Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sending Multiple Files through email Post 67869 by Ygor on Tuesday 29th of March 2005 12:30:55 AM
Old 03-29-2005
One syntax would be....
Code:
(
   for i in home/Desktop/*.gif
   do 
      uuencode $i $(basename $i) 
   done
) | mailx -s "GIf files" me@yahoo.com

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending mutiple files thru email to lotus notes

Hi All, I am currently using the following script to send the single file to one/more email addresses. I need to send mutilple files at same time, are there anyway I could modify the script or write new one to accomplish the same. Script *************** #!/bin/ksh # Author: Manish... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lapisguy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending an email with more than one files

Hi, I would like to send an email with more than one attachement. I am using uuencode. I want to achive by suing uuencode. Also please let me know other ways. -Thambi (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thambi
7 Replies

3. HP-UX

Sending Unix files as attachments in an email

Hi, I am executing the following command in order to send a file as an attachment: mailx -s "Subject" emailID@xyz.com < Testfile.txt Instead of attaching the file Testfile.txt, it is writing the contents of the file in the email message body. Please advise on how I can send the file as an... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangharsh
7 Replies

4. HP-UX

Sending email to multiple IDs

Hi, I am trying to send an email to multiple IDs from Unix script. I have given the EmailIds in a file and trying to use the file as input in the script. > cat Email EmailID = "abc@xyz.com cbz@xyz.com" In my script I have . /Email mailx -s "subj" $EmailID This fails with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangharsh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email with multiple files..

Hello,, I am loading data into the 4 tables from 4 different input files. The data gets loaded, and the e-mail is also sent to the user, but the log files for all the 4 files is not been sent.. I am trying to send e-mail to users with the log file as attachment. The script is as follows:... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
30 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zipping files and sending email

Hi, I need to zip 4 files and send an email attaching the zipped files... Pls help.. Win ---------- Post updated at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:36 AM ---------- Hi, I need to convert 4 text files into xls,zip these 4 files and send an email attaching the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: win4luv
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending multiple files along with mail message using uuencode

Hi, I have a requirement to send a mail with multiple files attached to it and along with the text message in the mail. I am trying sumthing like below but it only sends me the text message and no files attached to the mail. ---------------------------------------- ( uuencode file1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Sending Mails to the Multiple Email Address

Hi All, I am pretty new to the mail service in Sun Solaris 5.10. If anybody help me in writing a script for the multiple recipient with subject and the body would be a helpful. Kindly help... Thanks in advance. :) Warm Regards, Pramod (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending files to multiple emails

Hi All, I want to send each file to each email id as below. Instead of writing saparate 10 mail commands can we do it in a simple step. file1.csv to raghu.s@hps.com file2.csv to kiran.m@hps.com file3.csv to kenni.d@hps.com file4.csv to rani.d@hps.com file5.csv to sandya.s@hps.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending multiple files using uuencode command

Hi All, I want to send multiple CSV file using below code. In Result folder, we have multiple CSV files. However, I want to catch only Summary CSV files. I was trying using *, % with different combination. However, not able to do so. From below code, I could send only one file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapnil Mawle
1 Replies
UUENCODE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       UUENCODE(1)

NAME
uuencode, uudecode, b64encode, b64decode -- encode/decode a binary file SYNOPSIS
uuencode [-m] [-o output_file] [file] name uudecode [-cimprs] [file ...] uudecode [-i] -o output_file b64encode [-o output_file] [file] name b64decode [-cimprs] [file ...] b64decode [-i] -o output_file [file] DESCRIPTION
The uuencode and uudecode utilities are used to transmit binary files over transmission mediums that do not support other than simple ASCII data. The b64encode utility is synonymous with uuencode with the -m flag specified. The b64decode utility is synonymous with uudecode with the -m flag specified. The uuencode utility reads file (or by default the standard input) and writes an encoded version to the standard output, or output_file if one has been specified. The encoding uses only printing ASCII characters and includes the mode of the file and the operand name for use by uudecode. The uudecode utility transforms uuencoded files (or by default, the standard input) into the original form. The resulting file is named either name or (depending on options passed to uudecode) output_file and will have the mode of the original file except that setuid and exe- cute bits are not retained. The uudecode utility ignores any leading and trailing lines. The following options are available for uuencode: -m Use the Base64 method of encoding, rather than the traditional uuencode algorithm. -o output_file Output to output_file instead of standard output. The following options are available for uudecode: -c Decode more than one uuencoded file from file if possible. -i Do not overwrite files. -m When used with the -r flag, decode Base64 input instead of traditional uuencode input. Without -r it has no effect. -o output_file Output to output_file instead of any pathname contained in the input data. -p Decode file and write output to standard output. -r Decode raw (or broken) input, which is missing the initial and possibly the final framing lines. The input is assumed to be in the traditional uuencode encoding, but if the -m flag is used, or if the utility is invoked as b64decode, then the input is assumed to be in Base64 format. -s Do not strip output pathname to base filename. By default uudecode deletes any prefix ending with the last slash '/' for security reasons. EXAMPLES
The following example packages up a source tree, compresses it, uuencodes it and mails it to a user on another system. When uudecode is run on the target system, the file ``src_tree.tar.Z'' will be created which may then be uncompressed and extracted into the original tree. tar cf - src_tree | compress | uuencode src_tree.tar.Z | mail user@example.com The following example unpacks all uuencoded files from your mailbox into your current working directory. uudecode -c < $MAIL The following example extracts a compressed tar archive from your mailbox uudecode -o /dev/stdout < $MAIL | zcat | tar xfv - SEE ALSO
basename(1), compress(1), mail(1), uucp(1) (ports/net/freebsd-uucp), uuencode(5) HISTORY
The uudecode and uuencode utilities appeared in 4.0BSD. BUGS
Files encoded using the traditional algorithm are expanded by 35% (3 bytes become 4 plus control information). BSD
January 27, 2002 BSD