Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sar log management
Operating Systems Solaris sar log management Post 81335 by 98_1LE on Thursday 18th of August 2005 11:18:18 AM
Old 08-18-2005
/var/adm/sa

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

sar

We have a script that uses sar -u 1 10 | awk '/Average/ { print ( $2 + $3 ) }' to get the CPU usage of a mutli engine machine. We think we are getting wrong information from the above string. We think it is adding up the total of the 12 engines and reporting back the total not the overall... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevinb
5 Replies

2. AIX

interpretation of sar

hello with a sar i have this result: System configuration: lcpu=48 ent=4.00 14:06:37 %usr %sys %wio %idle physc %entc 14:06:39 26 9 3 62 1.63 40.7 14:06:41 26 9 3 63 1.58 39.4 14:06:43 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

Sar

Hey guys in sar -v 5 5 command what is the proc means. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbn
1 Replies

4. AIX

sar

I am trying to set up sar on my AIX server. We have been running sar and getting reports on out Linux boxes in the past but would like to try to do the same in AIX. On my Linux i have a sar.sh that looks like this: #!/bin/bash LC_ALL=C sar -A -f /var/log/sa/sa27 > /server023.txt LC_ALL=C sar -A... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seacros
1 Replies

5. AIX

SAR

I am running below script to display last 48 hour data but the output is not displaying heading - AIX eqrdb26u1 1 6 00CFD5E34C00 01/21/10 System configuration: lcpu=8 ent=2.00 mode=Uncapped 22:31:40 %usr %sys %wio %idle physc %entc and footer - Average 25 9 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noorm
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log Management

In a cluster there are 4 servers namely, Master-1,Master2,Slave-1,Slave-2 The logs of these servers are saved in a specific location- /nas/archive/"under the specific server name". I need to take the logs of each server,archive it and put it in another location according to the servers.can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lekha Rajesh
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Audit.log Management

Hi, I'm fairly new to administering RedHat (or any Linux system for that matter), and was wondering if someone could help me work out how to best manage audit logs. In a nutshell, this is what I need to do: - Compress audit.log file(s) once a month and delete the originals - The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seonix
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sar during a test

Hi All, I am trying to run sar on a Redhat server during a test I am performing for a couple of hours. I would like to get the sar metrics for every second (instead of the regularly set up 10 minute interval in the cron). What is the most efficient way to do this? Thanks, Shahzad (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sleo
6 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Individual Risk Management (Personal IT Security) and Browser Cache Management

Original post from this thread on browser caching. To add to this, it is an effective security measure to clear absolutely all cached data (cookies, web content, ....) when closing the browser - i.e. in case of a shutdown. It takes a bit of work to re-login to all the sites but websites will not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
7 Replies
utmpx(4)							   File Formats 							  utmpx(4)

NAME
utmpx, wtmpx - utmpx and wtmpx database entry formats SYNOPSIS
#include <utmpx.h> /var/adm/utmpx /var/adm/wtmpx DESCRIPTION
The utmpx and wtmpx files are extended database files that have superseded the obsolete utmp and wtmp database files. The utmpx database contains user access and accounting information for commands such as who(1), write(1), and login(1). The wtmpx database contains the history of user access and accounting information for the utmpx database. USAGE
Applications should not access these databases directly, but should use the functions described on the getutxent(3C) manual page to inter- act with the utmpx and wtmpx databases to ensure that they are maintained consistently. FILES
/var/adm/utmpx user access and adminstration information /var/adm/wtmpx history of user access and adminstrative information SEE ALSO
getutxent(3C), wait(3C)wait.h(3HEAD) SunOS 5.10 22 Feb 1999 utmpx(4)