Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: file date check script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers file date check script Post 8372 by rwb1959 on Wednesday 10th of October 2001 03:06:31 PM
Old 10-10-2001
First let me say... my apologies. My browser went crazy
and only displayed the first 3 lines of the orignial post.
SO.... I did not see the "Example". Since the "relevant"
portion was in fact there...

if ($Filepmtdate = $RUNDATE) ; then

...it was my "visual" error. Again I can only apologize
to jaxconsultant.

No need to get bent out of shape now JH. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check file date in one week ???

How do you write a code in ksh ?? Enter the start date: 20060228 d0 = 20060228; 2. Check for 7 days of report list 1 day after the d0 d1 = 20060301 d2 = 20060302 d3 = 20060303 d4 = 20060304 d5 = 20060305 d6 = 20060306 then cat d0.log d1.log d2.log d3.log d4.log d5.log d6.log >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sabercats
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script to check file date and size

Hi guys, i am new to perl. I started reading the perl documents and try to come up with some logic. I am trying to create a script that would go into a location, search for todays files, then searches for all .txt files from today. If todays not found, its an error If file size is less... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
26 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check file with previous date

Hi all,I need your help to create the script.I need a script to check the ZIP file at network location with yesterday date name. ZIP file creation date is current date, but name of the zip file is previous date. for example file name "20110216.zip" created today 201102017.I just want to return the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepaksingla
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help I want script to check filename, size and date in specify path.

Please help, I want script to check filename, size and date in specify path. I want output as: DATE: YYYYMMDD HH:MM ------------------------------------------------ fileA,filesize,yyyy mm dd HH:MM fileA,filesize,yyyy mm dd HH:MM fileA,filesize,yyyy mm dd HH:MM fileA,filesize,yyyy mm dd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akeji
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding date numeral from file and check the validity of date format

hi there I have file names in different format as below triss_20111117_fxcb.csv triss_fxcb_20111117.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_11172011.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_11-17-2011.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_20111117.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_20111117xfb.csv... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date check script (noob)

Hello, I've been given the task of checking the date of expiration dates and notify when the date is 30 days away from expiration. As stated in the Title, I'm very new to this, I did a good bit of work over the last two days to only find out I was going down the wrong path. I'm not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drey4184
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a Date Check Script

I have about 100 Linux servers running in Amazon EC2 (CentOS 6 based) and I need to run a 'date' command against all of them. Rather than logging into each individual server via 'ssh' and running the 'date' command, can someone please help me with how something like this can be scripted? I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmennens
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help in script to check file name with todays date

I am trying to include a snippet in my script to check if the file created is having today's date. eg: File name is : ABC.YYYYMMDD-nnn.log The script should check if 'YYYYMMDD' in the above file name matches with today's date. Can you please help me in achieving this. Thanks in advance!! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran1112
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need a Script to read Log string and check date at the same time

I need to check 1 log file, which is logging: 2014-08-18T09:10:39+02:00 user: XXXXX START FEATURE 2014-08-18T09:10:39+02:00 user: XXXXX FINISH FEATURE I first need to check that the START FEATURE starts and finish on the same time/date for the same user, which is different each time START... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheBest43
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check current date file is created and with >0 kb or not for multiple directories

Hi All, I am new in scripting and working in a project where we have RSyslog servers over CentOS v7 and more than 200 network devices are sending logs to each RSyslog servers. For each network devices individual folders create on the name of the each network devices IP addresses.The main... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pinaki
7 Replies
companioncube(6x)						XScreenSaver manual						 companioncube(6x)

NAME
companioncube - a vital aparatus. SYNOPSIS
companioncube [-display host:display.screen] [-visual visual] [-window] [-root] [-delay number] [-speed ratio] [-spin] [-wander] [-count number] [-wireframe] [-fps] DESCRIPTION
The symptoms most commonly produced by Enrichment Center testing are superstition, perceiving inanimate objects as alive, and hallucina- tions. The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak. In the event that the Weighted Companion Cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice. OPTIONS
-visual visual Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual. -window Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default. -root Draw on the root window. -delay number Per-frame delay, in microseconds. Default: 30000 (0.03 seconds.). -speed number How fast the animation should run. Less than 1 for slower, greater than 1 for faster. -count number How many cubes. Default 3. -spin -no-spin Instead of bouncing, float and spin. -wander -no-wander Instead of bouncing, float and drift. -wireframe Render in wireframe instead of solid. -fps Display the current frame rate, CPU load, and polygon count. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY to get the default host and display number. XENVIRONMENT to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property. SEE ALSO
X(1), tronbit(1), lament(1), dangerball(1), xscreensaver(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 by Jamie Zawinski. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty. AUTHOR
Jamie Zawinski, with apologies to the fine folks at Valve Software and Aperture Science. X Version 11 5.15 (28-Sep-2011) companioncube(6x)