Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers using sed to append text to the end of each line Post 82173 by Redg on Monday 29th of August 2005 01:19:25 PM
Old 08-29-2005
using sed to append text to the end of each line

Anyone know how to use SED to append a comma to the end of each line

example:

field1,field2,field3,field4

If i Cat /textfile ---- How can i append the end of /textfile with a comman?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append text at end of the first line in a file

Hi I need to append some text @ end of the first line in a file. like myfile.txt list = a,b,c list.a=some.. I give the arg "d" . now it append at end of first line list=a,b,c,d list.a=some... Please help me out this (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: catgovind
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed : identify a pattern and append a word at the end of a line

Hello to all, On aix, I want to identify a term on a line in a file and then add a word at the end of the line identified. I do not want the word to be added when the line contains the symbol "#". I use the following command, but it deletes the term identified then adds the word. #sed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append text to end of line on all lines

Hi, I've spent some time researching for this but can't seem to find a solution. I have a file like this 1234|Test|20101111|18:00|19:00There will be multiple lines in the file with the same kind of format. For every line I need to make it this 1234|Test|20101111|18:00|19:00||create... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

append text from file1 to the end of each line in file2

hi; my file2.txt:portname=1;list=10.11;l- portname=2;list=10.12;l- portname=3;list=10.13;l- ... my file1.txt:;"{'sector=%27'}"\&> so; i want to see:portname=1;list=10.11;l-;"{'sector=%27'}"\&> portname=2;list=10.12;l-;"{'sector=%27'}"\&> portname=3;list=10.13;l-;"{'sector=%27'}"\&>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append text to end of every line

I've scoured the internet with mixed results. As an amateur I turn to the great minds here. I have a text file of 80 or so lines. I want to add ".pdf" to the end of each line. (For now that's it) Most of the internet points toward using "sed". I don't know coding but can figure things out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacebase
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find a certain line and append text to the end of the line

After I create printer queues in AIX, I have to append a filter file location within that printers custom file. within lets say test_queue.txt I need to find the row that starts with :699 and then I need to append on the end the string /usr/local/bin/k_portrait.sh. Now I've gotten the sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peachclift
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append text to line if begins with pattern1 AND does not end with pattern2

Hello, I'm looking for sed solution to change ... <li>keyword</li> <li>keyword <li>keyword</li> <li>keyword <li>keyword</li> ... to ... <li>keyword</li> <li>keyword</li> <li>keyword</li> <li>keyword</li> <li>keyword</li> ... I.e., if lines beginning with <li> do not end with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pioavi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED and Solaris Append line to the end of File does not work

Hello, I have to add a new line at the end of a File on Solaris-System: I think my script should be right, because I evaluated it to other threads. However the script does not what I am expected it should do. My file might look like this: Line1 Line2 Line3 And my script could... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timo_HR
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - Find a String and append a text end of the Line

Hi, I have a File, which have multiple rows. Like below 123456 Test1 FNAME JRW#$% PB MO Approver XXXXXX. YYYY 123457 Test2 FNAME JRW#$% PB MO Super XXXXXX. YYYY 123458 Test3 FNAME JRW#$% PB MO Approver XXXXXX. YYYY I want to search a line which contains PB MO Approver and append... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: java2006
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to append word at end of line

hello Team, I am looking for sed command or script which will append word at end of line. for example. I want to validate particular filesystem with mount |<filesystem name> command. if nodev parameter is not there then it should add in the fstab file with receptive to the filesystem. # mount... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghpradeep
8 Replies
SF2TEXT(1)							   AWE32 manual 							SF2TEXT(1)

NAME
SF2TEXT - program to convert SBK or SF2 (SoundFont) files to text format SYNOPSIS
sf2text SoundFont [outputfile] txt2sfx [-Bv] [-m mode] [-d sf2file] textfile sfxfile sfxtext sfxfile gus2sfx [-Bv] [-m mode] [-d sf2file] textfile sfxfile DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the sf2text , txt2sfx , sfxtext , and gus2sfx commands. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution (but may be used by others), because the original program does not have a manual page. All these programs are used for converting from various common patch file formats (SoundFont and GUS) into a proprietary format used by older versions of the AWE32 driver. Although newer versions of the driver and utilities are still compatible with these formats, these for- mats do not support multiple layer voices, and in general, you should use sfxload(1), and gusload(1) to load SoundFonts or GUS patches directly. sf2text is a program which converts SoundFont (.SBK and .SF2) files into an intermediate text format used by txt2sfx. txt2sfx is a program which converts the text format output by sf2text into a binary format "sfx" file. This file can be read by sfxload(1). sfx- text takes an "sfx" file, and converts it back to the text format. gus2sfx is a program which converts from GUS-format patch files into the sfx format handled by OPTIONS
The programs follow the usual UNIX command line syntax, but don't support long options (ones starting with two dashes `-'). sf2text, and sfxtext do not support any options. txt2sfx and gus2sfx support the following options: -B Adds a 48-byte blank loop to the end of each sample. -v Increases the verbosity level. Using this option more than once causes the output to become increasingly verbose. -m mode Sets the instrument usage mode when multiple definitions are found for the same instrument (multi-layered instruments): 0 means to use the first found, 1 means to use the last, and 2 means to merge them. -d sf2file Includes raw sample data found in the SoundFont file sf2file SEE ALSO
sfxload(1), gusload(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. The AWE32 driver and utilities were written by Takashi Iwai <iwai@dragon.mm.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>. awesfx 0.3.3 Sun Mar 2 10:13:22 GMT 1997 SF2TEXT(1)