Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: determining open ports
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users determining open ports Post 78081 by matrixmadhan on Friday 15th of July 2005 10:03:14 AM
Old 07-15-2005
thanks for the reply

i believe we can have only the list of ports registered in /etc/services

i dont think we can get a list of ports that are blocked or prevented from connecting from any of the requests

can u please clarify on this.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

closing open ports

/* Linux Slackware */ Nmap shows the following ports open on the gateway. 21/tcp ftp 22/tcp ssh 23/tcp telnet 25/tcp smtp 37/tcp time 80/tcp http 113/tcp auth 515/tcp printer 587/tcp submission 1024/tcp kdm 6000/tcp x11 ------------------------------- i would like to close as... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: LowOrderBit
10 Replies

2. Linux

How To Open Ports in RedHat ?

how can i open ports i need in red hat server vs root access ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sirius
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check open ports every ...

Hello, i need a script (bash type maybe?..), which would check open ports on 127.0.0.1 and then compare open ports with "registered/allowed" port list and try to kill the program who uses unregistered ports. It would be great that script would be started lets say every 5 or 10 minutes. You see i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MorchiuS
2 Replies

4. AIX

Open Ports on System

Hi Every body, What is the command on AIX 5.2 that can be used to get all open ports? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
2 Replies

5. Solaris

open ports solaris 8

Hello, I have a number of Solaris 8 Sun servers that have open ports that I cannot identify. I see some with 1013-1023 (which are reserved ports according to the IANA. Lsof does not identify these. I rebooted the server and they went off, but this morning I saw they were all back on again. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csgonan
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Help determining what's blocking ports

I'm fairly new to networking and am trying to figure our network out, as I was recently assigned to be network administrator where I work. I was trying to get utorrent to work but am not having success in figuring out what's blocking my ports. As of now, I'm getting connected from a mikrotik... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: brandonros
11 Replies

7. Solaris

Open ports in solaris 10

hi guys, may i know the exact steps to open a port in solaris.i have some rough idea - which is adding the port number in /etc/services. but i am not sure the correct conventions, steps or any other steps. kindly advise.thanks guys ! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

open ports and services

just a quick question: a. whats the simplest command to check open port and the corresponding services? example: bash-2.05# netstat -an | grep LISTEN *.199 *.* 0 0 49152 0 LISTEN *.8989 *.* 0 0 49152 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Open/close of ports

Hi, I have read some forum theads about the open and close ports. some points are clear and it is not working on my machine or something am i missing? I have commented out a port /etc/services, one application uses then when i use the telnet <hostname> <port_blocked> it shows connected..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balamv
1 Replies
aconnect(1)						      General Commands Manual						       aconnect(1)

NAME
aconnect - ALSA sequencer connection manager SYNOPSIS
aconnect [-d] [-options] sender receiver aconnect -i|-o [-options] aconnect -x DESCRIPTION
aconnect is a utility to connect and disconnect two existing ports on ALSA sequencer system. The ports with the arbitrary subscription permission, such as created by aseqview(1), can be connected to any (MIDI) device ports using aconnect. For example, to connect from port 64:0 to 65:0, run as follows: % aconnect 64:0 65:0 The connection is one-way, and the whole data to the sender port (64:0) is redirected to the receiver port (65:0). When another port (e.g. 65:1) is attached to the same sender port, the data is sent to both receiver ports. For disconnection, use -d option. % aconnect -d 64:0 65:0 The address can be given using the client's name. % aconnect External:0 Emu8000:1 Then the port 0 of the client matching with the string "External" is connected to the port 1 of the client matching with the "Emu8000". Another function of aconnect is to list the present ports on the given condition. The input ports, which may become sender ports, can be listed with -i option. % aconnect -i client 0: 'System' [type=kernel] 0 'Timer ' 1 'Announce ' client 64: 'External MIDI-0' [type=kernel] 0 'MIDI 0-0 ' Similarly, to see the output ports, use -o flag. You can remove all existing exported connections using -x option. This function is useful for terminating the ALSA drivers, because the modules with sequencer connections cannot be unloaded unless their connections are removed. OPTIONS
CONNECTION MANAGEMENT -d, --disconnect Disconnect the given subscription. -e, --exclusive Connect ports with exclusive mode. Both sender and receiver ports can be no longer connected by any other ports. -r, --real queue Convert time-stamps of event packets to the current value of the given real-time queue. This is option is, however, not so useful, since the receiver port must use (not necessarily own) the specified queue. -t, --tick queue Like -r option, but time-stamps are converted to the current value of the given tick queue. LIST PORTS -i, --input List existing input (readable) ports. This option is exclusive to -o. -o, --output List existing output (writable) ports. This option is exclusive to -i. -l, --list List the current connection status. The connected and connecting ports from/to each port are listed together. The suffix flag [ex] means the connection is exclusive. The suffix flag [real:#] and [tick:#] mean the connection includes real-time and tick conversion on the listed queue, respectively. REMOVE ALL CONNECTIONS -x, --removeall Remove all exported connections. SEE ALSO
aseqnet(1), aseqview(1) AUTHOR
Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de> August 31, 2000 aconnect(1)