Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: file update
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting file update Post 80812 by piyush_movadiya on Friday 12th of August 2005 04:33:41 AM
Old 08-12-2005
i want to update my content in file.
like account holder deposite may be increase or discrease what i do?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

update a file with values from other file in shell bash

Hello I need to write a shell script to update properties between files. I have 2 files as follow: file1 urlWebserviceCheckAddress^=McoConfigGlobal.commonGLOBALUrlWebservice file 2 urlWebserviceCheckAddress=http://localhost:8080/tags Both files containt the same properties... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: teodora
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to update a file

-Hi, I have several hundred files, which contain the following pattern: /bb/bin/msga/mm 80& I need to change the above pattern to be /bb/bin/mm 80& I there the command I can use to do that. Thanks a lot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync - update file on backup when file renamed on source

hi all, Please help me with rsync. I configured rsync to preserve timestamps using the -a option. When i renamed fileA to fileB on source machine I have to copies at the backup server. The aim is to keep the most recent file. fileA & fileB has same contents. When i renamed fileB to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
2 Replies

4. Programming

MYSQL - trigger update on record insert or update

Right I have a MYSQL database with table1 with 3 columns, colA, colB and colC. I want to combine the data in the 3 columns into a 4th column names col_comb. Here's the SQL command that works: UPDATE table1 SET `col_comb` = CONCAT( `colA` , ' - ', `colB` , ', ', `colC` ); So now I want this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update file

Gents Please can you help. file1 43067.00 49301.00 314999999 43067.00 49157.00 313888888 43065.00 49157.00 313777777 43063.00 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to update field in file based of match to another file

In the perl below I am trying to set/update the value of $14 (last field) in file2, using the matching NM_ in $12 or $9 in file2 with the NM_ in $2 of file1. The lengths of $9 and $12 can be variable but what is consistent is the start pattern will always be NM_ and the end pattern is always ;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update file with sum of matching fields in another file

In the awk below I am trying to add a penalty to a score to each matching $1 in file2 based on the sum of $3+$4 (variable TL) from file1. Then the $4 value in file1 is divided by TL and multiplied by 100 (this valvue is variable S). Finally, $2 in file2 - S gives the updated $2 result in file2.... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move file from one directory and update the list file once moved.

Dears, I have a listfile contains list of files path. i need to read the line of the listfile mv the file to other directory and update the listfile by deleting the lines of the listfile. #!/bin/bash target=/fstest/INVESTIG/Sadiq/TEST_ARCH while read -r line || ]; do mv $line... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
19 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk to update file with partial matching line in another file and append text

In the awk below I am trying to cp and paste each matching line in f2 to $3 in f1 if $2 of f1 is in the line in f2 somewhere. There will always be a match (usually more then 1) and my actual data is much larger (several hundreds of lines) in both f1 and f2. When the line in f2 is pasted to $3 in... (4 Replies)
4 Replies
PAM_ACCT_MGMT(3)						 Linux-PAM Manual						  PAM_ACCT_MGMT(3)

NAME
pam_acct_mgmt - PAM account validation management SYNOPSIS
#include <security/pam_appl.h> int pam_acct_mgmt(pam_handle_t *pamh, int flags); DESCRIPTION
The pam_acct_mgmt function is used to determine if the users account is valid. It checks for authentication token and account expiration and verifies access restrictions. It is typically called after the user has been authenticated. The pamh argument is an authentication handle obtained by a prior call to pam_start(). The flags argument is the binary or of zero or more of the following values: PAM_SILENT Do not emit any messages. PAM_DISALLOW_NULL_AUTHTOK The PAM module service should return PAM_NEW_AUTHTOK_REQD if the user has a null authentication token. RETURN VALUES
PAM_ACCT_EXPIRED User account has expired. PAM_AUTH_ERR Authentication failure. PAM_NEW_AUTHTOK_REQD The user account is valid but their authentication token is expired. The correct response to this return-value is to require that the user satisfies the pam_chauthtok() function before obtaining service. It may not be possible for some applications to do this. In such cases, the user should be denied access until such time as they can update their password. PAM_PERM_DENIED Permission denied. PAM_SUCCESS The authentication token was successfully updated. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User unknown to password service. SEE ALSO
pam_start(3), pam_authenticate(3), pam_chauthtok(3), pam_strerror(3), pam(7) Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_ACCT_MGMT(3)