Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: And operator
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting And operator Post 80151 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 3rd of August 2005 03:05:51 PM
Old 08-03-2005
change '&&' to '-a'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Or operator with if

hi, i was trying to club to test condition with if. if -o ; then it is giving me error message, i wanted to ask how can we check two condtions with one if. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: babom
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED * operator

1. echo "abc 123 abc" | sed 's/*/X/' yields - X 123 abc Does this mean the "*" operator matches ONLY the first and the entire token - "abc" and replaces with "X" ? 2. echo "123 abc" | sed 's/*/X/' yields - X123 abc What does this indicate about the "*" operator ?? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinpeak
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

TEST operator help

Hi I want to group like this but syntactic is not right ... Thanks if Like this below does not work properly .. if then : else usage exit 1 fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
5 Replies

4. Programming

new operator

Hi, Please clear the 2 questions, 2 Questions, 1) Why the new as a operator? Is there any special reason why it can't be a function like malloc? 2) How are we considering sizeof(),new are as a opearartors? I know + - * / -> , . etc.. are operators, which criteria satisfied by sizeof()... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

op of logical operator

Why the op of the following code is like this ???? i=4 j=-1 k=0 echo $? echo $? echo $? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lipun4u
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

su with << operator

All, THe below is my script , when i use this i am getting nothing . could any one help me to know what is the use of the << operator below su - $8 << supo echo "exportsph $2 $1 $3 $4" exportsph $2 $1 $3 $4 supo i also tried as individual command su - userid << supo , when i do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

equal to operator

Hi, I have the below script executed arg="dir" if "$arg" = "dir" then echo "true" else echo "false" fi Please let me know what happens in the if command. My output is: dir: dir: No such file or directory false which is not the desired output. When i used test command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anijan
1 Replies

8. Programming

C++ no match for 'operator []'

I wrote a little students management program using structs, and when I try to compile it, an error appears: luke@luke-desktop:~/Desktop/ProgII$ g++ recStudents.cc recStudents.cc: In function ‘void add(TList&, Tstudent)': recStudents.cc:114: error: no match for ‘operator' in ‘Slist'Here... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luke Bonham
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

+= operator

im new to bash scripting and im just using online tutorials and trial and error. i wanted to write a script to read numbers from a file and find their sum: #!/bin/bash theSum=0 for line in $(cat numbers.txt) do let "theSum = theSum + $line" echo "$line" done echo "The sum is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astrolux444
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or operator

hi, I got a requirement to change existing script like below to search additional pattern "DB select". i tried using \| opearator but it is not working :(. Below is the existing code echo $(cat ${1} |sed -n '/Error in/ { N N N /Too many/ { p ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyamxtasy
5 Replies
setuname(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      setuname(1M)

NAME
setuname - change machine information SYNOPSIS
setuname [-t] [-n node] [-s name] DESCRIPTION
The setuname utility changes the parameter value for the system name and node name. Each parameter can be changed using setuname and the appropriate option. Either or both the -s and -n options must be given when invoking setuname. The system architecture may place requirements on the size of the system and network node name. The command will issue a fatal warning mes- sage and an error message if the name entered is incompatible with the system requirements. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -n node Changes the node name. node specifies the new network node name and can consist of alphanumeric characters and the special char- acters dash, underbar, and dollar sign. -s name Changes the system name. name specifies new system name and can consist of alphanumeric characters and the special characters dash, underbar, and dollar sign. -t Temporary change. No attempt will be made to create a permanent change. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) NOTES
setuname attempts to change the parameter values in two places: the running kernel and, as necessary per implementation, to cross system reboots. A temporary change changes only the running kernel. SunOS 5.11 9 Jul 2003 setuname(1M)