Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to start Oracle database automatically Post 67622 by tmarikle on Thursday 24th of March 2005 02:28:24 PM
Old 03-24-2005
And if you want to start and stop the other services such as the SNMP agent, OEM, and the web services:

Code:
# Start the Intelligent Agent
if [ -f $ORA_HOME/bin/agentctl ]; then           
    su - $ORA_OWNER -c "$ORA_HOME/bin/agentctl start"
else
    su - $ORA_OWNER -c "$ORA_HOME/bin/lsnrctl dbsnmp_start"
fi

# Start Management Server
if [ -f $ORA_HOME/bin/oemctl ]; then
    su - $ORA_OWNER -c "$ORA_HOME/bin/oemctl start oms"
fi

# Start HTTP Server
if [ -f $ORA_HOME/Apache/Apache/bin/apachectl ]; then
    su - $ORA_OWNER -c "$ORA_HOME/Apache/Apache/bin/apachectl start"
fi

# Stop HTTP Server
if [ -f $ORA_HOME/Apache/Apache/bin/apachectl ]; then
    su - $ORA_OWNER -c "$ORA_HOME/Apache/Apache/bin/apachectl stop"
fi
# Stop Management Server
if [ -f $ORA_HOME/bin/oemctl ]; then
    su - $ORA_OWNER -c "$ORA_HOME/bin/oemctl stop oms sysman/<password>"
fi
# Stop the Intelligent Agent
if [ -f $ORA_HOME/bin/agentctl ]; then
    su - $ORA_OWNER -c "$ORA_HOME/bin/agentctl stop"
else
    su - $ORA_OWNER -c "$ORA_HOME/bin/lsnrctl dbsnmp_stop"
fi

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto capture data from rs232port andpull data into oracle database-9i automatically

Hi, i willbe very much grateful to u if u help me out.. if i simply connect pbx machine to printer by serial port RS232 then we find this view: But i want to capture this data into database automatically when the pbx is running.The table in database will contain similar to this view inthe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boss
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Database can't start automatically on solaris

Hi, I have installed oracle 9i on solaris 10 sucessfully. I have configured listener & tnsname.ora file sucessfuly. Even i can start database manully by starting listener first and from sqlplus promt data base sucessfully. Now i want to start the database automatically after system reboots. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachin Vaidya
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

start some services automatically

Hello All i have a question related to some services,i want to start some services with server linux centos. i make "chkconfig httpd on" and "chkconfig asterisk on",but when i verify with chkconfig --list i found httpd 0: off 1: off 2: on 3: on 4: on 5: on 6:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bernard12
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Can't create database after Oracle Database installation

I installed Oracle 10 software on Solaris 11 Express, everything was fine execpt I can't create database using dbca.rsp file. I populated file with following options. OPERATION_TYPE = "createDatabase" GDBNAME = "solaris_user.domain.com" SID = "solaris_user" TEMPLATENAME = "General... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script automatically when threshold limit met in one of the field in oracle database

Hi Guys, Need you help in one point! I am working on one shell script which takes following steps : 1. Taking one query result from oracle database 2. Exporting that result to Xls file 3. Mailing that file to my own mail ID Now, I want to give a threshold limit to one of the column... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agupte
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Identify a specific environment Oracle variable to connect a remote Oracle database ?

Good evening I nned your help pls, In an unix server i want to connect to a remote oracle databse server by sqlplus. I tried to find out the user/passwd and service name by env variable and all Ive got is this: ORACLE_SID_REPCOL=SCL_REPCOL ORACLE_SID=xmeta ORACLE_SID_TOL=SCL_PROTOLCOL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
2 Replies
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBI(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 SQL::Translator::Parser::DBI(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBI - "parser" for DBI handles SYNOPSIS
use DBI; use SQL::Translator; my $dbh = DBI->connect('dsn', 'user', 'pass', { RaiseError => 1, FetchHashKeyName => 'NAME_lc', } ); my $translator = SQL::Translator->new( parser => 'DBI', dbh => $dbh, ); Or: use SQL::Translator; my $translator = SQL::Translator->new( parser => 'DBI', parser_args => { dsn => 'dbi:mysql:FOO', db_user => 'guest', db_password => 'password', } ); DESCRIPTION
This parser accepts an open database handle (or the arguments to create one) and queries the database directly for the information. The following are acceptable arguments: o dbh An open DBI database handle. NB: Be sure to create the database with the "FetchHashKeyName => 'NAME_lc'" option as all the DBI parsers expect lowercased column names. o dsn The DSN to use for connecting to a database. o db_user The user name to use for connecting to a database. o db_password The password to use for connecting to a database. There is no need to specify which type of database you are querying as this is determined automatically by inspecting $dbh->{'Driver'}{'Name'}. If a parser exists for your database, it will be used automatically; if not, the code will fail automatically (and you can write the parser and contribute it to the project!). Currently parsers exist for the following databases: o MySQL o SQLite o Sybase o PostgreSQL (still experimental) Most of these parsers are able to query the database directly for the structure rather than parsing a text file. For large schemas, this is probably orders of magnitude faster than traditional parsing (which uses Parse::RecDescent, an amazing module but really quite slow). Though no Oracle parser currently exists, it would be fairly easy to query an Oracle database directly by using DDL::Oracle to generate a DDL for the schema and then using the normal Oracle parser on this. Perhaps future versions of SQL::Translator will include the ability to query Oracle directly and skip the parsing of a text file, too. AUTHOR
Ken Y. Clark <kclark@cpan.org>. SEE ALSO
DBI, SQL::Translator. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-01 SQL::Translator::Parser::DBI(3pm)