Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: show all user account
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers show all user account Post 76125 by vgersh99 on Friday 24th of June 2005 04:21:11 PM
Old 06-24-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnsimpson02
you can also just do this:

more /etc/passwd

...you will find a lot of dorks that like to do things the hard way. However, if you want basics, just stick with using 'more /etc/passwd'.

jnsimpson02
pls read the rules of these forums after joining AND prior to posting.
(1) No flames, shouting (all caps), sarcasm, bullying, profanity or arrogant posts.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

user account

hi how to disable the useraccount in aix (should not remove). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chomca
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ps results - to show user's ps only

hi! how do i make ps results to only shows what's owned by users current job/background process only currently when users issuing ps: I just wanted the result when the user is issuing ps aux is same as when they're doing ps x like this: (which shows result on user's current background... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdns
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to suspend a user account?

Hi, guys. I have two questions: I need to write a script, which can show all the non-suspended users on system, and suspend the selected user account. There are two things I am not sure: 1. How can I suspend user's account? What I think is: add a string to the encrypted password in shadow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Possible to show in which directory a user can write?

Hi Gurus, is there a possibility to show where a user can write to? i want to see all directories where a user has permissions to write to. Kind Regards FranzB (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: FranzB
0 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Please help identify these user account

Please help me identify these user accounts.. bin, lp, nuucp, smbnull, mysql, tftp Can we remove these user or disable these users?We have to apply the security policy about the user identification.Since it was settup by our vendor long time ago. We do not have these informations about these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdstkg
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Help me create new user account

I want create user. That user should be login to any server without asking password. How? tell me in detail. :wall: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navkreddy
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

User account

I need to check actual date a user was disabled on my HP-UX server. Audit is claiming the user account was active during the last audit exercise. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyriac_N
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

User is a Part of a Group But Group Details Do Not Show the User

Hi, In the following output you can see the the user "richard" is a member on the team/group "developers": # id richard uid=10247(richard) gid=100361(developers) groups=100361(developers),10053(testers) but in the following details of the said group (developers), the said user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiansoil
3 Replies
SLAPD-PASSWD(5) 						File Formats Manual						   SLAPD-PASSWD(5)

NAME
slapd-passwd - /etc/passwd backend to slapd SYNOPSIS
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf DESCRIPTION
The PASSWD backend to slapd(8) serves up the user account information listed in the system passwd(5) file. This backend is provided for demonstration purposes only. The DN of each entry is "uid=<username>,<suffix>". Note that non-base searches scan the the entire passwd file, and are best suited for hosts with small passwd files. CONFIGURATION
This slapd.conf option applies to the PASSWD backend database. That is, it must follow a "database passwd" line and come before any subse- quent "backend" or "database" lines. Other database options are described in the slapd.conf(5) manual page. file <filename> Specifies an alternate passwd file to use. The default is /etc/passwd. ACCESS CONTROL
The passwd backend does not honor any of the access control semantics described in slapd.access(5). Only read (=r) access to the entry pseudo-attribute and to the other attribute values of the entries returned by the search operation is honored, which is performed by the frontend. FILES
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf default slapd configuration file /etc/passwd user account information SEE ALSO
slapd.conf(5), slapd(8), passwd(5). OpenLDAP 2012/04/23 SLAPD-PASSWD(5)