Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compiling problem
Operating Systems Solaris Compiling problem Post 84005 by RTM on Wednesday 21st of September 2005 07:41:38 AM
Old 09-21-2005
Try adding the path to the library to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A problem regarding compiling C prog. in lynux ...

Hi mates, I am using Mandrake 7.1. I am trying to compile my file let is say Firstc.c file. It compiles it without any problem and creates the a.out file too. But when i am trying to execute the a.out file it brings the error: "bash: a.out: command not found!" ... i don't know what is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abdul
1 Replies

2. Programming

Problem compiling metamail

Hi Guys. I have downloaded metamail from internet e Iīm trying to compile it at a SCO 5.0.5. In this server itīs working fine (letīs name it as mission1) iīm using the developer package in this server (mission1) and when I use mailto, i got the e-mail fine. Itīs forwarding to a exchange server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahnishimi
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Problem in PowerDNS compiling

PowerDNS is true Power of Internet Name Management. http://www.powerdns.com Now, I compile it on my SunOS system (SunOS 5.8 Generic_117350-05 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10). ./configure -- no error make --> it has error: <i> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: secret4all
0 Replies

4. Programming

Problem compiling program

hi i am having a problem that when ever i use cc program_name.c to compile a program. an error occurs, showing cc not found. please help. (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
28 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem's compiling Glib

Hello, I am trying to install glib on my development box - with little/no luck. Below are some details of the box: SunOS 5.8 Generic_117350-38 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release) GNU Make version 3.78.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath. Glib version:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tetley
2 Replies

6. Programming

Problem with Compiling C on Tiger

I've downloaded Xcode and i've done : which "gcc" which "ggc-4.0" and which "c99" all were found in /usr/bin/ however with the script #include <stdio.h> main() { printf("hello, world\n"); } and when I, in command line use the command while in my home dir: gcc cprog.c -o cprog (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

Problem in HP-UX compiling

Hi When im trying to do make --version and make --help in HP-UX it throws error Make: Unknown flag argument -. Stop. a soft link is present in this directory /usr/bin/make and hard link is in /usr/ccs/bin/make what could be the reason can any1 ..please tell me how to solve this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling samba problem

People i download the lastest version of samba i`am tryng to compile it in a solaris 9 i'm reading the how to of samba, i am in the first step making the autogen.sh but show me this when i do ./autogen.sh ./autogen.sh: running script/mkversion.sh ./script/mkversion.sh: 'include/version.h'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
0 Replies

9. Programming

Library problem - not compiling in c

Ok I was trying to test if I installed correctly gsl, I followed the INSTALL file and still I don't know what is wrong. Here is a sample code to test gel,I got it from Random Number Generator Examples - GNU Scientific Library -- Reference Manual (note: made a few changes in the code) #include... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joseamck
2 Replies

10. AIX

Compiling problem - AIX 7.2

Hi We meet errors while running configuration scripts to prepare compiling source code on AIX 7.2. This error does not happen on AIX5.3 and AIX6.1 With the “/usr/bin/sh” from AIX7.2, sometimes , the script runs sucessfully, sometimes not. It’s unstable, and I don’t know why. When... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
10 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)