Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Solaris Disaster Recovery Plan ... Post 76217 by sam212 on Sunday 26th of June 2005 02:40:14 PM
Old 06-26-2005
Error Sun Solaris Disaster Recovery Plan ...

Hi all,

I'm new in this domain, and on this operating system, but in my job, i have to find a way to make a disaster recovery plan for our server (sun solaris) which has the oracle database. I don't have any standby servers to be used for data replication, i only want to use CD's to put on them all the system image of solaris, to be ready incase of any failure might happens to the solaris server. don't know am i clear with my explanation ? waiting for your advise on that ...

regards,
Sam ...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Please Tell Me About Disaster Recovery

please tell me if this thinkin is correct, if not, please corret me: disaster recovery means when something bad happens and you need to retrieved a backed up file, all you have to do is cd into the tape drive and then look for the file you want and extract it from the drive. is this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disaster Recovery

Can anyone tell me of what to expect? I've been nominated to join a team of unix admins to do a DR testing. we already have the guys who are gono be doing the restores. besides the restore, anybody know what else to look forward to?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disaster recovery

I am looking into disaster recovery and I wanted to know what files and/or other information do I need to keep copies of to sucessfully restore my system from the ground up..... Any help is greatly appreciated. I am running Solaris 8 on an Ultra 60. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rod23
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Disaster Recovery

Recovering Solaris to an alternate server I was just wondering if anyone could give me some points on restoring a Solaris 9 backup to an alternate server. Basically, we use netbackup 6 and I was wondering what the best procedures are for doing this? What things do we need to take into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron2k
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 8 using Flash Archive for Disaster Recovery

Hello everyone I am Kevin and new to this forum. I have encounter an issue I can't seem to resolve. I am currently using Solaris 8 02/04 on Sun V240 servers. I know how to create a flar image of the server and restore it using NFS (network server) or Local Tape (tape drive). What I need to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin1166
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disaster Recovery - Help needed

We have a SCO OpenServer Unix server that has been damaged. Fortunately we have a good backup of the entire system (using BackupEdge.) On a new server, if we install SCO from original SCO CD's (we have all necessary activation codes) then drop the tape (we can restore with tar), will the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmhohne
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun M5000 servers diaster recovery plan

Hi, We have two Sun M5000 systems. A is Oracle server and B is testing server. There are nine Solaris 10 zones set on A. SAN is connecting to A with ZFS configuration. Now we want to set B to be a backup server of A and make the two as identical as possible. No VERITAS cluster, no Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Disaster Recovery

Hi, I just want to throw something out there for opinions and viewpoints relating to a Disaster Recovery site. Besides the live production environment, do you think a DR environment should include: - pre-production environment - QA Environment ......or would this be considered to be OTT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)