Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: default gateway in unix?
Special Forums IP Networking default gateway in unix? Post 70748 by smcg on Tuesday 3rd of May 2005 04:32:31 PM
Old 05-03-2005
default gateway in unix?

i'm a real unix newbie, setting up a network, with a router to router vpn connection with a remote site, all the win stuff is talking and pinging and all the stuff it should be doing (yeah and crashing too, lol) but no communication with the unix box, i think the problem is with my default gateway on the unix system. i need to know how i can check this, and how i can set it if necessary. any help would be greatly appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying IP Address/Gateway/Subnet in SCO Unix

Hi, I'm new to unix and have absolutely no experience with it. I am trying to change the network setting on the only computer on our network with SCO Unix. We switched ISP's and now have a new set of IP's. I can't for the life of me figure out how to go in and change these settings, please help.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: PBNOSGT
12 Replies

2. HP-UX

How to add another default gateway

I am using HP-UX 11i and I need to add another default gateway. how can I do that ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: salhoub
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Gateway Config

Hello: I'm new to unix and need to know if my unix server has the network configuration configured correctly. I need to add a gateway and don't know how to. Any help. Thx. George (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: projectit
6 Replies

4. AIX

Help with Default Gateway

Hi, I have two interfaces on m AIX 5.3 box. One going to 192.168.1.x and it has a gateway of 192.168.1.1. I configured the other gateway with 192.168.2.x and the default gateway as 192.168.2.1. But I can't get connectivity to the 192.168.2.1 network. Can someone help me out and let me know... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
7 Replies

5. HP-UX

where can i modify default gateway

where in configuration files can i modify default gateway in hp-ux11iv3 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
5 Replies

6. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot ping default gateway

I have NCR MP-RAS unix. I have been trying for several months to get our network working since we had never used it before. I have setup all routes that I can think of. I know it has something to do with the routing table, because out of sheer luck I was able to get it working, and than like a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rutgerncas
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Can not ping default gateway

Hi, Here is the issue: There are 2 identical systems in the same subnet here. They can ping and ssh each other. One can ping the default gateway and one can not with error '... icmp_seq Destination Host Unreachable'. I can't find any difference between the two systems in terms of network... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies

9. IP Networking

Default Gateway

I am am using IPv6 IP's with an OS of Debian. Is it possible to set a *static* default gateway w/o the router being connected? Will that gateway change when the router is connected? TIA (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
map-mbone(1M)															     map-mbone(1M)

NAME
map-mbone - Multicast Router Connection Mapper SYNOPSIS
debuglevel] retries] timeout] [multicast-router] DESCRIPTION
requests the multicast router connection information from the multicast-router, and prints the information to the standard out. sends out the ASK_NEIGHBORS igmp message to the multicast-router. When the multicast-router receives the request, it sends back its configuration information. multicast-router can be either an ip address or a system name. If the multicast-router is not specified, flood mode is on by default and the igmp request message is sent to all the multicast router on the local network. With flood mode on, when finds new neighbor routers from the replies, it will send the same igmp request to the new neighbor routers. This activity continues until no new neighbor routers are reported in the replies. The command line options are: Sets the level for printing out the debug message. The default is 0, which prints only error and warning messages. Debug level three prints most the messages. Sets the retry times to poll the routing daemon for information. The default is 1. It specifies the timeout value in seconds for waiting the reply. The default value is 2 seconds. Sets the flood mode on. It is the default value when no multicast-router is given on the command line input. Generates output in GRaphEd format. Disable DNS lookup for the multicast router names. The output contains the interface configuration information of the requested router(s). The format for each interface output is: If there are multiple neighbor routers on one interface, they will all be reported. The neighbor_name will not be printed if the option is specified on the command line. The possible values for are: Neighbors are reached via tunnel. The tunnel uses IP source routing. The interface is down. The interface is administratively disabled for multicast routing. The local router is the querier of the subnet. The format of the GRaphEd output is: If there is no neighbor router on an interface, then a will be put next to the node_name. If there are multiple neighbor routers on one interface, all of them will be reported. The possible values for are: The neighbor is reached via tunnel. The neighbor is on the same network/subnet. The interface is down. Please see mrouted(1M) for and EXAMPLES
Querying for the multicast router connection information. 127.0.0.1 (localhost) [version 3.3]: 193.2.1.39 -> 0.0.0.0 (all-zeros-broadcast) [1/1/disabled] 15.13.106.144 -> 15.255.176.33 (matmos.hpl.hp.com) [10/1/tunnel] 15.13.106.144 -> 15.17.20.7 (hpspddc.vid.hp.com) [10/1/tunnel/down] Querying for multicast router connectivity with option: GRAPH "Multicast Router Connectivity: Wed Feb 1 17:34:59 1995"=UNDIRECTED 252537488 {$ NP 1440 1060 $} "hpntc1t.cup.hp.com*" ; 252538974 {$ NP 940 1120 $} "hpntcbs.cup.hp.com" 252537488 "10/1E" 252539807 "1/1P" ; 252539807 {$ NP 1590 1150 $} "hpntc1h.cup.hp.com*" ; Note must be run as root. AUTHOR
was developed by Pavel Curtis. SEE ALSO
mrouted(1M), mrinfo(1M). map-mbone(1M)