Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: #!/bin/ksh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting #!/bin/ksh Post 81515 by 98_1LE on Sunday 21st of August 2005 11:57:49 PM
Old 08-22-2005
Generally speaking when a script will run from the command line, but not from cron, it is an environment problem, often PATH. If your script is using environment variables, hard code them in the script and export them.

There is nothing wrong with ksh.

The easiest way to find the problem is to look at the output from the job. Normally this is mailed to the user than the job is running as, but you can also put this at the end of the crontab entry to log everything:
>/tmp/mycron.log 2>&1

If you are still having problems post the output and someone should be able to help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

#!/bin/ksh

Hi. What does this command do in the shell script? #!/bin/ksh I have some scripts which do not run if this line is removed. First I thought it is comment but I think it sets up korn as shell. Sanjay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay_g
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

#!/bin/ksh -e

Can you please tell me what the command "#!/bin/ksh -e" means? I tried running a ksh script with "#!/bin/ksh -e" as starting line, and with "#!/bin/ksh" as starting line - they behave differently.. Thanks! Ramya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsi_ece
2 Replies

3. Tips and Tutorials

The Whole Story on #! /usr/bin/ksh

Introduction Originally, we only had one shell on unix. When ran a command, the shell would attempt to invoke one of the exec() system calls on it. It the command was an executable, the exec would succeed and the command would run. If the exec() failed, the shell would not give up, instead it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

#!/bin/sh and #!/bin/ksh

Hi All, I have a shell (#!/bin/sh) with below piece of code: if ! then echo Staging table ABC_INT_TAB is not present in the schema >> $OUTPUT fi Shell is throwning below error and continue to work even after this error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhush782003
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

/bin/sh and /bin/ksh problem

we have a shell script that we are using in KSH if ]; then _IFS=$IFS IFS=: and it's failing on /bin/sh . Is there a simple way to modify it to work on both . ( not with awk) Thanks in adv (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fuser: difference with bin/sh and bin/ksh shell script

Hi, I have a problem I don't understand with fuser. I launch a simple shell script mysleep.sh: I launch the command fuser -fu mysleep.sh but fuser doesn't return anything excepted: mysleep: Then I modify my script switching from #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/ksh I launch the command fuser -fu... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peuj
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

/bin/ksh: scriptname: not found. ???

I have started to write Korn scripts on the client's AIX 4.2 servers and there is this small problem that puzzles me. I code all my scripts the same way: - first line contains : #!/bin/ksh - I do this console command on every scripts: chmod +x scriptname But still, on some occasions,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

meaning of #!/bin/ksh -p

:b:HI Friends, Can you help me understand -p option with /usr/bin/ksh shell interpreter ? Thanks, Panditt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deshaipet
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Usage of #!/bin/ksh

Hi, In the beginning of Shell script, we give a statement like #!/bin/ksh I have 2 questions related to this, 1) It could denote about the shell we want to use, what is the real usage of this? My shell script works even without this statement, is it a mandatory one. 2) I'm using... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

/usr/bin/ksh -E

I saw one script using the first line as below /usr/bin/ksh -E I have used -x for debug but couldn't find what is this -E option for ? Pls let me know what is this -E used for Thanks RL (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reldb
1 Replies