Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing substring from a string Post 79587 by vgersh99 on Thursday 28th of July 2005 03:32:43 PM
Old 07-28-2005
echo './somestring.dat' | sed 's#\./##g'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

can i get a substring from a string?

for example, the string a is "abcdefg", can i get a substring "bcd" (from ato a) from string a? thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dell9
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting a substring from a string

hi all, I am trying to extract SUBSTRINGS out of a string using ksh. The string is "SAPR3K.FD0.FA.TJ.B0010.T050302" I tried using a= `expr substr $stringZ 1 2` which is giving me a syntax error, donno why?? any ideas why its not working?? I also tried echo "welcome" | awk '{... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maradona
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the substring from the string

Hi All, Can anybody help me to get the substring from the given string. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anshu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

get substring from string

Hi All, Problem Description: XML_REP_REQUEST=`CONCSUB "$LOGIN" "SQLAP" "$RESP_NAME" "$USRNM" WAIT="Y" "CONCURRENT" "APPLICATION_SHORT_NAME" "CP_SHORT_NAME"` echo Report Request: $XML_REP_REQUEST --to print value in log file While execution the value of 'XML_REP_REQUEST' is 'Prozess... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suman.g
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with string and substring also I/O

#!/bin/sh PRINTF=/usr/bin/printf PASSWD=/etc/passwd $PRINTF "Enter a UserID\n" read USERID if ; then $PRINTF "$USERID does not exist, please contact IT service\n" exit 1 fi USERHOME=`grep "^$USERID:" $PASSWD | awk -F : '{print $6}'` USERSHELL=`grep "^$USERID:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ikeQ
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring in string with whitespaces

hello, i have this string: variable="1234 /PARAMETER_1:text /PARAMETER_2:othertext" i tried to do expr match $variable '.*\(*\)' but i keep getting expr error i need to extract the word text... thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aloush89
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a string with its substring

Hi All, Below is some sample content of my input file: There are many types and traditions of anarchism, some of which are ]. Strains of anarchism have been divided into the categories of ] and ] or similar dual classifications. Anarchism is often considered to be a radical ] ideology, and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: satheeshkumar
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove a substring from string

Good morning friends, how can i remove a string with linux scripting from a file? In specific i want to remove from a file all the tweet names and links eg @aerta and links such as http://dst.co/pIiu3i9c Thanx!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paladinaeon
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Renaming batch by removing substring

I wish to rename all files ending in .txt by removing .tex. Currently I have me@me-Inspiron-518:~$ ls a.tex.txt bin b.tex.txt c.tex.txt Desktop Documents Downloads d.tex.txt Music Pictures Public Templates VideosDesired outcome me@me-Inspiron-518:~$ ls a.txt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xubuntu56
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting substring within string between 2 token within the string

Hello. First best wishes for everybody. here is the input file ("$INPUT1") contents : BASH_FUNC_message_begin_script%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_debug%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_end_script%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_error%%=() { local... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
Pod::Simple::PullParserEndToken(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Pod::Simple::PullParserEndToken(3)

NAME
Pod::Simple::PullParserEndToken -- end-tokens from Pod::Simple::PullParser SYNOPSIS
(See Pod::Simple::PullParser) DESCRIPTION
When you do $parser->get_token on a Pod::Simple::PullParser, you might get an object of this class. This is a subclass of Pod::Simple::PullParserToken and inherits all its methods, and adds these methods: $token->tagname This returns the tagname for this end-token object. For example, parsing a "=head1 ..." line will give you a start-token with the tagname of "head1", token(s) for its content, and then an end-token with the tagname of "head1". $token->tagname(somestring) This changes the tagname for this end-token object. You probably won't need to do this. $token->tag(...) A shortcut for $token->tagname(...) $token->is_tag(somestring) or $token->is_tagname(somestring) These are shortcuts for "$token->tag() eq somestring" You're unlikely to ever need to construct an object of this class for yourself, but if you want to, call "Pod::Simple::PullParserEndToken->new( tagname )" SEE ALSO
Pod::Simple::PullParserToken, Pod::Simple, Pod::Simple::Subclassing SUPPORT
Questions or discussion about POD and Pod::Simple should be sent to the pod-people@perl.org mail list. Send an empty email to pod-people-subscribe@perl.org to subscribe. This module is managed in an open GitHub repository, <https://github.com/theory/pod-simple/>. Feel free to fork and contribute, or to clone <git://github.com/theory/pod-simple.git> and send patches! Patches against Pod::Simple are welcome. Please send bug reports to <bug-pod-simple@rt.cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT AND DISCLAIMERS
Copyright (c) 2002 Sean M. Burke. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. AUTHOR
Pod::Simple was created by Sean M. Burke <sburke@cpan.org>. But don't bother him, he's retired. Pod::Simple is maintained by: o Allison Randal "allison@perl.org" o Hans Dieter Pearcey "hdp@cpan.org" o David E. Wheeler "dwheeler@cpan.org" perl v5.16.3 2013-05-03 Pod::Simple::PullParserEndToken(3)