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kasala
8 Replies

2. AIX

Increase in space in mount point.

I am working in AIX 4.3.3 , here when we are doing one activity we ran out of space in one mount point, we need to increase the space in that mout point by reducing it in another mount point, can anybody help me out in carrying this activity. Vipin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipin77
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I increase the disk quota for a directory?

I know very basic Unix commands s I would really appreciate the assistance of a Unix guru. I am installing an application on a Sun server, when attempting to install I get an error that says I do not have enough space allocated for my install directory (/ACEMS). Error says it has 7235m but needs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhack
1 Replies

4. AIX

how do I increase the storage space I am new to AIX

Host Name - xxxxxxx IP Address - xxxxxxxxx Alert Msg - The percentage of available storage space (DMXMemory) is low (49.54374442289481 percent). Time received - 14:23 Time Logged - 14:55 Suggested Group - MR-UNIX (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nyiko
5 Replies

5. Programming

C++: how to check my directory disk space

I have a directory, and I write some files in to that. How to throw the error exception when my directory is full. i.e. there is no disk space (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SamRoj
2 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how to increase space NCR 4.0

Hello, I have a little problem, I would like to know how to add disk space on an NCR version 4 and above all whether it still contains vdisk space smp001-4 4.0 3.0 /dev/dsk/vdisk15 3940505 3807833 132672 97% /data in the dktab : /dev/dsk/vdisk15 mirror 2 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnetic
0 Replies

7. AIX

Increase for the Page space

Guy's This is our page space , i want some information about page space and I want the good way to how to increase the page space and what's the recommended page space that need to be configured Page Space Physical Volume Volume Group Size %Used Active Auto Type Chksum hd6 hdisk0... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
8 Replies

8. Solaris

how to increase space in directory without reboot

hi friends, i am a new system adminstrator and i had a directory /h03 getting full at 95%, how do i give more space to bring down it to about 70% ? i cannot delete any files inside as it is all important to the applications /dev/dsk/c1t3d0s0 64G 60G 3.8G 95% /h03 any idea ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Increase space in /var

Hi Please can I have some help in increasing /var in my solaris 10 server. At the moment the size configured is small and I need to expand it: df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 869M 510M 307M 63% / /devices ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
16 Replies

10. Solaris

How to use space in /tmp to increase root?

Hello All, I have solaris server running, uname -a SunOS host 5.9 Generic_112233-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R Filesystem Size Used Available Capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 9.8G 8.7G 1.0G 90% / /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s3 4.3G 7.7M 4.2G ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
17 Replies
DH_INSTALL(1)							     Debhelper							     DH_INSTALL(1)

NAME
dh_install - install files into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_install [-Xitem] [--autodest] [--sourcedir=dir] [debhelperoptions] [file|dir...destdir] DESCRIPTION
dh_install is a debhelper program that handles installing files into package build directories. There are many dh_install* commands that handle installing specific types of files such as documentation, examples, man pages, and so on, and they should be used when possible as they often have extra intelligence for those particular tasks. dh_install, then, is useful for installing everything else, for which no particular intelligence is needed. It is a replacement for the old dh_movefiles command. This program may be used in one of two ways. If you just have a file or two that the upstream Makefile does not install for you, you can run dh_install on them to move them into place. On the other hand, maybe you have a large package that builds multiple binary packages. You can use the upstream Makefile to install it all into debian/tmp, and then use dh_install to copy directories and files from there into the proper package build directories. From debhelper compatibility level 7 on, dh_install will fall back to looking in debian/tmp for files, if it does not find them in the current directory (or wherever you've told it to look using --sourcedir). FILES
debian/package.install List the files to install into each package and the directory they should be installed to. The format is a set of lines, where each line lists a file or files to install, and at the end of the line tells the directory it should be installed in. The name of the files (or directories) to install should be given relative to the current directory, while the installation directory is given relative to the package build directory. You may use wildcards in the names of the files to install. Note that if you list exactly one filename or wildcard-pattern on a line by itself, with no explicit destination, then dh_install will automatically guess the destination to use, the same as if the --autodest option were used. debian/not-installed Used with the deprecated --list-missing and --fail-missing options. Please refer to dh_missing(1) for the documentation of this file. OPTIONS
--list-missing Deprecated: Please use dh_missing --list-missing instead. If you use this option, dh_install will call dh_missing with that option after it has processed all the files. Please see dh_missing(1) for the documentation of this option. This option is removed in compat 12. --fail-missing Deprecated: Please use dh_missing --fail-missing instead. If you use this option, dh_install will call dh_missing with that option after it has processed all the files. Please see dh_missing(1) for the documentation of this option. This option is removed in compat 12. --sourcedir=dir Look in the specified directory for files to be installed. Note that this is not the same as the --sourcedirectory option used by the dh_auto_* commands. You rarely need to use this option, since dh_install automatically looks for files in debian/tmp in debhelper compatibility level 7 and above. --autodest Guess as the destination directory to install things to. If this is specified, you should not list destination directories in debian/package.install files or on the command line. Instead, dh_install will guess as follows: Strip off debian/tmp (or the sourcedir if one is given) from the front of the filename, if it is present, and install into the dirname of the filename. So if the filename is debian/tmp/usr/bin, then that directory will be copied to debian/package/usr/. If the filename is debian/tmp/etc/passwd, it will be copied to debian/package/etc/. file|dir ... destdir Lists files (or directories) to install and where to install them to. The files will be installed into the first package dh_install acts on. LIMITATIONS
dh_install cannot rename files or directories, it can only install them with the names they already have into wherever you want in the package build tree. However, renaming can be achieved by using dh-exec with compatibility level 9 or later. An example debian/package.install file using dh- exec could look like: #!/usr/bin/dh-exec debian/default.conf => /etc/my-package/start.conf Please remember the following three things: o The package must be using compatibility level 9 or later (see debhelper(7)) o The package will need a build-dependency on dh-exec. o The install file must be marked as executable. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALL(1)