Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to view files based on date Post 85160 by krahuliyer on Monday 3rd of October 2005 05:25:18 AM
Old 10-03-2005
script to view files based on date

I have a UNIX box where in files are created every 5 minutes. I need to write a shell script which will take in the date as parameter and return me all files created on that day. Also I will like it to show me only files which have a size greater than 0 i.e. non-empty files. how do I go abt this? I am new to UNIX

Thanks in advance,
Rahul

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove files based on date

I am trying to write a shell script that will remove files in a directory based on the date. For instance, remove all files older than yesterday. Any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count of files based on date?

Hi Friends, Can anyone help me with this: To get the count of files that are existing in a directory created on a perticular date like in the example (01/08) .(having same pattern for the filename) ex: FileName Creted Date FILE001 01/08/2007 FILE005 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to search context from 2 files based on date and name

Please Close thread- Thank You. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezmethod
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to select multiple files from archive directory based on the date range

hi all, here is the description to my problem. input parameters: $date1 & $date2 based on the range i need to select the archived files from the archived directory and moved them in to working directory. can u please help me in writing the code to select the multiple files based on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbc17484
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting the files based on the date's

I have to write one script which will delete the files in the below passion. If today is 17-Feb-2010 then the script delete only 17-JAN-2010 files from the directory. Could you please help me, How will I delete the files when the year is leap year, if today is 30th Mar 2010 then how will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kandi.reddy
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

view gzipped files with name file.gz.$DATE on a Solaris box (without unzipping first)

Hi Howto view gzipped files with name file.gz.$DATE on a Solaris box (without unzipping first) $ ls -lrt total 4477 -rwxrwxr-x 1 oracle dba 569745 Apr 4 19:45 4_person2profileCon.txt.gz.04.04.11* -rwxrwxr-x 1 oracle dba 3783 Apr 4 19:45... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to view files from a specific date/day

I wan to view files in a directory of a specific date. For example a log directory has log files . I want to view the list of the files which were generated on 01-May-2011. Is there any option/proces to perform it?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mady135
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script moving files based on date

Hi, I need a script that moves files based on date to a folder. The folder should be created based on file date. Example is : Date file name ----- -------- Oct 08 07:39 10112012_073952.xls Oct 09 07:39 10112012_073952.xls Oct 10 07:39 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockingvj
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to determine Date,TotalFile,total size of file based on date

I have file listed like below -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 17M Nov 26 14:43 test1.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 0 Nov 26 14:44 test2.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 0 Nov 27 10:41 test3.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 244K Nov 27 10:41 test4.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 17M Nov 27 10:41 test5.gz I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krish2014
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies
DH_COMPRESS(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_COMPRESS(1)

NAME
dh_compress - compress files and fix symlinks in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_compress [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] [-A] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_compress is a debhelper program that is responsible for compressing the files in package build directories, and makes sure that any symlinks that pointed to the files before they were compressed are updated to point to the new files. By default, dh_compress compresses files that Debian policy mandates should be compressed, namely all files in usr/share/info, usr/share/man, files in usr/share/doc that are larger than 4k in size, (except the copyright file, .html and other web files, image files, and files that appear to be already compressed based on their extensions), and all changelog files. Plus PCF fonts underneath usr/share/fonts/X11/ FILES
debian/package.compress These files are deprecated. If this file exists, the default files are not compressed. Instead, the file is ran as a shell script, and all filenames that the shell script outputs will be compressed. The shell script will be run from inside the package build directory. Note though that using -X is a much better idea in general; you should only use a debian/package.compress file if you really need to. OPTIONS
-Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being compressed. For example, -X.tiff will exclude TIFF files from compression. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. -A, --all Compress all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. file ... Add these files to the list of files to compress. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.0 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_COMPRESS(1)