Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help with oracle backup script Post 84022 by beilstwh on Wednesday 21st of September 2005 09:05:38 AM
Old 09-21-2005
I checked the script on the server and there are no spaces on the "EOT" line, either before or after the EOT. However there was a blank space after the "quit" on the previous line, will this cause problems?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script on Oracle hot backup got an error

Hi Unix Shell Script Expert, We have a robust shell script (from old time) for our 9i database hot backup but generated error: Shell Script Content: #check for auto log mode and redirect as early as possible # autolog_enable $AUTOLOG_MODE $ORACLE_BASE/${ORASID_LOW}log/cron_hotbackup.log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oradbus
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle hot backup script issue

Hi, I have a script which we use to take hot backup of oracle database.It connects to database and saves all database related activities in a spool file.Then the spool file is run for taking hot backup. But at one stage it is giving an error. Please find my hot backup script as below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed in Oracle DB backup script.

I have a script like this .. #!/bin/ksh database=$(echo $@ | sed 's/.*-S \(*\).*/\1/') instance=$(grep "$database" /var/opt/oracle/oratab | awk -F : '{print $1}') command=$(echo $@ | sed 's/"$database"/"$instance"/') echo $command when I tried to execute the script like this ... ksh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

Can we restore omni oracle db backup

We have omni backup of oracle database about 40Gb, tablespaces are distributed over 2 partitions . But because of some reason both partition are not available more . Now we are in need to restore the entire data on new partitions .Can any guru's confirm if tried so earlier will this going to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cold backup oracle and Restore to new db

Hello All, I am very new to Linux i have assignment to take offline backup in linux and restore it to new database oracle 10g? Help me out any script of it and steps i will be very thankful Regards, Sameer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameer_123
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle Data BackUp with Help Of Perl

Hi All I am able to connect my oracle database with Perl and able to execute the queries. There is one schema names master19 which contains 50 table. I want to take backup of each table in and store at a given directory location in Perl For example suppose if a table student is present in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle Data BackUp with Help Of Perl

Hi All I am able to connect my oracle database with Perl and able to execute the queries. There is one schema names master19 which contains 50 table. I want to take backup of each table in and store at a given directory location in Perl For example suppose if a table student is present in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cold Backup of Oracle database.

Hi i need a command to cut the last column from the location in a file and want write a gzip command like cat a.txt /data01/oracle/oradata/vas/data/system01.dbf /data01/oracle/oradata/vas/data/sysaux01.dbf /data01/oracle/oradata/vas/data/undotbs01.dbf... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need perl script on cold backup in Oracle 10 g

Hi , I am new to Perl script.Can u please provide me perl scripts for the following: 1. Perl script on Cold backup in Oracle 10g 2.Perl script on Hot backup in Oracle 10g (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niharika Srivas
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies
AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)					  System Administration Commands					 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)

NAME
amzfs-snapshot - Amanda script to create zfs snapshot DESCRIPTION
amzfs-snapshot is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It create a zfs snapshot of the filesystem where the path specified is mounted. PRE-DLE-* create a snapshot and the POST-DLE-* destroy the snapshot, *-DLE-AMCHECK, *-DLE-ESTIMATE and *-DLE-BACKUP must be set to be executed on the client: execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client The PRE_DLE_* script output a DIRECTORY property telling where the directory is located in the snapshot. The application must be able to use the DIRECTORY property, amgtar can do it. The script is run as the amanda user, it must have the priviledge to create and destroy snapshot: zfs allow -ldu AMANDA_USER mount,snapshot,destroy FILESYSTEM Some system doesn't have "zfs allow", but you can give the Amanda backup user the rights to manipulate ZFS filesystems by using the following command: usermod -P "ZFS File System Management,ZFS Storage Management" AMANDA_USER This will require that your run zfs under pfexec, set the PFEXEC property to YES. The format of the DLE must be one of: Desciption Example ---------- ------- Mountpoint /data Arbitrary mounted dir /data/interesting_dir ZFS pool name datapool ZFS filesystem datapool/database ZFS logical volume datapool/dbvol The filesystem must be mounted. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control amzfs-snapshot's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. DF-PATH Path to the 'df' binary, search in $PATH by default. ZFS-PATH Path to the 'zfs' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC-PATH Path to the 'pfexec' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC If "NO" (the default), pfexec is not used, if set to "YES" then pfexec is used. EXAMPLE
In this example, a dumptype is defined to use amzfs-snapshot script to create a snapshot and use amgtar to backup the snapshot. define script-tool amzfs_snapshot { comment "backup of zfs snapshot" plugin "amzfs-snapshot" execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client #property "DF-PATH" "/usr/sbin/df" #property "ZFS-PATH" "/usr/sbin/zfs" #property "PFEXEC-PATH" "/usr/sbin/pfexec" #property "PFEXEC" "NO" } define dumptype user-zfs-amgtar { dt_amgtar script "amzfs_snapshot" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)