Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sending Multiple Files through email Post 67868 by nbvcxzdz on Tuesday 29th of March 2005 12:19:16 AM
Old 03-29-2005
Sending Multiple Files through email

Hi Everyone,

I'm using the uuencode command with the mail command to send out emails through a UNIX script. The problems is that i have a number of gif files that i need to attach to a single email but the number and name of the gif files is not static. Example today the folder home/Desktop may contain
1.gif
2.gif
3.gif

but tomorrow it may contain
3.gif
sfsdf.gif
vbgcvb.gif

So that only thing that is constant is that all the files have a gif extension. Im trying to use a single line command that will enable me to send all the gif files in the current folder:

uuencode home/Desktop/*.gif "many gif files" | mailx -s "GIf files" me@yahoo.com

does anyone know how to do this? Unfortunately zipping the files before adding them as an attachment is not possible.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending mutiple files thru email to lotus notes

Hi All, I am currently using the following script to send the single file to one/more email addresses. I need to send mutilple files at same time, are there anyway I could modify the script or write new one to accomplish the same. Script *************** #!/bin/ksh # Author: Manish... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lapisguy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending an email with more than one files

Hi, I would like to send an email with more than one attachement. I am using uuencode. I want to achive by suing uuencode. Also please let me know other ways. -Thambi (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thambi
7 Replies

3. HP-UX

Sending Unix files as attachments in an email

Hi, I am executing the following command in order to send a file as an attachment: mailx -s "Subject" emailID@xyz.com < Testfile.txt Instead of attaching the file Testfile.txt, it is writing the contents of the file in the email message body. Please advise on how I can send the file as an... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangharsh
7 Replies

4. HP-UX

Sending email to multiple IDs

Hi, I am trying to send an email to multiple IDs from Unix script. I have given the EmailIds in a file and trying to use the file as input in the script. > cat Email EmailID = "abc@xyz.com cbz@xyz.com" In my script I have . /Email mailx -s "subj" $EmailID This fails with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangharsh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email with multiple files..

Hello,, I am loading data into the 4 tables from 4 different input files. The data gets loaded, and the e-mail is also sent to the user, but the log files for all the 4 files is not been sent.. I am trying to send e-mail to users with the log file as attachment. The script is as follows:... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
30 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zipping files and sending email

Hi, I need to zip 4 files and send an email attaching the zipped files... Pls help.. Win ---------- Post updated at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:36 AM ---------- Hi, I need to convert 4 text files into xls,zip these 4 files and send an email attaching the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: win4luv
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending multiple files along with mail message using uuencode

Hi, I have a requirement to send a mail with multiple files attached to it and along with the text message in the mail. I am trying sumthing like below but it only sends me the text message and no files attached to the mail. ---------------------------------------- ( uuencode file1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Sending Mails to the Multiple Email Address

Hi All, I am pretty new to the mail service in Sun Solaris 5.10. If anybody help me in writing a script for the multiple recipient with subject and the body would be a helpful. Kindly help... Thanks in advance. :) Warm Regards, Pramod (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending files to multiple emails

Hi All, I want to send each file to each email id as below. Instead of writing saparate 10 mail commands can we do it in a simple step. file1.csv to raghu.s@hps.com file2.csv to kiran.m@hps.com file3.csv to kenni.d@hps.com file4.csv to rani.d@hps.com file5.csv to sandya.s@hps.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending multiple files using uuencode command

Hi All, I want to send multiple CSV file using below code. In Result folder, we have multiple CSV files. However, I want to catch only Summary CSV files. I was trying using *, % with different combination. However, not able to do so. From below code, I could send only one file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapnil Mawle
1 Replies
comsat(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 comsat(8)

NAME
comsat - The biff server SYNOPSIS
comsat DESCRIPTION
The comsat server receives reports of incoming mail and notifies users who request this service. comsat is invoked by the inetd(8) daemon when it receives messages on a datagram port associated with the biff(1) service specification in /etc/services(4). The datagram contains a 1-line message of the form: user@mailbox-offset If the user specified is logged in and the associated terminal has the owner execute bit turned on (with biff y), offset is used as a seek offset into the file named in mailbox. The first 7 lines or 560 characters of the mes- sage are printed on the user's system. The message excludes mail header lines other than the From or Subject lines. The comsat command always tries to convert incoming mail messages from the mail interchange codeset to the user's application codeset. It determines the mail interchange code first by checking the mail message itself to see if it contains the required information. Otherwise, the system-wide default mail interchange code in the file /usr/lib/mail-codesets will be used. If no such system file exists, no codeset conversion will be performed. The determination of the user's application code in each terminal session is by one of the following methods. The application codeset defined in the user's Asian tty driver. The codeset name stored in the ~/.codesetdevname file, where devname is the name of the terminal device for the current terminal session. You can obtain the value of devname by issuing the tty command. For example, if the tty command returns /dev/ttys8, use ttys8 as the value for devname. The lang valued option defined in $HOME/.mailrc or /usr/share/lib/Mail.rc. FILES
Specifies the command path. Includes information about logged-in users and their associated ttys. File containing mailx subcommands to customize mailx for a specific user. File containing mailx subcommands to change mailx for all users on the system. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: biff(1), inetd(8), mailx(1), mh(1) Files: services(4), inetd.conf(4), tty(7) delim off comsat(8)