Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers xhost: unable to open display???? Post 70432 by dangral on Thursday 28th of April 2005 05:21:48 PM
Old 04-28-2005
1) Do you have an X Server (such as Exceed or Cygwin-X) running on Windows XP when you are running the program?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Unable to open thread

I am unable to open the mimesender thread. I get the following message when clicking on https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?p=33233#post33233 : (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xhost unable to open display

I am trying to install ORACLE 10g database on HP-UNIX 11.11 I am running OUI runinstaller from exceed terminal from windows PC. I have set DISPLAY=IPAddress of PC:0.0 When installer starts it is giving me error of display (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymg
5 Replies

3. Red Hat

Error: Can't open display: :0.0

Hi, I get errors while running xclock from a non root user: # xclock --- this works fine # su - girish $ DISPLAY=:0.0; export DISPLAY $ xclock Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server Xlib: No protocol specified Error: Can't open display: :0.0 $ I basically want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish1428
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

HELP: NMON unable to display all the statistic specified via putty

Hi guys, I got this problem with NMON unable to display all the statistics specified via putty. I believe this is due to libncurses rather than NMON and also the env variable $TERM. Currently, the $TERM is set to "xterm" which should be compatible with NMON display. Is there any ways that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't Open Display localhost:0.0

I'm trying to connect to my linux server but I'm having some major problems. The server had OEL 5 installed and my local pc is running Windows XP. I'm using PuTTy to connect to the server with Xming running on my loacl machine. I login as root and run the following command - export... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethnsolomons
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xWindows error: xhost unable to open display

I am trying to direct a AIX display to my XWindows and I am at a dead end now! So this what I've done so far: 1. In putty settings, I set "Enable X11 forwarding" and also set "X diplay location" to "localhost:0" (without quotes, of course) 2. Via putty, connected to my AIX server 3. On... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoefiend
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to open Crontab

Hi, I have 2 solaris server. I can able to open to see cron entry by using crontab -l in one of the server. I cant able to open another server. How to check if crontab is fixed in that server. If not then how to make a crontab in that server. Please advice. Thanks, Mani ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Unable to open Gtalk.

Hello friends. I am currently using Ubuntu 9.10. Its having a lot of features. I have a problem in this operating system that is unable to open Gtalk. Could i get the information to use Gtalk in Ubuntu 9.10. Please reply me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andrepitt77
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to display directory info with ps command

Hello, I start an adapter using the following command - nohup ./start_embargoAdapter >/dev/null 2>&1 & and when I do the following, I can see: /export/home/xxxxx> ps -ef | grep embargo xxxxx 28086 20761 0 23:23:29 pts/7 0:00 grep embargo xxxxx 8866 1 0 Oct 06 ? 0:00... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samjna
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Unable display txt file.

Hello, I am unable to display downloaded file from unbunto. its says cat filename no file and directory but file is there. i saved file on desktop. i am using vmware players . could you please help to with the command. THANK YOU (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: raz33
8 Replies
cimserver(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      cimserver(8)

NAME
cimserver - start or stop the CIM Server; display the version number or running status of the CIM Server SYNOPSIS
cimserver [configProperty=value] ... cimserver -s [ shutdownTimeout = value ] cimserver -v cimserver -h cimserver --help cimserver --version cimserver --status Remarks This command can only be executed by a privileged user. DESCRIPTION
The cimserver command provides a command line interface to stop and start the CIM Server, as well as to display the version number or run- ning status of the CIM Server. After installation, the CIM Server must be started using the cimserver command. If the system is rebooted, the CIM Server will automati- cally restart, with the exception of the case where the CIM Server was shutdown prior to the reboot. Generally, once the CIM Server is started, it is expected to be always running and ready to serve CIM requests. However, if the CIM Server must be stopped and restarted, the cimserver command can be used to shutdown the CIM Server gracefully and restart it at a later time. Starting the CIM Server Issuing the cimserver command without any options starts the CIM Server process. When starting the CIM Server using the cimserver command, the <configProperty=value> syntax can be used to set the configuration properties to be used by the CIM Server. It is important to know that the values specified in the cimserver command apply only to the current CIM Server process that gets started. The default values for the configuration properties do not change. For a list of the CIM Server config- uration properties, see the man page for the cimconfig command. Shutting down the CIM Server Issuing the cimserver command with the -s option stops the CIM Server. Optionally, a timeout value can be specified by setting the shut- downTimeout configuration property. Under normal operation, CIM Server should be able to be shutdown fairly quickly without problem. There are, however, situations that may prevent CIM Server from shutting down within a reasonable amount of time. For example, a provider that is not responding to requests, or a provider that is servicing a long-running CIM request. To handle such situations and to ensure that the CIM Server can be shutdown without having the user wait a long period of time (or indefinitely), a shutdown timeout value is used. The shutdown timeout value is the maximum amount of time (in seconds) the user is willing to wait for the CIM Server to complete all the outstanding CIM operation requests before shutting down the CIM Server. If the specified shutdown timeout period expires, the CIM Server will be shutdown even if there are CIM operations in progress. The shutdown timeout value is a CIM Server configuration property (shut- downTimeout ) that can be changed using the command. The default shutdown timeout value is 10 seconds. A timeout value (in seconds) can be specified in the cimserver command to shutdown the CIM Server using the =value> syntax. This overrides the default shutdown timeout value. The minimum timeout value is 2 seconds. While CIM Server is shutting down, a client connection request will result in a connection error (the same as if the CIM Server were not running). For clients who have already established a connection to the CIM Server, new CIM requests will be rejected with a CIM error indicating that the CIM Server is shutting down. When a client receives a response containing a CIM error indicating that the CIM Server is shutting down, it should close the connection and reconnect to CIM Server at a later time. Options The cimserver command recognizes the following options: -v, --version Display the version number or running status of the CIM Server. -h, --help Display the command usage. --status Display the running status of the CIM Server. -s Stop the CIM Server. Specify the timeout value for shutting down the CIM Server. This can only be used in conjunction with the -s option. The minimum timeout value is 2 seconds. If this is not specified, the default configurable timeout value will be used. configProperty=value Set the value for the specified configuration property to be used in starting the CIM Server. EXIT STATUS
The cimserver command returns one of the following values: 0 Success 1 Error The cimserver --status command returns one of the following values: 0 The CIM Server is running 1 Error 2 The CIM Server is not running When an error occurs, an error message is written to stderr and an error value of 1 is returned. DIAGNOSTICS
unable to connect to CIM Server. CIM Server may not be running. The cimserver command was issued to stop the CIM Server when CIM Server was not running. An exit status value of 1 is returned. Error: Bind failed: Failed to bind socket. The cimserver command was issued to start the CIM Server and the CIM Server was already running. An exit status value of 1 is returned. EXAMPLES
Stop the CIM Server with the default timeout value of 10 seconds. cimserver -s Stop the CIM Server with a timeout value of 5 seconds. cimserver -s shutdownTimeout=5 Start the CIM Server. cimserver Start the CIM Server with the configuration property enableNamespaceAuthorization set to true. cimserver enableNamespaceAuthorization=true Display the version number of the CIM Server. This version number is used to identify the release version of the CIM Server in the OpenPe- gasus release. cimserver -v Display the command usage. cimserver -h SEE ALSO
cimconfig(8). cimserver(8)