Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP - Get the file date and time on the remote server Post 76295 by gthokala on Monday 27th of June 2005 11:31:46 AM
Old 06-27-2005
Question FTP - Get the file date and time on the remote server

I would like to know if there is a way to get the date and timestamp of the file that is being FTP from the remote server using shell script. Currently the get command from FTP will have current date and timestamp. Tried the earlier suggestion 'HardFeed' but still getting the current date and time and not the date and timestamp on remote server. Appreciate any help. Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP a file to a remote Server

Dear all, I am trying to push a data file to a remote Server. I am taking date variable from the database. The file I want to push looks like this in /tmp hostname.export.beforedate.dmp.gz for reading the date from the database i have a file get_date.sql which contains select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivaraj
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Contantly check for file at the remote server and ftp when avaliable

Hello, I used the search engine but could not find the solution I am looking for. Probably its simple but I do not know the solution. My requirement is I ftp files every day in the morning from the remote server to the local machine. Now if the files are not there at the time I schedule the ftp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_418
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To ftp file on a remote server

I want to send some files in .gz format from my desktop to a remote server. What will be the procedure for that thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: supercops
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to get remote server date & time

Hi, i dont have remote m/c user credential. i only know remote m/c ip address. and i am able to ping that remote m/c. In windows we use: "net time \\computername" to get the remote m/c time. so how can i get remote m/c time in unix m/c? (means a unix command) Thanks for the help. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: partha_ori
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

preserving the timestamp of a file when copied from remote server to local server using ftp

Hi, I need to copy few files from remote server to local server. I write a shell script to connect to the remote server using ftp and go to that path. Now i need to copy those files in the remote directory to my local server with the timestamp of all those files shouldnt be changed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling the file date from remote server

Hi, Can anyone please tell me whether we can pull the file from the remote server tru FTP, with the same date the file is available in remote server? Thanks, Punitha (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: puni
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to FTP the latest file, based on date, from a remote server through a shell script?

How to FTP the latest file, based on date, from a remote server through a shell script? I have four files to be FTP'ed from remote server. They are of the following format. build1_runtime_mmddyyyy.txt build2_runtime_mmddyyyy.txt build3_runtime_mmddyyyy.txt buifile_count_mmddyyyy.txt ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imran_affu
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP using script not working (for transfering file from a remote unix server to windows PC.)

hi, Im using the following code for FTP #!/usr/bin/ksh ftp -v -n "10.29.45.11" << cmd user "mahesva" "mahesva123" get rtl.tar quit cmd Below is the log when i run the above code ********************************** Connected to 10.29.45.11. 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.1) 530 Please login with USER... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
20 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP a File to a Remote Server

Hi, I'm fairly new to Linux and need help with a script to ftp a .csv file to a remote server. I can ftp the .csv file manually from my server to the remote server in the "/" location. When I execute the script I receive the following message Could not create file. Here's what I have for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Computergal2104
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read latest file name with a date and time and then download from FTP

Hi All, Please help. I have requirement to read the file / folder based on the latest date and download the file and folder. There will be files and folders in the location like 20140630-144422 20140630-144422.csv 20140707-182653 20140707-182653.csv 20140710-183153... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
7 Replies
ftpconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     ftpconfig(1M)

NAME
ftpconfig - set up anonymous FTP SYNOPSIS
ftpconfig [ftpdir] ftpconfig -d ftpdir DESCRIPTION
The ftpconfig script is executed by the super user to set up anonymous FTP. Anonymous FTP allows users to remotely log on to the FTP server by specifying the user name ftp or anonymous and the user's email address as password. The anonymous users are logged on to the FTP Server and given access to a restricted file area with its own file system root. See chroot(2). The FTP area has its own minimal system files. This command will copy and set up all the components needed to operate an anonymous FTP server, including creating the ftp user account, creating device nodes, copying /usr/lib files, and copying timezone data. The passwd and group files set up have been stripped down to prevent malicious users from finding login names on the server. The anonymous file area will be placed under ftpdir. If the ftp user account already exists, then the current FTP area is used, and the system files in it are updated. All other files are left untouched. This command should be run to update the anonymous FTP area's configuration whenever a system patch is installed, or the system is upgraded. OPTIONS
-d Create a new or update an existing ftpdir without creating or updating the ftp user account. Use this option when creating guest FTP user accounts. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: ftpdir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the anonymous FTP area is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), useradd(1M), chroot(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpconfig(1M)