Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Solaris Disaster Recovery Plan ... Post 76220 by frustrated1 on Sunday 26th of June 2005 05:40:06 PM
Old 06-26-2005
Hi - I am no DR recovery expert but I would assume you need the following at least.

Assumption is that your server has disappeared off the face of the planet and you have to start from scratch

Another node - that you could restore to
Full system backups should be enough - as long as your dr site has full connectivity to the rest of your network.
I dont know much about oracle - but I would assume the full backup should cover it - maybe others could answer?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Please Tell Me About Disaster Recovery

please tell me if this thinkin is correct, if not, please corret me: disaster recovery means when something bad happens and you need to retrieved a backed up file, all you have to do is cd into the tape drive and then look for the file you want and extract it from the drive. is this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disaster Recovery

Can anyone tell me of what to expect? I've been nominated to join a team of unix admins to do a DR testing. we already have the guys who are gono be doing the restores. besides the restore, anybody know what else to look forward to?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disaster recovery

I am looking into disaster recovery and I wanted to know what files and/or other information do I need to keep copies of to sucessfully restore my system from the ground up..... Any help is greatly appreciated. I am running Solaris 8 on an Ultra 60. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rod23
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Disaster Recovery

Recovering Solaris to an alternate server I was just wondering if anyone could give me some points on restoring a Solaris 9 backup to an alternate server. Basically, we use netbackup 6 and I was wondering what the best procedures are for doing this? What things do we need to take into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron2k
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 8 using Flash Archive for Disaster Recovery

Hello everyone I am Kevin and new to this forum. I have encounter an issue I can't seem to resolve. I am currently using Solaris 8 02/04 on Sun V240 servers. I know how to create a flar image of the server and restore it using NFS (network server) or Local Tape (tape drive). What I need to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin1166
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disaster Recovery - Help needed

We have a SCO OpenServer Unix server that has been damaged. Fortunately we have a good backup of the entire system (using BackupEdge.) On a new server, if we install SCO from original SCO CD's (we have all necessary activation codes) then drop the tape (we can restore with tar), will the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmhohne
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun M5000 servers diaster recovery plan

Hi, We have two Sun M5000 systems. A is Oracle server and B is testing server. There are nine Solaris 10 zones set on A. SAN is connecting to A with ZFS configuration. Now we want to set B to be a backup server of A and make the two as identical as possible. No VERITAS cluster, no Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Disaster Recovery

Hi, I just want to throw something out there for opinions and viewpoints relating to a Disaster Recovery site. Besides the live production environment, do you think a DR environment should include: - pre-production environment - QA Environment ......or would this be considered to be OTT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
3 Replies
idevicebackup2(1)					      General Commands Manual						 idevicebackup2(1)

NAME
idevicebackup2 - Create or restore backup for iDevices running iOS4+. SYNOPSIS
idevicebackup2 [OPTIONS] CMD [CMDOPTIONS] DIRECTORY DESCRIPTION
Create or restore backup from the current or specified directory. OPTIONS
-u, --uuid UUID target specific device by its 40-digit device UUID. -d, --debug enable communication debugging. -h, --help prints usage information. COMMANDS
backup create backup for the device. restore restore last backup to the device. --system restore system files, too. --reboot reboot the system when done. --copy create a copy of backup folder before restoring. --settings restore device settings from the backup. info show details about last completed backup of device. list list files of last completed backup in CSV format. unback unpack a completed backup in DIRECTORY/_unback_/. AUTHORS
Martin Szulecki Nikias Bassen SEE ALSO
idevicebackup(1) idevicebackup2(1)