Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check that 2 directories are the same Post 82040 by mmarino on Friday 26th of August 2005 01:41:41 PM
Old 08-26-2005
Thanks! That's what I needed Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What/How to check before deleting files and directories

Hi there, I have a some directories containing web files that are old, and I need to remove them. I know that there might be sym links and hyperlinks pointing to these old directories. If that's the case, then I'll have to fix the links before deleting these old directories to avoid broken... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yvochan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check all files in directories for string and remove.. possible?

Say I am in /var/adm/bin and I want to search through all the various scripts and such in that directory for a string, say, xxx@yyy.com I want to find every file with that in there and replace it with a single space. Is that possible? Or, is it possible to search every file and get a list... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if all directories of file's path exists?

I wonder if the script below is possible to write somehow more efficiently. It seems to me the problem is very common.. CreateFolders() # parameter: name of file with relative path with regard to directory $project_root { echo $1 | awk '{ n=split($1, array, "/"); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MartyIX
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if multiple directories exist else create missing directories

Hi , I 'm trying to check if multiple directories exist on a server, if not create the missing ones and print " creating missing directory. how to write this in a simple script, I have made my code complex if ; then taskStatus="Schema extract directory exists, checking if SQL,Count and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check space of directories and send email if it has reached threshold limit

Hi, I need help in writing unix script for checking space of some directories on the system and also send an email when it reaches the threshold limit. I have written the followng code; #!/bin/ksh ADMIN="me@somewhere.com" # set alert level 80% is default THRESHOLD=80 df | grep -E... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmathew99
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete and check directories

hi im so sorry i do not have time im doing an urgent cleanup. I have to check on directories for example: /export/home/itbr /export/home/bscsmig there are more but i have the list. how do i write a ksh script in for loop to check those directories and delete display a message if it was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbavanis
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

.sh script / Check for file in two directories then cat the files

Hi, Here is what i'm trying to do, -Check in two directories for a user inputed filename -Then cat all the version found of the file to the current screen I am a total nembie to programming, here what i have done so far.... #!/bin/bash #Check in /home/loonatic and /var/named/master... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loonatic
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check existance of multiple directories

Hi, I would like to check whether all the directories exists or not. I tried the below but it gives some error. below is the excerpt from my original script 24 #Check if the required directories are exists 25 dirExists() { 26 27 if 28 then 29 echo "required... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lookinginfo
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error check for copying growing directories

I have a simple script which copies directory from one place to another and deleting the source . I am facing a situation when new files gets added when the script has started running. Its resulting in data loss Please suggest a way to avoid data loss. I googled a lot but most are perl... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check current date file is created and with >0 kb or not for multiple directories

Hi All, I am new in scripting and working in a project where we have RSyslog servers over CentOS v7 and more than 200 network devices are sending logs to each RSyslog servers. For each network devices individual folders create on the name of the each network devices IP addresses.The main... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pinaki
7 Replies
XkbResizeKeyActions(3)						   XKB FUNCTIONS					    XkbResizeKeyActions(3)

NAME
XkbResizeKeyActions - Change the number of actions bound to a key SYNOPSIS
XkbAction * XkbResizeKeyActions ( xkb, key, needed ) XkbDescRec * xkb; int key; int needed; ARGUMENTS
- xkb keyboard description to change - key keycode of key to change - needed new number of actions required DESCRIPTION
The xkb parameter points to the keyboard description containing the key whose number of actions is to be changed. The key parameter is the keycode of the key to change, and needed specifies the new number of actions required for the key. XkbResizeKeyActions reserves the space needed for the actions and returns a pointer to the beginning of the new array that holds the actions. It can change the acts, num_acts, and size_acts fields of xkb->server if it is necessary to reallocate the acts array. If needed is greater than the current number of keysyms for the key, XkbResizeKeyActions initializes all new actions in the array to NoAc- tion. Because the number of actions needed by a key is normally computed as width * number of groups, and XkbResizeKeyActions does not modify either the width or number of groups for the key, a discrepancy exists on return from XkbResizeKeyActions between the space allocated for the actions and the number required. The unused entries in the list of actions returned by XkbResizeKeyActions are not preserved across future calls to any of the map editing functions, so you must update the key actions (which updates the width and number of groups for the key) before calling another allocator function. A call to XkbChangeTypesOfKey updates these. If any allocation errors occur while resizing the number of actions bound to the key, XkbResizeKeyActions returns NULL. SEE ALSO
XkbChangeTypesOfKey(3), XkbResizeKeySyms(3) NOTES
A change to the number of actions bound to a key should be accompanied by a change in the number of symbols bound to a key. Refer to XkbRe- sizeKeySyms for more information on changing the number of symbols bound to a key. X Version 11 libX11 1.2.1 XkbResizeKeyActions(3)