Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Automating SFTP with Expect
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automating SFTP with Expect Post 83574 by paulmac on Friday 16th of September 2005 03:29:19 AM
Old 09-16-2005
Bug Timeout

If you want the expect script to pause / wait for a certain amount of time
then just add

sleep 1

at the appropriate position

This will cause the prg to wait for 1 second.

You could also force expect into conservative mode, read the man page
on your system for information on this.

This will make the prg wait 1/10 sec between each character being sent.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

automating sftp script

I have to write an automated sftp script which uses password authentication method to access the remote server. I want to pass the password as a parameter or to be included in the script itself, so that when i run the sftp script, it should not prompt me to enter the password. Thanks in advance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect + cronjob + SFTP

Hi all, i got a really strange problem i wrote a script, when i run this script manually everything works fine but when i make a cronjob for it, with the same user, the EXPECT script will not work. Only the first line will be executed this is the SHell bash script #!/bin/sh; php -q... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitac
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Expect SFTP script

Hi All, Here is my Expect script, I don't get any error message when I run it. But the file never goes to other system? I also paste the output screen below. When I run the script, the script runs so fast. But when I do it manually, it takes about 10 minutes for the file to transfer. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samnyc
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Issues with automating SFTP

Hi We are trying to set up a non-interactive sftp to one of our clients to be able to transfer files to them. For the setup I logged into server1 as user1 and generated RSA public and private keys id_rsa and id_rsa.pub. Then I did an sftp to server2 as user2 and put the id_rsa.pub in the .ssh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vnparo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems when automating sftp

Hi Guys, I am working on a shell script, which gets log files from a windows machine. Problem: 1. My server doesn't support FTP, so i am using SFTP 2. I am not able to automate sftp using public key generation technique, because i need to access many windows machines using this script. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajhydprag
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem automating sFTP transfer using script in cron

Hi Newbie here I am having problems with automating sFTP transfers. Just to save time - SCP is not an option as sFTP is stipulated by controllers of far end server. Ineed to automate sFTP transfer of a single file, once a day to a remote server to which i have no control over. I am using:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbien
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using expect to automate sftp

I am trying to use a for loop in my expect cmdFile that I am calling. I want to be able to call either one file name or a series of file names in the working directory (that I won't know the names before hand) and then pass the names to the sftp program. Something like for i in (ls *txt) do (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedder191
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues with automating SFTP command

Hi All, I am currently looking at automating the steps that I follow to download log files from putty to desktop. I connect to a client's machine through citrix desktop. I am required to download quite a number of application logs to identfiy the issues in production. Steps that is being... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krackjack84
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in automating "fdisk" command using send and expect

hi i want to automate fdisk command . i spawned a process containing fdisk command from a process and tried to send the options to fdisk promt from that process. but that spawed process is notstarting itself help me out trying for two days :wall: my code: #!/bin/bash echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagak89
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to do SFTP using expect

Hi, I am trying to sftp using expect, but not getting through as it prompt for password is coming Following is the code #/usr/bin/expect > output.log sftp medcdr@10.130.254.50 expect "password:" send "Med@Cdr12\n" expect "sftp>" send "put ZTE_*201505*\r" expect "sftp>" send "bye\r"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
7 Replies
SFTP-SERVER(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    SFTP-SERVER(8)

NAME
sftp-server -- SFTP server subsystem SYNOPSIS
sftp-server [-ehR] [-f log_facility] [-l log_level] [-u umask] DESCRIPTION
sftp-server is a program that speaks the server side of SFTP protocol to stdout and expects client requests from stdin. sftp-server is not intended to be called directly, but from sshd(8) using the Subsystem option. Command-line flags to sftp-server should be specified in the Subsystem declaration. See sshd_config(5) for more information. Valid options are: -e Causes sftp-server to print logging information to stderr instead of syslog for debugging. -f log_facility Specifies the facility code that is used when logging messages from sftp-server. The possible values are: DAEMON, USER, AUTH, LOCAL0, LOCAL1, LOCAL2, LOCAL3, LOCAL4, LOCAL5, LOCAL6, LOCAL7. The default is AUTH. -h Displays sftp-server usage information. -l log_level Specifies which messages will be logged by sftp-server. The possible values are: QUIET, FATAL, ERROR, INFO, VERBOSE, DEBUG, DEBUG1, DEBUG2, and DEBUG3. INFO and VERBOSE log transactions that sftp-server performs on behalf of the client. DEBUG and DEBUG1 are equivalent. DEBUG2 and DEBUG3 each specify higher levels of debugging output. The default is ERROR. -R Places this instance of sftp-server into a read-only mode. Attempts to open files for writing, as well as other operations that change the state of the filesystem, will be denied. -u umask Sets an explicit umask(2) to be applied to newly-created files and directories, instead of the user's default mask. For logging to work, sftp-server must be able to access /dev/log. Use of sftp-server in a chroot configuration therefore requires that syslogd(8) establish a logging socket inside the chroot directory. SEE ALSO
sftp(1), ssh(1), sshd_config(5), sshd(8) T. Ylonen and S. Lehtinen, SSH File Transfer Protocol, draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-00.txt, January 2001, work in progress material. HISTORY
sftp-server first appeared in OpenBSD 2.8. AUTHORS
Markus Friedl <markus@openbsd.org> BSD
January 9, 2010 BSD