Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cd into home directory ~
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cd into home directory ~ Post 69129 by here2learn on Tuesday 12th of April 2005 08:24:33 AM
Old 04-12-2005
cd into home directory ~

I'm trying to cd into a home directory with
cd ~username_here
and I'm getting the following error:
~username_here: does not exist
The directory exists and I can directly go to it via cd /export/home/username_here without any problems.

Any suggestions?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

c++ home directory??

when i compile *.cpp files the compiler didn't find the non standart includes.If i have to put the full path of the includet files where shall i begin from root dirctory or i heve to put includet files in cpp home directory??? can i compile java files in unix(linux mandrake 7) if yes haw... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user666
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

home directory

Hi what is the difference between the directory named /home and the user's home directory? can anyone plz reply? really confuse about it!!!!!!!! thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokia3100
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

home directory

hello i want shell script. as root , i want to untar specific.tar.gz to all home user directory and after untar , there is 1.txt 2.txt ~~ 26.txt in/public_html/test1/ i want randomly selected 6 text files in 1.txt 2.txt ~26.txt to be renamed newword1.word , newword2.word , ~~... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: topic32428285
8 Replies

4. Programming

Getting Home Directory

Hi I need to get the home directory of current user who is running the program, also i need to store the value in a particular variable and pass to the function. thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cutechaps
4 Replies

5. SuSE

Could not chdir to home directory

Hi, on logging into oracle account i got these error message Could not chdir to home directory /home/oracle: No such file or directory /usr/X11R6/bin/xauth: error in locking authority file /home/oracle/.Xauthority found the command used in creating user was usermod -d /home/oracle -m... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saha
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Restricting SFTP user to a defined directory and home directory

Hi, I've created solaris user which has both FTP and SFTP Access. Using the "ftpaccess" configuration file options "guest-root" and "restricted-uid", i can restrict the user to a specific directory. But I'm unable to restrict the user when the user is logged in using SFTP. The aim is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sftpuser
1 Replies

7. Solaris

home directory for roleadd

hi all.. by seeing the subject, you can judge that i am new bee to solaris. my question in mind is 'Why do we need to specify a home directory for roleadd ?'. specifying a home directory for user is meaningful because user oriented preferences can be placed inside it. RBAC uses attributes in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: starworse@yahoo
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Not able to create directory in /home.

I am working on Solaris 10 machine with autofs(auto_home) disabled. But when I am creating any directory inside /home like /home/Telco, it's going in sleep, and nothing is happening until I manually end the process. Can any one help me out here? ---------- Post updated 2014-01-14 at 05:05... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
2 Replies

9. Solaris

SunOS confusing root directory and user home directory

Hello, I've just started using a Solaris machine with SunOS 5.10. After the machine is turned on, I open a Console window and at the prompt, if I execute a pwd command, it tells me I'm at my home directory (someone configured "myuser" as default user after init). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: egyassun
2 Replies
Mail::Message::Construct::Text(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Mail::Message::Construct::Text(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Message::Construct::Text - capture a Mail::Message as text SYNOPSIS
my $text = $msg->string; my $text = "$msg"; # via overload my @text = $msg->lines; my @text = @$lines; # via overload my $fh = $msg->file; my $line = <$fh>; $msg->printStructure; DESCRIPTION
Complex functionality on Mail::Message objects is implemented in different files which are autoloaded. This file implements the functionality related to creating message replies. METHODS
The whole message as text $obj->file() Returns the message as file-handle. $obj->lines() Returns the whole message as set of lines. In LIST context, copies of the lines are returned. In SCALAR context, a reference to an array of lines is returned. $obj->printStructure([FILEHANDLE|undef],[INDENT]) Print the structure of a message to the specified FILEHANDLE or the selected filehandle. When explicitly "undef" is specified as handle, then the output will be returned as string. The message's subject and the types of all composing parts are displayed. INDENT specifies the initial indentation string: it is added in front of each line. The INDENT must contain at least one white-space. example: my $msg = ...; $msg->printStructure(*OUTPUT); $msg->printStructure; my $struct = $msg->printStructure(undef); # Possible output for one message: multipart/mixed: forwarded message from Pietje Puk (1550 bytes) text/plain (164 bytes) message/rfc822 (1043 bytes) multipart/alternative: A multipart alternative (942 bytes) text/plain (148 bytes, deleted) text/html (358 bytes) $obj->string() Returns the whole message as string. Flags SEE ALSO
This module is part of Mail-Box distribution version 2.105, built on May 07, 2012. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/mailbox/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2001-2012 by [Mark Overmeer]. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-05-07 Mail::Message::Construct::Text(3pm)