Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: man pages in AIX
Operating Systems AIX man pages in AIX Post 86119 by Bibiana Mejia on Tuesday 11th of October 2005 10:19:55 AM
Old 10-11-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakunin
Install the package bos.rte.man.

copy it to a directory, cd to there, run "inutoc ." to generate the .toc-file, then run "smitty install_latest" and select "." as installation directory.

bakunin
Hi,
I installed the package bos.rte.man, but I dont know where it find, for copy it to a directory and follow the instructions:

"copy it to a directory, cd to there, run "inutoc ." to generate the .toc-file, then run "smitty install_latest" and select "." as installation directory."

Thanks alot in advance.
BM.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Man pages

Hello , I just installed openssh in my system . I actually tried to man sshd but it says no entry , though there is a man directory in the installation which have the man pages for sshd . Can anyone tell me how should i install these man pages . DP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi, I've written now a man pages, but I don't knwo how to get 'man' to view them. Where have I to put this files, which directories are allowed?? THX Bensky (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bensky
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi folks, I want to know all the commands for which man pages are available. How do i get it? Cheers, Nisha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install Man Pages on aix

How can I install the man pages on ibm unix aix 4.3? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GKL
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

When reading man pages, I notice that sometimes commands are follwed by a number enclosed in parenthesis. such as: mkdir calls the mkdir(2) system call. What exactly does this mean? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
4 Replies

6. Solaris

jumpstart and man pages

I've set up a jumpstart server on a Ultra 1 with 2 external 9GB hard drives. Below is the contents of the rules.ok file: Jserver# more rules.ok hostname jumpme - host_class - # version=2 checksum=2852 Below is the contents of the profile that I'm using for the test... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to read man pages

can anybody explain me how to read unix man pages? for example when i want to get information about ps command man ps gives me this output: *********************************** Reformatting page. Please wait... completed ps(1) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
2 Replies

8. Solaris

MAN PAGES

Hi everyone, I have a small query, in solaris the man pages get displayed on half of the terminal , can i get a full terminal or full screen display ?:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: M.Choudhury
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Looking for some man pages.

Can anyone supply me with the man pages for: omnidatalist omnibarlist omnisap.exe I prefer the source man pages in nroff format. A clue about the software bundles which supply these man pages is fine as well. OS: HP-UX TIA (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb008
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Man pages for Pthreads

"how to see the man pages related to pthreads". while executing the command man pthread_t . im getting the following error!!!!! No manual entry for pthread. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthukumar U
3 Replies
DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)						     Debhelper						     DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)

NAME
dh_installmanpages - old-style man page installer (deprecated) SYNOPSIS
dh_installmanpages [debhelperoptions] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installmanpages is a debhelper program that is responsible for automatically installing man pages into usr/share/man/ in package build directories. This is a DWIM-style program, with an interface unlike the rest of debhelper. It is deprecated, and you are encouraged to use dh_installman(1) instead. dh_installmanpages scans the current directory and all subdirectories for filenames that look like man pages. (Note that only real files are looked at; symlinks are ignored.) It uses file(1) to verify that the files are in the correct format. Then, based on the files' extensions, it installs them into the correct man directory. All filenames specified as parameters will be skipped by dh_installmanpages. This is useful if by default it installs some man pages that you do not want to be installed. After the man page installation step, dh_installmanpages will check to see if any of the man pages are .so links. If so, it changes them to symlinks. OPTIONS
file ... Do not install these files as man pages, even if they look like valid man pages. BUGS
dh_installmanpages will install the man pages it finds into all packages you tell it to act on, since it can't tell what package the man pages belong in. This is almost never what you really want (use -p to work around this, or use the much better dh_installman(1) program instead). Files ending in .man will be ignored. Files specified as parameters that contain spaces in their filenames will not be processed properly. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 9.20120909 2011-09-12 DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)