Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to find out future date
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to find out future date Post 84700 by vino on Wednesday 28th of September 2005 06:08:12 AM
Old 09-28-2005
Look at datecalc

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find Previous date and Coming date

Hi All, How to find a date which is 7 days from the current date as well as how to find a date which is 7 days before this current date. Urgently i need help. Thanks in Advance Regards Arunava (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunava_maity
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find julian date for given corresponding date

Hi, is there any possibility to find julian date for given corresping date. I will be gladfull if i get it. Requirement : Input : 10 09 2006 output: julian date: 283 thanks srikanth (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthus2002
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

date issue-find prevoius date in a patricular format

Hi , I have written a shell script that takes the current date on the server and stores it in a file. echo get /usr/home/data-`date '+%Y%d'`.xml> /usr/local/sandeep/GetFILE.ini I call this GetFILE.ini file from an sftp program to fetch a file from /usr/home/ as location. The file is in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I know find syntax to find given date files

Hi All, Can i use find command to know given date files? If yes, then please let me know the syntax for the same. Thanks in advance for your postive responses Regards, Bachegowda (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

given a date,find the next date

Hi, There are already some scripts posted in this forum reg date manipulations.This one is a addition to that.Go thro this script.. I didn't do any error checking (assuming that could be done in ano script) # **** Finding date for a day after **** #Add 1 to month, set date to 1 for the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthi.abdullah
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a date which is 7 days past when given current date

hii all. I have to get the date of the 7th day past from the current date. if i give the current date as sep 3 then i must get the date as 27th of august. can we get the values from the "cal" command. cal | awk '{print $2}' will this type of command work. actually my need is if today is... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladtony
17 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls -ltr for a future date/time stamp file

Hi When i do ls -ltr <file1> then it shows me the date and time of the file if - for whatever reason file has future date/time stamp then ls -ltr is not showing the time, it just shows only date part ... even if time is ahead by 2 hr than current time. suppose a file was copied from INDIA... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find week of the year for given date using date command inside awk

Hi all, Need an urgent help on the below scenario. script: awk -F"," 'BEGIN { #some variable assignment} { #some calculation and put values in array} END { year=#getting it from array and assume this will be 2014 month=#getting it from array and this will be 05 date=#... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaidhas
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a future date into epoch seconds on HPUX system

Hi All, I have scenario where i have to compare two dates. I thought of converting them to epoch seconds and do a numeric comparison. This works fine on Linux systems. $ date -d '2015/12/31' +%s 1451538000 $ date +%s 1449159121 But we don't have -d option in HPUX. What would be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeresh_15
5 Replies
sttime(3)						    ShapeTools Toolkit Library							 sttime(3)

NAME
stMktime, stWriteTime - date and time handling SYNOPSIS
#include <config.h> #include <sttk.h.h> time_tstMktime (char *string); char*stWriteTime (time_t date); DESCRIPTION
stMktime scans the given string and tries to read a date and time from it. It understands various formats of date strings. The following is a list of all valid formats, optional parts in brackets. [Tue] Jan 5[,] [19]93 This includes the standard asctime(3) format. Jan 5 With no year given, the year defaults to the current year. [19]93/01/05 This notation requires month and day represented by exactly two digits. 5.1.[19]93 This is the usual German notation. 5.1. German notation referencing the current year. A certain time, given together with the date must always have the following form. hours:minutes[:seconds] Each of the fields must be an integer value within the proper range (hours: 0-23, minutes and seconds: 0-59). Values below 10 may be written as one digit numbers. The time value may be placed anywhere in the date string: at the beginning, at the end, or somewhere in the middle. Any amount of white- space may be given between a field of the time value and the separating colon. The time is always considered to be local time. stWriteTime generates a time string similar to asctime(3) from its date argument. SEE ALSO
asctime(3) BUGS
Time Zone Names within the time string (like `MET') are not handled properly. In most cases they will cause a failure. sttk-1.7 Thu Jun 24 17:43:35 1993 sttime(3)