Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sleep less than 1 second
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sleep less than 1 second Post 81799 by Perderabo on Wednesday 24th of August 2005 08:43:42 AM
Old 08-24-2005
If you have perl try:

perl -e 'select(undef,undef,undef,.1)'

That .1 means .1 seconds.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sleep

what is the purpose of the sleep command? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep under one second

If I want a script to sleep for less than a second, would I use a decimal? In other words, if I wanted my script to sleep for 1/4 of a second, would I say, SLEEP .25 ?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scoogie
5 Replies

3. Programming

Sleep() not working

I have a function that quits a program when <ctrl>c is entered as per following code; void quitter (void) { clear (); mvprintw (QUITTER_ROW, QUITTER_COL, "Quitting..."); refresh (); sleep (15); endwin (); exit (1); }This function is called thus; signal (SIGINT, quitter); It... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: enuenu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep Command

I am in need of some help; think I have confused myself. Here is the issue I am faced with. The script log file was fine, the nohup.out file has tens of thousands of lines like illegal use of sleep: sleep seconds So I assume there is something with the seconds calculation in the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Glove
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sleep command

Hi All I have a requiremnt to run a script inside another script. here i am pulling the record count from the table in oracle.If record count is greater than 0 the script is executed.The scripts updates the count in the table and again the count is found out and the condition is checked and same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapping 'sleep' with my 'resleep' function (Resettable sleep)

This is a very crude attempt in Bash at something that I needed but didn't seem to find in the 'sleep' command. However, I would like to be able to do it without the need for the temp file. Please go easy on me if this is already possible in some other way: How many times have you used the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sleep infinity

This might be one of the dumbest questions you've got, but please bear with me: I am a UNIX beginner. I had an test today and I was asked the following question: Q. How do you put the terminal into sleep indefinitely? I didn't know the answer, but after I came home, I tried the following... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: indyxandy
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sleep Until Query

Hi, I am a newbie in UNIX please help me develop code for below logic:-- I want my script to implement sleep until a specified time(date doesn't matter) ---------------------------------------- While currenttime > 14:00 and < 18:00 sleep end while run command exit... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiitmale
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep while i > 0

Hi, I have a script that runs a process at the beginning and I want to sleep/wait until this process is finished and then continue with the rest of the script. I am trying with this, but it is not working: process=`ps -ef | grep "proc_p01 -c" | grep -v grep | wc -l` if ; do sleep 10 done... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
7 Replies
Gtk2::RadioMenuItem(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Gtk2::RadioMenuItem(3pm)

NAME
Gtk2::RadioMenuItem - wrapper for GtkRadioMenuItem HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Glib::InitiallyUnowned +----Gtk2::Object +----Gtk2::Widget +----Gtk2::Container +----Gtk2::Bin +----Gtk2::Item +----Gtk2::MenuItem +----Gtk2::CheckMenuItem +----Gtk2::RadioMenuItem INTERFACES
Glib::Object::_Unregistered::AtkImplementorIface Gtk2::Buildable Gtk2::Activatable METHODS
widget = Gtk2::RadioMenuItem->new ($member_or_listref=undef, $label=undef) o $member_or_listref (scalar) o $label (string) widget = Gtk2::RadioMenuItem->new_from_widget ($group, $label=undef) o $group (Gtk2::RadioMenuItem) o $label (string) Since: gtk+ 2.4 widget = Gtk2::RadioMenuItem->new_with_label ($member_or_listref=undef, $label=undef) o $member_or_listref (scalar) o $label (string) widget = Gtk2::RadioMenuItem->new_with_label_from_widget ($group, $label=undef) o $group (Gtk2::RadioMenuItem) o $label (string) Since: gtk+ 2.4 widget = Gtk2::RadioMenuItem->new_with_mnemonic ($member_or_listref=undef, $label=undef) o $member_or_listref (scalar) o $label (string) widget = Gtk2::RadioMenuItem->new_with_mnemonic_from_widget ($group, $label=undef) o $group (Gtk2::RadioMenuItem) o $label (string) Since: gtk+ 2.4 arrayref = $radio_menu_item->get_group Return a reference to an array of "Gtk2::RadioMenuItem"s, the group members. $radio_menu_item->set_group ($member_or_listref) o $member_or_listref (scalar) PROPERTIES
'group' (Gtk2::RadioMenuItem : default undef : writable / private) The radio menu item whose group this widget belongs to. SIGNALS
group-changed (Gtk2::RadioMenuItem) SEE ALSO
Gtk2, Glib::Object, Glib::InitiallyUnowned, Gtk2::Object, Gtk2::Widget, Gtk2::Container, Gtk2::Bin, Gtk2::Item, Gtk2::MenuItem, Gtk2::CheckMenuItem COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2011 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Gtk2 for a full notice. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-27 Gtk2::RadioMenuItem(3pm)