Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting crontab entry to run every last day of the month Post 74348 by muthukumar on Thursday 9th of June 2005 07:46:20 AM
Old 06-09-2005
You can try as,
Code:
00 23 * * * [[ $(date +'%d') -eq $(cal | awk '!/^$/{ print $NF }' | tail -1) ]] && job 1>/dev/null 2>&1

hth.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Code tags please, thanks.

Last edited by zaxxon; 10-20-2011 at 04:55 AM.. Reason: code tags
This User Gave Thanks to muthukumar For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron to run first day of month to calculate date 3 months ago

Hi, I would like to find out how can i calculate a date which is 3 months ago. I intend to run a cron job on the 1st of every month, and calculate the month 4 months earlier from the date. For example, if today's date is 1st May 2007, i would like to return 012007( January 2007). i can get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron script -run every 2nd day of month except Monday

I know I can't schedule this in cron and would have to write a wrapper around my script and schedule it in cron ....but not sure how do to this? How do I exclude Monday if the 2nd day of the month falls on a Monday? Thanks. I tried this: 0 0 2 * 0,2-6 command And I know this doesnt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtou
2 Replies

3. Solaris

crontab entry to run a script on 1st of every month.

What should be the crontab entry in solaris to run a script on 1st of every month? Is this correct? 00 02 1 * * <script to be executed> (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepaksahni0109
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab to skip only one entry in a day???

Hello Friends, I have a cron tab like this: 10,40 1-23 * * * /script i want to skip only one execution at 00:10, so basically i want it to execute every hour at 10th and 40th minute, except 00:10. Could anyone help me doing this Thanks folks :b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek007
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

run the script for last day of the month

Hello Experts, I have a script which i want to run the on last day of every month. let say I have backup.sh script which i want to run it every month last day. Can anyone please help :confused: thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aks_1902
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Script via Crontab on 2nd Working day each month

Hello Guys, I have a questions regarding running a shell script every second working day each month. I have no clue how solve this problem :wall:. Important is that it has to be the second working (Mo-Fr). Example: If 1st and 2nd Days of month are Sat and Sun the script must run on 4th day... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hollo
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a script to run weekly/monthly - check for weekday or day-of-the-month

Hi all, I currently have a UNIX file maintenance script that runs daily as a cron job. Now I want to change the script and create functions/sub inside it that runs on a weekly or monthly basis. To run all the scripts' daily maintenance, I want to schedule it in cron as simply maint.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simpler crontab entry to execute pgm on last day of the month

The following bash command line works for the last day of the month. Test by replacing the 1 with tomorrows day of month number && echo "Day before tomorrow"Can it be used within crontab? As * * 28-31 * * && echo "Today ls last day of month" >>/tmp/crontabtestI tried to test crontab with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lsatenstein
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run on 2 4 and 7 day of the month

I am looking for a unix script which could run a job on 2, 4 and 7 working day of the month. if the days are falling on the saturday/sunday. it should run on the next day. Thank you.. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tradingspecial
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Dynamic crontab entry for day and night

I have query apply crontab entry that the script executes as below day hours (before 8:00 PM and after 7:00 AM) execute every 5 min in Night hours (after 8:00 PM to 7:00 AM) executes every 15 min How can we set such entry in crontab ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
4 Replies
SA2(8)								Linux User's Manual							    SA2(8)

NAME
sa2 - Write a daily report in the /var/log/sysstat directory. SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/sysstat/sa2 DESCRIPTION
The sa2 command is a shell procedure variant of the sar command which writes a daily report in the /var/log/sysstat/sardd file, where the dd parameter indicates the current day. The sa2 command handles all of the flags and parameters of the sar command. The sa2 command is designed to be started automatically by the cron command. EXAMPLES
To run the sa2 command daily, place the following entry in your root or adm crontab file: 5 19 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sysstat/sa2 -A & This will generate a daily report called /var/log/sysstat/sardd It will also remove reports more than one week old. Debian note The Debian sysstat package has already placed such an entry in your system crontab. Please refer to the /usr/share/doc/sys- stat/README.Debian file for details. FILES
/var/log/sysstat/sardd Indicate the daily report file, where the dd parameter is a number representing the day of the month. AUTHOR
Sebastien Godard (sysstat <at> orange.fr) SEE ALSO
sar(1), sadc(8), sa1(8), sadf(1) http://pagesperso-orange.fr/sebastien.godard/ Linux AUGUST 2010 SA2(8)