Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: finding the java path in AIX
Special Forums IP Networking finding the java path in AIX Post 77942 by fermisoft on Thursday 14th of July 2005 03:50:16 AM
Old 07-14-2005
Thanks dude.

I added the java path manually to PATH variable in my .profile file. After that the command javaw -jar DVDtool.jar works well. Dont even have to mention which.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding relative path of a file

I have to relatively get the path of a file to use it in the script. The directory structure is /export/opt/XTools/ and under this there are several version directories - 1.0_A0, 1.0_A1, 1.0_A2 etc.,. The actual file is under these directories: installscript.sh My script should pickup the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set path for java in UNIX

How to set path for java in UNIX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhotech
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set java Path

Hey eveyone, I am new to unix, and I just installed java 6, however it doesn't recognize javac command I tried to set the path such as: set path="/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_06/bin/ but i still got the same error message. any ideas? -andi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adtd8
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding path of a running script

Hi, I just want to know any code by which i can get the path of the script which i am running. This is required to store the output in the same directory from where the script is running. pwd fails if I give absolute path of script from some other directory. Thanks in advance Puneet (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: puneet
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding a file in its path

I have a file that has multiple entries within the Unix system. Korn shell scripts are calling this file (also a ksh) with a . in front of it, and I'm trying to determine which file it is using based on the $PATH by finding where it is located first. Any suggestion on how to go about this?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavineq
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding Java Home?

Solaris 10 In the installation documentation for an application I am installing it says to run something from <JAVAHOME> Where is Java Home/JAVAHOME, how can I find it? I have tried echo $JAVAHOME but there is not output. Any ideas? Thanks edit: there is a directory called... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
4 Replies

7. Programming

Java sting up path problem

Hi java programmers I'm a newbee to the Java. Could please help me to set the path correctly. I'm getting the following error. ----jGRASP exec: javac -g C:\Documents and Settings\bogugk\Desktop\HelloWorldApp.java ----jGRASP wedge2 error: command "javac" not found. ---- This command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: repinementer
1 Replies

8. Programming

Finding the path of the C program

Hi All, I have a c program called findPath.c in a path /home/harsh/c-Programs/. How can i find the path where the program is stored at runtime?? I have given the following #include<stdio.h> int main() { system("dirname $0"); return 0; } This is resulting in the output as . <single dot... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeharshasn
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a script/program on $PATH

I am trying to put together a script to find a requested script or program on the user's search path. Am trying to replace the colons separating the parts of a path with a newline to let xargs pass the directories to a list command, but I haven't gotten that far. This is my progress: echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
7 Replies

10. Programming

Set java classes path

I add some new java jar files in the old project, how can I edit the class path? How can I compile all the java classes by just type 'C':o (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hscript
3 Replies
AIRPORT-CONFIG(1)					      General Commands Manual						 AIRPORT-CONFIG(1)

NAME
airport-config - Configurator for the original Apple AirPort Base Station ("Graphite") and the Lucent RG-1000 base station SYNOPSIS
airport-config DESCRIPTION
airport-config allows you to manage your AirPort base station, just like the AirPort software on Mac OS X. OPTIONS
airport-config accepts no command-line options. airport-config is a wrapper script around the AirportBaseStationConfigurator.jar jar file located in /usr/share/java/airport-utils. You can set the JAVACMD environment variable to use a specific JVM instead of the one chosen by the wrapper script. Set the DEBUG environ- ment variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
DEBUG Set this variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. JAVACMD The full path to the Java Virtual Machine to use. By default, the wrapper uses JAVACMD; if it is not set, it looks for JAVA_BINDIR/java, then for JAVA_HOME/bin/java before looking for a java executable in the PATH. In the latter case, the JVM used can be configured using the Debian alternatives system (see update-alternatives(8)). JAVA_HOME The full path where your JDK/JRE is installed. JAVA_BINDIR The full path to the directory where the java executable is located. JAVA_ARGS Extra command-line arguments to be passed to the Java Virtual Machine. AUTHOR
airport-config was written by Jon Sevy <jsevy@cs.drexel.edu>. This manual page was written by Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). May 20, 2006 AIRPORT-CONFIG(1)