Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cd into home directory ~
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cd into home directory ~ Post 69138 by vibhor_agarwali on Tuesday 12th of April 2005 09:19:16 AM
Old 04-12-2005
Try

cd ~/username_here

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

c++ home directory??

when i compile *.cpp files the compiler didn't find the non standart includes.If i have to put the full path of the includet files where shall i begin from root dirctory or i heve to put includet files in cpp home directory??? can i compile java files in unix(linux mandrake 7) if yes haw... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user666
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

home directory

Hi what is the difference between the directory named /home and the user's home directory? can anyone plz reply? really confuse about it!!!!!!!! thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokia3100
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

home directory

hello i want shell script. as root , i want to untar specific.tar.gz to all home user directory and after untar , there is 1.txt 2.txt ~~ 26.txt in/public_html/test1/ i want randomly selected 6 text files in 1.txt 2.txt ~26.txt to be renamed newword1.word , newword2.word , ~~... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: topic32428285
8 Replies

4. Programming

Getting Home Directory

Hi I need to get the home directory of current user who is running the program, also i need to store the value in a particular variable and pass to the function. thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cutechaps
4 Replies

5. SuSE

Could not chdir to home directory

Hi, on logging into oracle account i got these error message Could not chdir to home directory /home/oracle: No such file or directory /usr/X11R6/bin/xauth: error in locking authority file /home/oracle/.Xauthority found the command used in creating user was usermod -d /home/oracle -m... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saha
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Restricting SFTP user to a defined directory and home directory

Hi, I've created solaris user which has both FTP and SFTP Access. Using the "ftpaccess" configuration file options "guest-root" and "restricted-uid", i can restrict the user to a specific directory. But I'm unable to restrict the user when the user is logged in using SFTP. The aim is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sftpuser
1 Replies

7. Solaris

home directory for roleadd

hi all.. by seeing the subject, you can judge that i am new bee to solaris. my question in mind is 'Why do we need to specify a home directory for roleadd ?'. specifying a home directory for user is meaningful because user oriented preferences can be placed inside it. RBAC uses attributes in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: starworse@yahoo
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Not able to create directory in /home.

I am working on Solaris 10 machine with autofs(auto_home) disabled. But when I am creating any directory inside /home like /home/Telco, it's going in sleep, and nothing is happening until I manually end the process. Can any one help me out here? ---------- Post updated 2014-01-14 at 05:05... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
2 Replies

9. Solaris

SunOS confusing root directory and user home directory

Hello, I've just started using a Solaris machine with SunOS 5.10. After the machine is turned on, I open a Console window and at the prompt, if I execute a pwd command, it tells me I'm at my home directory (someone configured "myuser" as default user after init). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: egyassun
2 Replies
createhomedir(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 					  createhomedir(1)

NAME
createhomedir -- create and populate home directories on the local computer. SYNOPSIS
createhomedir [-scbalh] [-n directoryDomainName] [-u username] DESCRIPTION
createhomedir provides several options for creating and populating home directories. OPTIONS
-s creates home directories for server home paths only (default). -c creates home directories for local home paths only. -b creates home directories for both server and local home paths. -a creates home directories for users defined in all directory domains of the server's search path. -l creates home directories for users defined in the local directory domain. -n directoryDomainName creates home directories for users defined in a specific directory domain in the server's search path. -u username creates a home directory for a specific user defined in the domain(s) identified in the -a, -l, or -n parameter. If you omit the -a, -l, and -n parameters when you use the -u parameter, -a is assumed. -i reads username list from standard input and creates specified home directories. Each username should be on its own line. -h usage help. FILES
/usr/sbin/createhomedir location of tool CAVEATS
When using the -a option, search limits of various directory servers (such as Open Directory or Active Directory) can prevent all possible home directories from being created. In this case, you may need to specify the usernames explicitly. Mac OS X June 1, 2019 Mac OS X