Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to enable a disabled Unix account on HP-UX Post 70164 by kajap on Tuesday 26th of April 2005 01:26:22 PM
Old 04-26-2005
How to enable a disabled Unix account on HP-UX

I am very new to Unix. We have a Unix user account that was disabled due to multiple tries with an invalid password. How to enable the account?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Enable locked root account

Hi Every one I disable the root account entering wrong password for many time How can I enable the root account I am using Tru64 Unix V4.0G Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed_45
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

On HP Systems, how do you enable an account??

now, HP can be very annoying when your coming off of a solaris box. anyway, i needed to change a password for a user who was on an HP machine. Changing the password was no problem but getting the user to log on with the new password was the problem. the user kept getting "account disabled"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Root account disabled and unable to access console

Hi, hope someone could help me here: Our root account was disabled on our production server this morning and usually we would login at the console to re-enable the account. However we are unable to get a login prompt at the console. The console displays the 8 options along the bottom and a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AaronC
2 Replies

4. AIX

How do I enable 16MB pages for an account that uses LDAP?

With an account that uses "Login AUTHENTICATION GRAMMAR" = "LDAP", I get this when trying to enable 16 MB page support: -bash-3.00# chuser capabilities=CAP_BYPASS_RAC_VMM,CAP_PROPAGATE trbld Error changing "capabilities" to "CAP_BYPASS_RAC_VMM,CAP_PROPAGATE" : Value is invalid. I also tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdyeager
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

PAM status 28 - account disabled

I frequently rexec into a remote box to run a job, occaisionally I get the the error message "rexecd: Account Disabled" and in the remote box syslog I see "rexecd: PAM - status 28 PAM error message: account is disabled". After a 1/2 hour or so the problem goes away. Anyone shed any light on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CBorgia
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

root - "Account is disabled"

Hi. I have an issue with root account. System doesn't let me to log on, because accound is disabled/locked. This problem since I have converted passwords file to data base using SAM. I didn't change user's parameters. Somebody knows how can i enable my root account back? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: netwalker
14 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To enable sqlplus for a user in unix

Hi I added a new user using root... now i need to enable sqlplus for that particular user... when i give sqlplus schemaname/pwd it gives $ sqlplus -bash: sqlplus: command not found PFB the OS am using $ uname -a Linux gs-portal-04 2.4.21-57.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Apr 23... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Whiteboard
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB port is disabled using BIOS, I want to enable it

Hi, I have PC with Linux OS RHEL3 and USB port is disabled from BIOS. BIOS access is protected using password. But, I have root access. Now, how can I enable USB port using root access? Is there any trick that I can do using root access that can enable USB port once my PC has booted up? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gydave
3 Replies

10. SCO

SCO 5.0.7 server - Message - Root Account is disabled - but allowing entry via daemon.

SCO 5.0.7 server on an HP Proliant ML350G5 with E200 raid controller. The message on the server during boot says this message in several places. "Root Account Disabled, but allowing entry via deamon" At this point, there are some hardware issues to work through first. One is that we don't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjdavis618
2 Replies
pam_updbe(5)							File Formats Manual						      pam_updbe(5)

NAME
pam_updbe - User policy definition service module SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The user policy definition service module for PAM, reads options defined in the user configuration file, (see pam_user.conf(4)) and uses (see pam_set_data(3)) to store the information in the pam handle for subsequent service modules to use. Service modules perform to retrieve corresponding information from the pam handle when the user is authenticated, or when the user password is changed. The use of is not mandatory. It is needed only when per user configuration is used. However, in order for the functionality of to take effect, it must be listed as the first service module after in Like any other service module, provides interfaces for all four PAM modules: authentication, account management, session management and password management. Each module just reads the options defined for the specific module type. UPDBE Authentication Module The UPDBE authentication component provides functions to read options defined in for the module type "auth". The module data name used is Unix Account Management Module The UNIX account management component provides a function to read options defined in for the module type "account". The module data name used is Unix Session Management Module The UNIX session management component provides a function to read options defined in for the module type "session". The module data name used is Unix Password Management Module The UNIX password management component provides a function to read options defined in for the module type "password". The module data name used is SEE ALSO
pam(3), pam_set_data(3), pam.conf(4), pam_user.conf(4), pam_hpsec(5). pam_updbe(5)