Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 9 - Connect to internet Post 80139 by frustrated1 on Wednesday 3rd of August 2005 02:01:27 PM
Old 08-03-2005
Solaris 9 - Connect to internet

I have an ultra 10.. running solaris 9 - and have a dsl internet connection that I currently use for my windows pc's through a router.

I have connected the ultra 10 to the router - and the router has assigned me an ip through dhcp.. and I can connect to the other pc's on my network and they can access the internet, all looks good..
But I cannot connect to the internet on the ultra 10??

Any ideas /help appreciated..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot connect to the Internet

I running HPUX 11.0, Netscape gives me an error "Unable to locate Server" when using a www.something.com address. If I use an IP address I get past the router and onto the Internet. My workstation can get to the Router @ 192.168.0.1 and also it's local APACHE server. I have DHCP enabled... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnalt
8 Replies

2. Solaris

How to connect Solaris 10 to the internet ?!

ive installed a fresh copy of solaris 10 on a E3500 Server machine, i gave it a static IP address , 192.168.1.15 its a test server in our office (small office) we are using LINKSYS as our internet router and DHCP as well .. its IP is 192.168.1.1 and ive added this IP as Default route on the server... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
9 Replies

3. Solaris

how to connect to internet on Solaris 10

Hi, I am new to Solaris just migrating from Windows XP. I want to connect to internet but I have problem with configuration. My ISP has provided me a router.I get internet connection through DHCP. I don't know any proxy or subnetmask or any IP address that requires during configuration of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pappu2008
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to connect to Internet

Hi I installed solaris developer edition 1/08 today.I want to connect to Broadband internet through my ADSL 2+ Modem/Router with a username and password. plz help in this case,I am new to sun solaris:confused: the modem itself is a router it worked well on ubuntu and red hat (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santugvd
3 Replies

5. Solaris

how to connect internet in solaris???

Hi !!!! i am very new in solaris. at present i am using windows XP for internet connection. ISP has given me user name and password for connecting to the internet. it is a brodband DSL connection. but i am unable to connect to the internet in solaris. i am using one static ip given by the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alamin
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to connect to INTERNET using BSNL Broad band connection on Solaris-x86

Hi, Iam using BSNL broad band connection and i have installed two OS Xp & Sun solaris -x86 on my machine.Iam able to use INTERNET on windows Xp but not able to do it on solaris x86. I have tried using DHCP concept as well as sys-unconfig command in solaris but no results. When i use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaprakash
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 - How to connect to internet

I recently installed solaris 10 on a seperate hard disk in my desktop pc. My first hard disk is running windows xp. I am totally new to solaris. Please help me to connect to the internet through solaris 10. I read a few threads, and re-installed solaris 10 by giving 'Yes' to the question that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hari86av
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Can't connect to Internet

Dear freinds... I downloaded solaris for x86 and was able to configure the lan correctly.. I can ping and share with other destops through lan... but still I can't connect to internet ? can you please help.. I put my default gateway which is 192.168.1.1 to /etc/defaultrouter but with no use..... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
13 Replies

9. Solaris

connect to internet on solaris 9

how to configure to connect to internet on solaris 9 ? please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhiroracle
1 Replies

10. Solaris

How to connect internet to my Solaris 10 OS

Hiii, My soalris 10 OS is running on VM ware. I have internet to my windows7 OS, can someone please help me to get connected my internet connection to my Solaris OS which is running on VMware. thanks & regards, Bhagi. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)