Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting if statement with two conditions -e, && Post 74910 by yongho on Tuesday 14th of June 2005 10:23:01 AM
Old 06-14-2005
apologies

Ah yes, of course. Let me type out the larger picture so you can see how it's working.

The ls.txt is a cut listing of filenames (one filename per line).
As I'm opening each file, which happen to be all fixed-length csv files, I'm cutting the first field and the fifth field.

The following would be an example of two records (each line in each fixed-length csv file is a record with aproximately 32 fields). I have isolated the two fields for you.

Example fields (the forum deletes extra spaces so it would be easier I think if I describe it instead: FIELD1 is in columns 2-4 (a string of 3 letters), and the the second column aka FIELD5 can either be filled with a one digit number (1-9) or a single space (" ").

PHP Code:
while read FILENAME; do

FIELD1=`cut -c2-5 $FILENAME`

FIELD5=`cut -c68 $FILENAME`
    if [ 
$FIELD1 -eq "PBR" && $FIELD5 -eq " " ]; then
        $count
++

fi
done 
ls.txt 
I'm kind of thinking that maybe it's not working because... if you try to use the "cut" command and it cuts a single space, maybe the shell doesn't assign anything to the variable?

Last edited by yongho; 06-14-2005 at 11:29 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using && in if statement ..

Hi All, Can some one tell me how to get run the following: data1="hello" data2="world" if then { echo "good afternnon" } else { echo " good morning" } fi The above code gives me an error ad below : ./if.h: line 3: ' (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple conditions in if using && operator

VARIABLE="project" if && ] then echo "VARIABLE is not empty" fi this is not working what is wrong in the syntax?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: codeman007
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP read large string & split in multidimensional arrays & assign fieldnames & write into MYSQL

Hi, I hope the title does not scare people to look into this thread but it describes roughly what I'm trying to do. I need a solution in PHP. I'm a programming beginner, so it might be that the approach to solve this, might be easier to solve with an other approach of someone else, so if you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
0 Replies

4. Programming

IF && statement problem

Hello there, My first time on the forums, glad to be here :) I'm completely new to programming in PHP and I have a question which I hope someone could help me with. I am currently using this statement: if(($session == 2) && ($item == Dagger) && ($item2 == Dagger)){ ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hero
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write If statement using && and operator in Unix

Hi What is the syntax for if statement using && and || operator? if && ] || here its giving me an error to this if statement any suggestion?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

if statement with '&&' gives error

Hi, I'm using the && operator in if statement: if ; then exp $UID/$PWD@$ORACLE_SID FILE=./DUMP/$TODAY$CONCAT_STR$USERNAME.dmp STATISTICS=NONE LOG=./LOG/$TODAY$CONCAT_STR$USERNAME.log elif ; then expdp $UID/$PWD@$ORACLE_SID DIRECTORY=./DUMP/ DUMPFILE=$TODAY$CONCAT_STR$USERNAME.dmp... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: priya001
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using && in if statement with 3 expressions

how do you write an if statement for something like if ((expr 1 >= expr 2 && expr 3 >= expr 4) && expr 5 <= expr 6) if ((TRUE && TRUE) && TRUE) then condition... i've done it this way but it doesn't seem to work. if (] && "$ex_day" -le "$curr_day" ); then condition... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angilulu
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

GNU & BSD Makefile Directives & Conditions Compatibility

Firstly, I would like to apologize if this is not the appropriate sub-forum to post about GNU/BSD makefile scripting. Though my code is in C++, because I am focusing on the makefile I thought it would go better in shell scripting. Please correct me if I am wrong. Secondly, I am not interested in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Shell Script Get & Delete && Upload & Delete

Hi All, Do you have any sample script, - auto get file from SFTP remote server and delete file in remove server after downloaded. - only download specify filename - auto upload file from local to SFTP remote server and delete local folder file after uploaded - only upload specify filename ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weesiong
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: How to use read with conditions & loops

Hello, Below I try to control that the input is good an IP : #!/bin/bash cp /home/scripts/choice_interfaces.txt /home/scripts/interfaces.txt chmod 644 /home/scripts/interfaces.txt echo -e "Please enter the network informations into the /etc/network/interfaces file, complete them below... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
9 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)                                                                                                                NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)