Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: check the directory exist
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting check the directory exist Post 76988 by ust on Saturday 2nd of July 2005 02:14:18 AM
Old 07-02-2005
thx , I know your script is simpler and good, but I also want to know why my script has problem , can point out what is wrong ? thx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to check if the file exist or not?

say i would like to check if the file is existed before i use rm command. How can i do it? i know if i can use find, but i would like to have a good interface (in a shell script) thks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gusla
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check if directory/file exist using c/c++

Hi there,, how to check if directory/file exist using c/c++ under unix/linux? I can use access() under Window MFC. Thanks. Steven (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: steven88
1 Replies

3. Programming

how to check if directory/file exist using c/c++

Hi there, how to check if directory/file exist using c/c++ under linux/unix. Thanks. Steven (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steven88
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if certain files exist in a directory, if not add name to a textfile

We recieve some logs on our windows box via FTP on a daily basis, in the same directory. I would like to check for missing logs files and add their name to a text file. Something like... Check if C:\logs\file1_currentdate exists (if not, add file1_currentdate to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SunnyK
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check directory exist on servers

There are many servers and their directory structer should be exactly the same. To check the directory path for all servers, I wrote a script. #! /bin/ksh ARRAY_DIRECTORIES="/c/dev/custom/bin" ARRAY_DIRECTORIES="/c/dev/db/custom/src" ARRAY_ENV="remoteName200" ARRAY_ENV="remoteName201"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: weonpc
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check whether a directory is exist and if it is not, create it

Hi, I want to write a shell script to check whether a directory (say A) is existing in a given location and if it is not, create it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabya
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exist

Hi Does anybody know how I can check if a file exists i.e. see bellow, this doesn't work by the way and if tried countless variations on this file1=$one/file111.txt if then echo "Present" else echo "Not present" fi result : Not present (file is already present, eventhough its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gksenthilkumar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exist

Hi, I am trying to create a bash script which will check if file exist then remove that file else do nothing. I have to do same process for three files in same script. I have written code for one file and trying to run it. if then rm -r /user1/abc/File1 fi When I run this code it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: palak08
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exist

Hi, I created following script to check if file exist: #!/bin/bash SrcDir=$1 SrcFileName=$2 SrcTimePeriod=$3 if ;then echo 1 else echo 0 fi I ran it like: /apps/Scripts/FileExist.sh /apps/Inbox file1 2nd_period_2010 Even file exist at that location, my above command is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: palak08
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check file exist in a directory or not

HI folks, can any one tell me how to check whether the file is existed in a directory or not . let me tell you my requirement : if the file is existed i should display a one message or else i have to send a mail .. i have the mail logic .. but I'm failed to check file existence .. please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravan008
5 Replies
script(1)						      General Commands Manual							 script(1)

NAME
script - Makes a transcript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [file] The script command makes a transcript of everything printed on your terminal. OPTIONS
Appends the transcript to file rather than writing it to file. OPERANDS
The name of an output file that will contain the transcript of the session. If this parameter is omitted, the file typescript is written. DESCRIPTION
The transcript is written to file, or appended to file if the -a option is given. If no file name is given, the transcript is saved in the file typescript. The script ends when the forked shell exits. This program is useful when you are using a CRT and want a hard-copy record of the dialog (for example, a technical writer might create an example of a working session this way). If you specify the -a option and the file does not exist, it is created. If you do not specify the -a option and the file exists, it is replaced. RESTRICTIONS
The script command requires a streams based terminal. In single user mode, streams may not be enabled. Under these circumstances, script will exit with no action. If you are the superuser and need to run this command in single user mode, use the following special instruc- tions. Enabling Streams If it is necessary to enable a streams environment in the single user mode, enter the command /sbin/init.d/streams. This command is avail- able to the superuser only. SEE ALSO
Commands: autopush(8), cat(1), echo(1), strsetup(8), tee(1) System Administration script(1)