Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers terminal emulation displaying in machine language Post 75986 by Debbie on Thursday 23rd of June 2005 05:43:26 PM
Old 06-23-2005
Reset worked just fine,
Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Terminal Emulation

Hi , I am working on SCO Unix who needs to know some basics concepts about how to write a program that will capture the input , output of one terminal to another ie whatever is being typed as input or echoed as output to terminal say tty02 shall be automatically be falshed to another terminal say... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S.P.Prasad
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal Emulation

Hello all, Am new to the forum and hope this post meets the requirements. This post will be rather lengtly but needs to be to explain the problem. I have two computers running Windows 2000 Pro. I travel for a living and use a terminal emulation program called STEP to connect to our Unix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skids
2 Replies

3. BSD

ls -G in terminal emulation

Hi ! As everyone, i installed my system and started "personalizing" it. One of the adjustments was creating an alias in /etc/profile fo ls, so when I type ls it is running ls -G so i can see a colored output. Everything is ok, but after I configured my system to start in X by default (kdm as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
2 Replies

4. SCO

Help: Terminal Emulation for SCO Unix...

Question from a newbie: We are running SCO Unix, and are using Century Software Windows Terminal Emulation “Term for Windows” for Win95 v6.3.9b. It used to work fine when we had Win98 on our machines, but now we are updating them with Win2000/XP. This WinTerm works fine on some machines, which... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fasal
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Differences between Telnet and Terminal Emulation?

HI , I am little confused about differences between Telnet and Terminal Emulation? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixhead
1 Replies

6. AIX

Terminal Emulation- AIX Server- Best Practices

Greetings. We share one AIX server with about 100 users over 4 hub sites via Procomm Plus. Users dvelop bad habits and exit straight out of the terminal window vice correctly logging out of their application session on the server. Sometimes we have to go into the server and terminate their session... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pconfig
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Terminal Emulation Issue

I am having issues with installation of Sterling-Gentran:Server for UNIX 6.1. The issue within the secadmin setup. I can get into the Security Admin Setup Screens and can navigate within but cannot reply to a popup screen (the software is asking me to confirm "YES" or "NO" and none of the keys on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: oakbob817
6 Replies

8. Programming

printer link to terminal emulation

have the following lines in .bash_profile. "ln-s /dev/ttyp0 /dev/lpw10" and ln -s /dev/ttyp0 /dev/lpc10" this allows a terminal emulation running on xp to print locally. I would like to capture the print file and store the output in a directory. Any ideas as to how to capture the print output?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: petercp
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal emulation settings help rlogin AIX to SCO

I use a program called TinyTerm to access our AIX machine. It works fine except for when I rlogin into our SCO unix server. Backspace doesn't delete, ctrl-c doesn't work (delete key does same thing), and the most annoying thing is vi acts very wierd. I have to press the down arrow like 3 times to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal emulation OSX Vs. Solaris 11

I am using Terminal on an OSX system to access and edit crontab files on a 'headless' Solaris 11 server. Crontab -e on OSX invokes vi as the editor, which is fine, but I am getting unexpected characters on keystrokes and have to abort the edit. If this is an emulation issue, would someone please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmokeyJoe
1 Replies
tran_reset(9E)							Driver Entry Points						    tran_reset(9E)

NAME
tran_reset - reset a SCSI bus or target SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/scsi/scsi.h> int prefixtran_reset(struct scsi_address *ap, int level); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris architecture specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
ap Pointer to the scsi_address(9S) structure. level The level of reset required. DESCRIPTION
The tran_reset() vector in the scsi_hba_tran(9S) structure must be initialized during the HBA driver's attach(9E) to point to an HBA entry point to be called when a target driver calls scsi_reset(9F). tran_reset() must reset either the SCSI bus, a SCSI target device, or a SCSI logical unit as specified by level. level must be one of the following: RESET_ALL Reset the SCSI bus. RESET_TARGET Reset the target specified by ap. RESET_LUN Reset the logical unit specified by ap. tran_reset should set the pkt_reason field of all outstanding packets in the transport layer associated with each target or logical unit that was successfully reset to CMD_RESET and the pkt_statistics field must be OR'ed with either STAT_BUS_RESET (if the SCSI bus was reset) or STAT_DEV_RESET (if the target or logical unit was reset). The HBA driver should use a SCSI Bus Device Reset Message to reset a target device. The HBA driver should use a SCSI Logical Unit Reset Message to reset a logical unit. Packets that are in the transport layer but not yet active on the bus should be returned with pkt_reason set to CMD_RESET and pkt_statis- tics OR'ed with STAT_ABORTED. Support for RESET_LUN is optional but strongly encouraged for new and updated HBA drivers. If an HBA driver provides RESET_LUN support, it must also create the lun-reset capability with a value of zero for each target device instance represented by a valid ap. The HBA is also required to provide the means to return the current value of the lun-reset capability in its tran_getcap(9E) routine, as well as the means to change the value of the lun_reset capability in its tran_setcap(9E) routine. RETURN VALUES
tran_reset() should return: 1 on success. 0 on failure. SEE ALSO
attach(9E), ddi_dma_buf_setup(9F), scsi_hba_attach(9F), scsi_reset(9F), scsi_address(9S), scsi_hba_tran(9S) Writing Device Drivers NOTES
If pkt_reason already indicates that an earlier error had occurred for a particular pkt, tran_reset() should not overwrite pkt_reason with CMD_RESET. SunOS 5.10 12 Jul 2002 tran_reset(9E)