Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: man pages in AIX
Operating Systems AIX man pages in AIX Post 83682 by ChrisGWarp on Sunday 18th of September 2005 06:04:49 AM
Old 09-18-2005
Install the bos.rte.man package; from where????

I've just gone through all of the AIX CD's, and Bonus pack as well as the base and extended documentation CD's.

I can not find that package anywhere!

Could you please let me know where I should look to find this elusive beast?

Ta.

-Chris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Man pages

Hello , I just installed openssh in my system . I actually tried to man sshd but it says no entry , though there is a man directory in the installation which have the man pages for sshd . Can anyone tell me how should i install these man pages . DP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi, I've written now a man pages, but I don't knwo how to get 'man' to view them. Where have I to put this files, which directories are allowed?? THX Bensky (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bensky
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi folks, I want to know all the commands for which man pages are available. How do i get it? Cheers, Nisha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install Man Pages on aix

How can I install the man pages on ibm unix aix 4.3? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GKL
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

When reading man pages, I notice that sometimes commands are follwed by a number enclosed in parenthesis. such as: mkdir calls the mkdir(2) system call. What exactly does this mean? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
4 Replies

6. Solaris

jumpstart and man pages

I've set up a jumpstart server on a Ultra 1 with 2 external 9GB hard drives. Below is the contents of the rules.ok file: Jserver# more rules.ok hostname jumpme - host_class - # version=2 checksum=2852 Below is the contents of the profile that I'm using for the test... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to read man pages

can anybody explain me how to read unix man pages? for example when i want to get information about ps command man ps gives me this output: *********************************** Reformatting page. Please wait... completed ps(1) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
2 Replies

8. Solaris

MAN PAGES

Hi everyone, I have a small query, in solaris the man pages get displayed on half of the terminal , can i get a full terminal or full screen display ?:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: M.Choudhury
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Looking for some man pages.

Can anyone supply me with the man pages for: omnidatalist omnibarlist omnisap.exe I prefer the source man pages in nroff format. A clue about the software bundles which supply these man pages is fine as well. OS: HP-UX TIA (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb008
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Man pages for Pthreads

"how to see the man pages related to pthreads". while executing the command man pthread_t . im getting the following error!!!!! No manual entry for pthread. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthukumar U
3 Replies
DH_INSTALLEXAMPLES(1)						     Debhelper						     DH_INSTALLEXAMPLES(1)

NAME
dh_installexamples - install example files into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installexamples [debhelperoptions] [-A] [-Xitem] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installexamples is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing examples into usr/share/doc/package/examples in package build directories. From debhelper compatibility level 11 on, dh_install will fall back to looking in debian/tmp for files, if it does not find them in the current directory (or wherever you've told it to look using --sourcedir). FILES
debian/package.examples Lists example files or directories to be installed. OPTIONS
-A, --all Install any files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. --sourcedir=dir Look in the specified directory for files to be installed. This option requires compat 11 or later (it is silently ignored in compat 10 or earlier). Note that this is not the same as the --sourcedirectory option used by the dh_auto_* commands. You rarely need to use this option, since dh_installexamples automatically looks for files in debian/tmp in debhelper compatibility level 11 and above. --doc-main-package=main-package Set the main package for a documentation package. This is used to install the documentation of the documentation package in /usr/share/doc/main-package as recommended by the Debian policy manual 3.9.7 in S12.3. In compat 11 (or later), this option is only useful if debhelper's auto-detection of the main package is wrong. The option can also be used to silence a warning from debhelper when the auto-detection fails but the default happens to be correct. This option cannot be used when dh_installexamples is instructed to act on multiple packages. If you need this option, you will generally need to combine it with -p to ensure exactly one package is acted on. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Install these files (or directories) as examples into the first package acted on. (Or into all packages if -A is specified.) NOTES
Note that dh_installexamples will happily copy entire directory hierarchies if you ask it to (similar to cp -a). If it is asked to install a directory, it will install the complete contents of the directory. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLEXAMPLES(1)