Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to enable a disabled Unix account on HP-UX Post 70180 by Perderabo on Tuesday 26th of April 2005 02:57:03 PM
Old 04-26-2005
Depends on a lot of stuff. Although sam can probably do it in any case. What version of HP-UX? Have you converted to a trusted system? Are you using nis?

try:
/usr/lbin/modprpw -k user

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Enable locked root account

Hi Every one I disable the root account entering wrong password for many time How can I enable the root account I am using Tru64 Unix V4.0G Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed_45
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

On HP Systems, how do you enable an account??

now, HP can be very annoying when your coming off of a solaris box. anyway, i needed to change a password for a user who was on an HP machine. Changing the password was no problem but getting the user to log on with the new password was the problem. the user kept getting "account disabled"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Root account disabled and unable to access console

Hi, hope someone could help me here: Our root account was disabled on our production server this morning and usually we would login at the console to re-enable the account. However we are unable to get a login prompt at the console. The console displays the 8 options along the bottom and a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AaronC
2 Replies

4. AIX

How do I enable 16MB pages for an account that uses LDAP?

With an account that uses "Login AUTHENTICATION GRAMMAR" = "LDAP", I get this when trying to enable 16 MB page support: -bash-3.00# chuser capabilities=CAP_BYPASS_RAC_VMM,CAP_PROPAGATE trbld Error changing "capabilities" to "CAP_BYPASS_RAC_VMM,CAP_PROPAGATE" : Value is invalid. I also tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdyeager
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

PAM status 28 - account disabled

I frequently rexec into a remote box to run a job, occaisionally I get the the error message "rexecd: Account Disabled" and in the remote box syslog I see "rexecd: PAM - status 28 PAM error message: account is disabled". After a 1/2 hour or so the problem goes away. Anyone shed any light on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CBorgia
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

root - "Account is disabled"

Hi. I have an issue with root account. System doesn't let me to log on, because accound is disabled/locked. This problem since I have converted passwords file to data base using SAM. I didn't change user's parameters. Somebody knows how can i enable my root account back? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: netwalker
14 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To enable sqlplus for a user in unix

Hi I added a new user using root... now i need to enable sqlplus for that particular user... when i give sqlplus schemaname/pwd it gives $ sqlplus -bash: sqlplus: command not found PFB the OS am using $ uname -a Linux gs-portal-04 2.4.21-57.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Apr 23... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Whiteboard
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB port is disabled using BIOS, I want to enable it

Hi, I have PC with Linux OS RHEL3 and USB port is disabled from BIOS. BIOS access is protected using password. But, I have root access. Now, how can I enable USB port using root access? Is there any trick that I can do using root access that can enable USB port once my PC has booted up? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gydave
3 Replies

10. SCO

SCO 5.0.7 server - Message - Root Account is disabled - but allowing entry via daemon.

SCO 5.0.7 server on an HP Proliant ML350G5 with E200 raid controller. The message on the server during boot says this message in several places. "Root Account Disabled, but allowing entry via deamon" At this point, there are some hardware issues to work through first. One is that we don't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjdavis618
2 Replies
cachefslog(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    cachefslog(1M)

NAME
cachefslog - Cache File System logging SYNOPSIS
cachefslog [-f logfile | -h] cachefs_mount_point DESCRIPTION
The cachefslog command displays where CacheFS statistics are being logged. Optionally, it sets where CacheFS statistics are being logged, or it halts logging for a cache specified by cachefs_mount_point. The cachefs_mount_point argument is a mount point of a cache file system. All file systems cached under the same cache as cachefs_mount_point will be logged. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. You must be super-user to use the -f and -h options. -f logfile Specify the log file to be used. -h Halt logging. OPERANDS
cachefs_mount_point A mount point of a cache file system. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of cachefslog when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking the Logging of a directory. The example below checks if the directory /home/sam is being logged: example% cachefslog /home/sam not logged: /home/sam Example 2: Changing the logfile. The example below changes the logfile of /home/sam to /var/tmp/samlog: example# cachefslog -f /var/tmp/samlog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 3: Verifying the change of a logfile. The example below verifies the change of the previous example: example% cachefslog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 4: Halting the logging of a directory. The example below halts logging for the /home/sam directory: example# cachefslog -h /home/sam not logged: /home/sam EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 success non-zero an error has occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cachefsstat(1M), cachefswssize(1M), cfsadmin(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Invalid path It is illegal to specify a path within a cache file system. SunOS 5.10 7 Feb 1997 cachefslog(1M)