Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help with oracle backup script Post 84055 by nir_s on Wednesday 21st of September 2005 12:56:36 PM
Old 09-21-2005
I agree with tmarikle.
The EOT must be in the beginning of the line. Otherwise,you'll get syntax errors.

Nir

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script on Oracle hot backup got an error

Hi Unix Shell Script Expert, We have a robust shell script (from old time) for our 9i database hot backup but generated error: Shell Script Content: #check for auto log mode and redirect as early as possible # autolog_enable $AUTOLOG_MODE $ORACLE_BASE/${ORASID_LOW}log/cron_hotbackup.log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oradbus
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle hot backup script issue

Hi, I have a script which we use to take hot backup of oracle database.It connects to database and saves all database related activities in a spool file.Then the spool file is run for taking hot backup. But at one stage it is giving an error. Please find my hot backup script as below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed in Oracle DB backup script.

I have a script like this .. #!/bin/ksh database=$(echo $@ | sed 's/.*-S \(*\).*/\1/') instance=$(grep "$database" /var/opt/oracle/oratab | awk -F : '{print $1}') command=$(echo $@ | sed 's/"$database"/"$instance"/') echo $command when I tried to execute the script like this ... ksh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

Can we restore omni oracle db backup

We have omni backup of oracle database about 40Gb, tablespaces are distributed over 2 partitions . But because of some reason both partition are not available more . Now we are in need to restore the entire data on new partitions .Can any guru's confirm if tried so earlier will this going to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cold backup oracle and Restore to new db

Hello All, I am very new to Linux i have assignment to take offline backup in linux and restore it to new database oracle 10g? Help me out any script of it and steps i will be very thankful Regards, Sameer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameer_123
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle Data BackUp with Help Of Perl

Hi All I am able to connect my oracle database with Perl and able to execute the queries. There is one schema names master19 which contains 50 table. I want to take backup of each table in and store at a given directory location in Perl For example suppose if a table student is present in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle Data BackUp with Help Of Perl

Hi All I am able to connect my oracle database with Perl and able to execute the queries. There is one schema names master19 which contains 50 table. I want to take backup of each table in and store at a given directory location in Perl For example suppose if a table student is present in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cold Backup of Oracle database.

Hi i need a command to cut the last column from the location in a file and want write a gzip command like cat a.txt /data01/oracle/oradata/vas/data/system01.dbf /data01/oracle/oradata/vas/data/sysaux01.dbf /data01/oracle/oradata/vas/data/undotbs01.dbf... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need perl script on cold backup in Oracle 10 g

Hi , I am new to Perl script.Can u please provide me perl scripts for the following: 1. Perl script on Cold backup in Oracle 10g 2.Perl script on Hot backup in Oracle 10g (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niharika Srivas
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies
bdiff(1)							   User Commands							  bdiff(1)

NAME
bdiff - big diff SYNOPSIS
bdiff filename1 filename2 [n] [-s] DESCRIPTION
bdiff is used in a manner analogous to diff to find which lines in filename1 and filename2 must be changed to bring the files into agree- ment. Its purpose is to allow processing of files too large for diff. If filename1 (filename2) is -, the standard input is read. bdiff ignores lines common to the beginning of both files, splits the remainder of each file into n-line segments, and invokes diff on cor- responding segments. If both optional arguments are specified, they must appear in the order indicated above. The output of bdiff is exactly that of diff, with line numbers adjusted to account for the segmenting of the files (that is, to make it look as if the files had been processed whole). Note: Because of the segmenting of the files, bdiff does not necessarily find a smallest sufficient set of file differences. OPTIONS
n The number of line segments. The value of n is 3500 by default. If the optional third argument is given and it is numeric, it is used as the value for n. This is useful in those cases in which 3500-line segments are too large for diff, causing it to fail. -s Specifies that no diagnostics are to be printed by bdiff (silent option). Note: However, this does not suppress possible diagnos- tic messages from diff, which bdiff calls. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of bdiff when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). FILES
/tmp/bd????? ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
diff(1), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Use help for explanations. SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 bdiff(1)