Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX - Determining link speed
Operating Systems AIX AIX - Determining link speed Post 79895 by bakunin on Tuesday 2nd of August 2005 02:52:56 AM
Old 08-02-2005
lsattr -El <device> -a media_speed

This reads the configuration parameters for this device from the ODM.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Speed of network link

Sorry to keep bothering you guys like this with all these boring, related questions. But here's one that should be more readily answerable. What command or file should i use to get the speed/data rate of a network link? This is the capacity speed for instance 10Mbps or 100 Mbps in the case of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mint1981
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

determining ethernet port speed in solaris

i purchased, what was labeled as a 4-port fast ethernet sbus card from ebay. i installed it in my ultra1, and it seems to be working fine. how can i determine if the card is infact a fast ethernet card vs. the standard ethernet 4-port card? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
7 Replies

3. AIX

FTP Speed Problem on IBM P-Series equiped with AIX 5.2

Hi, We have IBM P-Series servers (P690, P650) equiped with AIX 5.2. Further we have 10/100 MB ethernet cards in P650 and 10/100/1000 MB ethernet cards in P690 servers. Servers are on a LAN connected with Cisco 3750 catalyst switch. FTP from one server to another is very slow,,,even 3-4 MB... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aqeelcu@hotmail
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Increasing link speed on ce0.

Hi, Does anyone know how to increase the link speed on a ce interface? Currently mine is running at 100. I need to increase this to 1000. # kstat -p ce:0::link* ce:0:ce0:link_T4 0 ce:0:ce0:link_asmpause 0 ce:0:ce0:link_duplex 2 ce:0:ce0:link_pause 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
4 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

data from blktrace: read speed V.S. write speed

I analysed disk performance with blktrace and get some data: read: 8,3 4 2141 2.882115217 3342 Q R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2142 2.882116411 3342 G R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2144 2.882117647 3342 I R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2145 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: W.C.C
1 Replies

6. AIX

Link Errors in AIX

Hi Can any suggest me how to work on this particular issue i am facing. Below is the error message received on vio servers. IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 4B436A3D 0326102912 T H fscsi1 LINK ERROR 4B436A3D 0325212712 T H fscsi1 LINK ERROR 4B436A3D... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganiiee
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Determining Disk Speed

Hi, I went to a computer store and the salesman sold me a SATA cable and told me that all SATA cables are the same. Another salesman at a different store told me a cable rated for SATA 2, which I bought, MIGHT work as well as one rate for SATA 3 but it is not guaranteed. I decided to run a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX - find also in symbolic link

Hi, i tried to search a string, recursively, in subdirectories with: find . -type f -print | xargs grep -s hello i found all files that contain the string "hello" but i would perform a search also in symbolic link, so i tried with find -L . -print | xargs grep -s hello but no result was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nash83
3 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 4.2 increase ethernet speed

Hello. I have a server RS/6000 with AIX 4.2. The server have a network card with 10/100mbps speed, but for some reason, the ethernet only runs at 10Mbps, it doesn,t matter if I put the net cable on a 100Mbps switch, it keeps running at 10Mbps speed.... I know how to view/change ethernet speed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: little_ball
1 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 4.3 ISO download link require

i need to download 4.3 ISO because my server rs6000 no display and i want to install on ther intel server to get data Also, help me installed cobol database on aix server can work on sco cobol ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajan Ghanshyam
2 Replies
LAGG(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   LAGG(4)

NAME
lagg -- link aggregation and link failover interface SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device lagg Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_lagg_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The lagg interface allows aggregation of multiple network interfaces as one virtual lagg interface for the purpose of providing fault-toler- ance and high-speed links. A lagg interface can be created using the ifconfig laggN create command. It can use different link aggregation protocols specified using the laggproto proto option. Child interfaces can be added using the laggport child-iface option and removed using the -laggport child-iface option. The driver currently supports the aggregation protocols failover (the default), lacp, loadbalance, roundrobin, broadcast, and none. The pro- tocols determine which ports are used for outgoing traffic and whether a specific port accepts incoming traffic. The interface link state is used to validate if the port is active or not. failover Sends traffic only through the active port. If the master port becomes unavailable, the next active port is used. The first interface added is the master port; any interfaces added after that are used as failover devices. By default, received traffic is only accepted when they are received through the active port. This constraint can be relaxed by setting the net.link.lagg.failover_rx_all sysctl(8) variable to a nonzero value, which is useful for certain bridged network setups. loadbalance mode. lacp Supports the IEEE 802.1AX (formerly 802.3ad) Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) and the Marker Protocol. LACP will nego- tiate a set of aggregable links with the peer in to one or more Link Aggregated Groups. Each LAG is composed of ports of the same speed, set to full-duplex operation. The traffic will be balanced across the ports in the LAG with the greatest total speed, in most cases there will only be one LAG which contains all ports. In the event of changes in physical connectivity, Link Aggregation will quickly converge to a new configuration. loadbalance Balances outgoing traffic across the active ports based on hashed protocol header information and accepts incoming traffic from any active port. This is a static setup and does not negotiate aggregation with the peer or exchange frames to monitor the link. The hash includes the Ethernet source and destination address, and, if available, the VLAN tag, and the IP source and destination address. roundrobin Distributes outgoing traffic using a round-robin scheduler through all active ports and accepts incoming traffic from any active port. broadcast Sends frames to all ports of the LAG and receives frames on any port of the LAG. none This protocol is intended to do nothing: it disables any traffic without disabling the lagg interface itself. Each lagg interface is created at runtime using interface cloning. This is most easily done with the ifconfig(8) create command or using the cloned_interfaces variable in rc.conf(5). The MTU of the first interface to be added is used as the lagg MTU. All additional interfaces are required to have exactly the same value. The loadbalance and lacp modes will use the RSS hash from the network card if available to avoid computing one, this may give poor traffic distribution if the hash is invalid or uses less of the protocol header information. Local hash computation can be forced per interface by setting the use_flowid ifconfig(8) flag. The default for new interfaces is set via the net.link.lagg.default_use_flowid sysctl(8). EXAMPLES
Create a link aggregation using LACP with two bge(4) Gigabit Ethernet interfaces: # ifconfig bge0 up # ifconfig bge1 up # ifconfig lagg0 laggproto lacp laggport bge0 laggport bge1 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 The following example uses an active failover interface to set up roaming between wired and wireless networks using two network devices. Whenever the wired master interface is unplugged, the wireless failover device will be used: # ifconfig em0 up # ifconfig ath0 ether 00:11:22:33:44:55 # ifconfig create wlan0 wlandev ath0 ssid my_net up # ifconfig lagg0 laggproto failover laggport em0 laggport wlan0 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 (Note the mac address of the wireless device is forced to match the wired device as a workaround.) SEE ALSO
ng_one2many(4), ifconfig(8), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The lagg device first appeared in FreeBSD 6.3. AUTHORS
The lagg driver was written under the name trunk by Reyk Floeter <reyk@openbsd.org>. The LACP implementation was written by YAMAMOTO Takashi for NetBSD. BUGS
There is no way to configure LACP administrative variables, including system and port priorities. The current implementation always performs active-mode LACP and uses 0x8000 as system and port priorities. BSD
October 1, 2014 BSD