Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP file to Mainframes
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FTP file to Mainframes Post 82094 by bhgopi on Sunday 28th of August 2005 09:08:32 PM
Old 08-28-2005
Question FTP file to Mainframes

Hi,

Can somebody please share a sample Korn shell script that will FTP a file from an Unix box to a region in Mainframe.It will be of great help if i can get this script ASAP.Or atleast give me a hint on how to do it.

Thanks,
Gopi

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to invoke cobol jobs on mainframes

Hi, Does any one of you know how to invoke the cobol jobs on mainframes? Thanks, Waseem (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File FTP to Unix from Mainframes.

Hi I have got one file FTPd from mainframe in an ASCII format in Unix environment. If I have to deduce record width within this file, each approach we are finding different record width. head -1 filename | wc -m awk '{print length($0)}' filename ... lists record width for all records. sed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to FTP file usinf shell script to Mainframes

Hi , Please help me FTP an output file to mainframes using Mainframes. I have no idea how to FTP to mainframes. :( I need to deploy my code by next week. The code is ready but the client's requirement is that i need to ftp all the output file to the mainframes server. I created the dataset... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepthimathew
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in FTP from Unix to Mainframes

Hi, I have one file to FTP from Unix to mainframe. It has been successfully FTPied. But problem is my Unix file will be generated as file_name1.sh. But Mainframes side they need file in file.name1.sh. So they dont need underscore (_) in the file name. Please let me know if there is any solution... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manneni prakash
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP to Mainframes from Unix

Hi, Iam new to unix.I have 3 files to be FTPied to Mainframe from Unix(Sun Solaries Unix). Sample record in one file is as shown below. 123ßRajß123-456ßjackßß 124ßRajeshß123-457ßjacmßß In the above file the records are seperated by delimitter "ß". When I used the below script to FTP from Unix... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul321
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell scripts for Informatica and mainframes

I am poor at scripting.Can any one help me write a script which parametrizes the script here . #!/bin/bash `rm file1.txt` lineCount=0 newRec=1 IFS=`echo "\n\c"` while read line do lineCount=$(($lineCount + 1)) #check is it a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldev
2 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Using sftp from mainframes to other server

HI all I need a script that would take the file from a mainframe to another server.Presently i am using a ndm but i am not knowing what the changes would be required to change to sftp. Can you please provide some code that would be helpful Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: msandeep27
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect Direct for copying files from Mainframes to UNIX

Hai Friends, Please help me in providing unix shell script for pulling data from mainframe dataset to unix using connect direct (NDM). Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikm
1 Replies
ftpconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     ftpconfig(1M)

NAME
ftpconfig - set up anonymous FTP SYNOPSIS
ftpconfig [ftpdir] ftpconfig -d ftpdir DESCRIPTION
The ftpconfig script is executed by the super user to set up anonymous FTP. Anonymous FTP allows users to remotely log on to the FTP server by specifying the user name ftp or anonymous and the user's email address as password. The anonymous users are logged on to the FTP Server and given access to a restricted file area with its own file system root. See chroot(2). The FTP area has its own minimal system files. This command will copy and set up all the components needed to operate an anonymous FTP server, including creating the ftp user account, creating device nodes, copying /usr/lib files, and copying timezone data. The passwd and group files set up have been stripped down to prevent malicious users from finding login names on the server. The anonymous file area will be placed under ftpdir. If the ftp user account already exists, then the current FTP area is used, and the system files in it are updated. All other files are left untouched. This command should be run to update the anonymous FTP area's configuration whenever a system patch is installed, or the system is upgraded. OPTIONS
-d Create a new or update an existing ftpdir without creating or updating the ftp user account. Use this option when creating guest FTP user accounts. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: ftpdir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the anonymous FTP area is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), useradd(1M), chroot(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpconfig(1M)