Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX Pipe
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX Pipe Post 86250 by akrathi on Wednesday 12th of October 2005 01:55:10 PM
Old 10-12-2005
I had an issue like this .

I have to delete few records from the file in the unix box and then load the data into the database .Precisely the records whose size is less then 250 . I think there is nothing in the sql loader which offers this . Checked when cluase etc .

What I am doing now is this : Read file and copy all the records with 250 chracters to a temp file . Then load the data from the temp file

I thougt the pipe will be useful in this case .

Thanks
Ashok

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Compress while wrting to a file using a unix pipe

I would like to know if the following can be done. route output from an sql select directly to a pipe and compress it at the same time. regards Albert (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: booyena1
2 Replies

2. Programming

unix pipe in C

I currently stuck on a simple program that requires unix pipe. I'm have never programmed with unix pipe before, so if anyone can point me to the right different will be greatly appreciated! I'm suppose to write a program that the parent spawns many child processes and each of the child process... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting a pipe delimited file in unix

Could one of you shad some light on this: I need to split the file by determining the record count and than splitting it up into 4 files. Please note, this is not a fixed record length but rather a "|" delimited file. I am not sure as how to handle reminder/offset for the 4th file. For... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddedic
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Definition for the UNIX term Pipe

Looking for examples/definition of what the term Pipe means in UNIX. Please provide answers and illustrations if possible or direction. Thanks!:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfrost126
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix command pipe

I am pretty new to UNIX. My client has a requirement where in a directory we have some files with somewhat similar name like test_XX.txt, test_XY.txt, test_XZ.txt, test_ZZ.txt, test_ZY.txt, test_ZX.txt, test_YY.txt......Out of these files few files have 0 bytes. Is there a way where we can go... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting hex value 7C (for pipe) to CRLF in Unix

I am trying to convert a txt file that includes one long string of data. The lines are separated with hex value 7C (for pipe). I am trying to process this file using SQR (Peoplesoft) so I thought the easiest thing to do would be to replace the eol char with a CRLF in unix so I can just... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sfedak
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing struct through unix pipe -solved

EDIT: Nevermind, called a friend who is good at this stuff and he figured it out :D Hi all, So I'm trying to teach myself to write programs for unix in c. I am currently creating a program, and I need to pass a struct through a pipe, but I can't figure out how. The struct I want to pass... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: twnsfn34
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing UNIX 1 byte delimiters to the pipe separator

Hi I am new to Unix Shell scripting have a requirement where I have to replace the "unix 1 byte delimiter" with the "pipe" separator and also remove any carriage returns and line feeds if any The Source File 4 QFH Jungle Hill 32-34 City Road London SE23 3UX the output should be ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dJHa
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX fifo concurrent read from a named pipe

I have created a fifo named pipe in solaris, which writes the content of a file, line by line, into pipe as below: $ mkfifo namepipe $ cat books.txt "how to write unix code" "how to write oracle code" $ cat books.txt >> namepipe & I have a readpipe.sh script which reads the named... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen mani
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX Pipe -Exit when there are no bytes to read

Hi All, I'm creating a program which reads millions of bytes from the PIPE and do some processing. As the data is more, the idea is to read the pipe parallely. Sun Solaris 8 See the code below: #!/bin/sh MAXTHREAD=30 awk '{print $1}' metadata.csv > nvpipe & while do ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
3 Replies
nfexpire(1)															       nfexpire(1)

NAME
nfanon - netflow anonymisation SYNOPSIS
nfanon [options] DESCRIPTION
nfanon is used to anonymise all IP addresses ( src, dst, next hop, router IP etc. ) in the netflow records using the CryptoPAn (Cryptogra- phy-based Prefix-preserving Anonymization) module. The key -K is used to initialize the Rijndael cipher. The key is either a 32 character string, or a 64 hex digit string starting with 0x. See http://www.cc.gatech.edu/computing/Telecomm/cryptopan/ for more information about CryptoPAn. nfanon has several modes of operation. o nfanon reads a sequence of input files, specified by -r, -R and -M and anonymises the flows in the given files. The input file arguments have the same syntax and meaning as nfdump(1). o nfanon reads a sequence of input files, specified by -r, -R and -M. All anonymised flows are written to a single file specified by -w. o nfanon works as filter and reads flows from stding and writes the anonymised flows to stdout. OPTIONS
-r inputfile Read input data from inputfile. Default is read from stdin. -R expr Read input from a sequence of files in the same directory. expr may be one of: /any/dir Read recursively all files in directory dir. /dir/file Read all files beginning with file. /dir/file1:file2 Read all files from file1 to file2. Note: files are read in alphabetical sequence. -M expr Read input from multiple directories. expr looks like: /any/path/to/dir1:dir2:dir3 etc. and will be expanded to the directories: /any/path/to/dir1, /any/path/to/dir2 and /any/path/to/dir3 Any number of colon separated directories may be given. The files to read are specified by -r or -R and are expected to exist in all the given directories. The options -r and -R must not contain any directory part when used in conjunction with -M. -w outputfile If specified writes anonymised netflow records to outputfile. -K key The key is used to initialize the Rijndael cipher. key is either a 32 character string, or a 64 hex digit string starting with 0x. RETURN VALUE
Returns 0 No error. 255 Initialization failed. 250 Internal error. NOTES
None. SEE ALSO
nfdump(1) BUGS
2009-09-09 nfexpire(1)