Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users email attachment, with a message using mailx Post 7579 by eddie on Friday 28th of September 2001 12:23:21 AM
Old 09-28-2001
I think following command should work,

( cat mesgfile ; uuencode Test.dat Test.dat ) | mailx -s 'Testing' mymail@yahoo.com

because I like to send mail in my RH Linux 6.0 like this,

(echo From: Eddie [eddie@swh.com]; echo Subject: Testing ; echo To: My friends; cat messagefile ; uuencode -m attach.file1 attachname1 ; uuencode -m attach.file2 attachname2 ) | sendmail `cat recipients-list`

The "recipients-list" contains the email addresses like following, for example,

john@yahoo.com
david@hotmail.com
mark@aol.com
sandy@mail.emerld.com

This is handy. You can also put this simple command into a shell script if you like. Note the brackets [ ], they should be angle brackets which are treated like special characters and can not be displayed in this BBS.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by eddie; 09-28-2001 at 01:31 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract or save attachment of email using mailx

Hi, Could someone help me with 'Extract or save attachment of email using mailx' Thanks, Vijay ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kandati
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email with text & attachment using mailx

I spent some time working this out, with a little help from various forums, and thought the community would like to know : Here is how you can send an email from a single Unix command line : /usr/bin/echo "Email text\nNew line\nAnother new line" >x | uuencode sourcefile.txt sourcefile.txt |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: haryadoon
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send attachment to web-based email client using mailx

hi, i am trying to send mail with attachment to web-based email client like gmail.com using mailx. the problem is it is displayed in content rather than as attachment. the code i am using is as follows, uuencode test1.txt test1.txt | mailx -s "test only" aaaa@gmail.com does anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: randomcz1
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while sending message and attachment with mailx

Hi All, I am trying to send a mail with an attachment and message. Following command I am using. (cat <messagefile> ; uuencode <attachmentfile> <attachmentfile>)|mailx -s"Subject" dave@email.com In the received mail, message body is appearing fine. But attachment is not coming. Rather... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nihar.dutta
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding an attachment as an attachment to mailx

I don't want the attachment embedded in the mail. I would like a file attached. When I do mailx -s "Report, `date +'%D %r` " -r "Notifications" bob@bob.com < /usr/local/bin/myreport.log> /dev/null It gets embedded in my email. I want a file attachment. How do I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email with attachment and body : mailx , waiting for input , signal Control D

Hi, I am trying to send email with attacment and body using "mailx" (cat body.txt; uuencode attach.txt) | mailx -s "Attachment" abc@xyz.com When i type this command, the shell is still waiting for me to enter something in standard input and press control D before it sends a mail and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliaszero
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx with attachment and message body

i have to attach the 'body in the email' along with attachment below code is throwing errors, how can i do it ? here body file contains message, it should display in email, please help i am using HP-UX (cat body ;) (uuencode attch1 attch1 ;) | mailx -m -s "testing" "abc@gmail.com" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mimesender (Perderabo): no attachment in email message

Hello, all, I have been trying to use what Perderabo has given to send attachment via email., but I am not getting the attachments, what I see on the receiving email system are the attachments contents inside the body of the received email. No attachment icon shows in the received email. I am on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Sending email with message body and attachment

Hello experts!! I am trying to send an email with message body and attachment.but i am getting any one like message body or attachment. I tried below command: (echo "subject:test";echo "MIME-Version: 1.0";echo "content-transfer-encoding:base 64";echo "content-type:txt;name=test.txt";cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devipriya Ch
2 Replies
RT::Client::REST::Attachment(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 RT::Client::REST::Attachment(3pm)

NAME
RT::Client::REST::Attachment -- this object represents an attachment. SYNOPSIS
my $attachments = $ticket->attachments; my $count = $attachments->count; print "There are $count attachments. "; my $iterator = $attachments->get_iterator; while (my $att = &$iterator) { print "Id: ", $att->id, "; Subject: ", $att->subject, " "; } DESCRIPTION
An attachment is a second-class citizen, as it does not exist (at least from the current REST protocol implementation) by itself. At the moment, it is always associated with a ticket (see parent_id attribute). Thus, you will rarely retrieve an attachment by itself; instead, you should use "attachments()" method of RT::Client::REST::Ticket object to get an iterator for all attachments for that ticket. ATTRIBUTES
id Numeric ID of the attachment. creator_id Numeric ID of the user who created the attachment. parent_id Numeric ID of the object the attachment is associated with. This is not a proper attribute of the attachment as specified by REST -- it is simply to store the ID of the RT::Client::REST::Ticket object this attachment belongs to. subject Subject of the attachment. content_type Content type. file_name File name (if any). transaction_id Numeric ID of the RT::Client::REST::Transaction object this attachment is associated with. message_id Message ID. created Time when the attachment was created content Actual content of the attachment. headers Headers (not parsed), if any. parent Parent (not sure what this is yet). content_encoding Content encoding, if any. METHODS
RT::Client::REST::Attachment is a read-only object, so you cannot "store()" it. Also, because it is a second-class citizen, you cannot "search()" or "count()" it -- use "attachments()" method provided by RT::Client::REST::Ticket. retrieve To retrieve an attachment, attributes id and parent_id must be set. INTERNAL METHODS
rt_type Returns 'attachment'. SEE ALSO
RT::Client::REST::Ticket, RT::Client::REST::SearchResult. AUTHOR
Dmitri Tikhonov <dtikhonov@yahoo.com> LICENSE
Perl license with the exception of RT::Client::REST, which is GPLed. perl v5.14.2 2011-12-27 RT::Client::REST::Attachment(3pm)