Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Loop through files in a directory Post 76002 by vino on Friday 24th of June 2005 01:37:25 AM
Old 06-24-2005
Why not run the process in the background ?

rladda.sh

Code:
#! /bin/sh

while true
do
for file in `ls /path/to/dir`
do
[[ -f $file ]] && echo "$file exists"
done
sleep 60
done

Check the /path/to/dir for any file every 60 seconds.

Run the script as

/path/to/rladda.sh &

Vino
This User Gave Thanks to vino For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

loop through the directory for files and sort by date and process the first file

hello i have a requirement where i have a direcotry in which i get files in the format STOCKS.20080114.dat STOCKS.20080115.dat STOCKS.20080117.dat STOCKS.20080118.dat i need to loop through the directory and sort by create date descending order and i need to process the first file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop certain code to all files within directory

Hi all, Can somebody help me with this problem pls. I need to extract one specific line from each files in a folder and put the all lines extracted in a unique output file in the following format. line extracted, respective name of file, date of file. I´m, trying the part to extract... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop through files in directory

hi all i have some files present in a directory i want to loop through all the files in the directory each time i loop i should change the in_file parameter in the control file and load it into a table using sql loader there is only one table where i have to load alll the files ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_tns
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the latest directory and loop through the files and pick the error messages

Hi, I am new to unix and shell scripting,can anybody help me in sctipting a requirement. my requirement is to get the latest directory the name of the directory will be like CSB.monthdate_time stamp like CSB.Sep29_11:16 and CSB.Oct01_16:21. i need to pick the latest directory. in the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir_83k
15 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Copy all files in 1 directory to another usinge for-in loop

I was looking to get some help with copying files in one directory to another using a for-in loop. My script file is called copyfile and here is what I have: for file in $(ls -a $1) do cp $file ~/dir-2 done When I run copyfile dir-1 this is what I get cp: omitting directory `.'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Trinimini
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Writing a loop to changing the names of files in a directory

Hi, I would like to write a loop to change the names of files in a directory. The files are called data1.txt through data1000.txt. I'd like to change their names to a1.txt through a1000.txt. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through files in a directory

Hello How do I loop through files in a specific directory ? This script is not working! #! /bin/bash FILES=/usr/desktop/input/* For f in $FILES; do awk '-v A="$a" -v B="$b" {$6=($1-64)/2 ;$7=((10^($6/10))/A)^(1/B) ; print}' OFS="\t" $f > /root/Desktop/output/$f.txt; done ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali.seifaddini
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through files in directory

I am trying to loop through files in a directory, and sort each file. No matter what changes I make to the code, I get the following errors: 'aunch.sh: line 4: syntax error near unexpected token `do 'aunch.sh: line 4: `for f in ${FILES}/*; do #!/bin/bash FILES=$(pwd) for f in ${FILES}/*;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ldorsey
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through files in directory

I am trying to loop through files in a directory, and sort each file. No matter what changes I make to the code, I get the following errors: 'aunch.sh: line 4: syntax error near unexpected token `do 'aunch.sh: line 4: `for f in ${FILES}/*; do #!/bin/bash FILES=$(pwd) for f in ${FILES}/*;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldorsey
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to exclude some files from the loop on the directory?

I have one question. On the directory I have many files start with DB.DAILYxxxxxxx.YYYYMMDD.HHMMSS and I have several files with other format, like LET.20170310 daily.20170310 tba.20170310 How can I exclude from my loop DB.DAILY files? I tried ls *20170310* | while read... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
4 Replies
rc.config(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						      rc.config(4)

NAME
rc.config, rc.config.d - files containing system configuration information SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system configuration used at startup is contained in files within the directory The file sources all of the files within and and exports their contents to the environment. /etc/rc.config The file is a script that sources all of the scripts, and also sources To read the configuration definitions, only this file need be sourced. This file is sourced by whenever it is run, such as when the command is run to transition between run states. Each file that exists in is sourced, without regard to which startup scripts are to be executed. /etc/rc.config.d The configuration information is structured as a directory of files, rather than as a single file containing the same information. This allows developers to create and manage their own configuration files here, without the complications of shared ownership and access of a common file. /etc/rc.config.d/* Files This is where files containing configuration variable assignments are located. Configuration scripts must be written to be read by the POSIX shell, and not the Bourne shell, or In some cases, these files must also be read and possibly modified by control scripts or the sam program. See sd(4) and sam(1M). For this reason, each variable definition must appear on a separate line, with the syntax: No trailing comments may appear on a variable definition line. Comment statements must be on separate lines, with the comment character in column one. This example shows the required syntax for configuration files: Configuration variables may be declared as array parameters when describing multiple instances of the variable configuration. For example, a system may contain two network interfaces, each having a unique IP address and subnet mask (see ifconfig(1M)). An example of such a dec- laration is as follows: Note that there must be no requirements on the order of the files sourced. This means configuration files must not refer to variables defined in other configuration files, since there is no guarantee that the variable being referenced is currently defined. There is no protection against environment variable namespace collision in these configuration files. Programmers must take care to avoid such prob- lems. /etc/TIMEZONE The file contains the definition of the environment variable. This file is required by POSIX. It is sourced by at the same time the files are sourced. SEE ALSO
rc(1M). rc.config(4)