Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to remove the first line from a flat file ? Post 66803 by tanku on Thursday 17th of March 2005 12:35:32 AM
Old 03-17-2005
thanks for the explanation. i give another reply

perl -pi -e '$_ = "" if ($. == 1);' filename

which one is fastest?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get rid of blank line in a flat text file

Hi, I have a flat text file which contains blank line between each text line. Is there any command to get rid of it? Thanks for your help (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: xfang
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove page breaks from a flat file???

Hi All, I get a flat file with its last field data splitting onto a new line.I got this program from Vgersh which when run would cancatenate the split data back to the end of the previous records.But this program fails when it encounters a page break between the split data and the previous... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove specific lines from flat file using perl

Hi, Here is wat im looking for.. i have a flat file which looks like this.. 00 * * * * .. .. * * text text text COL1 COL2 ----- ----- 1 a (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: meghana
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove somewhat Duplicate records from a flat file

I have a flat file that contains records similar to the following two lines; 1984/11/08 7 700000 123456789 2 1984/11/08 1941/05/19 7 700000 123456789 2 The 123456789 2 represents an account number, this is how I identify the duplicate record. The ### signs represent... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolney
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the footer from a flat file by searching a pattern

Hi, I have more than 30,000 records in a flat file. I want to remove footer from the file by searching a string pattern for the footer. Example.... let the flat file test.dat contains below records. record1 record2 record3 .. .. .. record31000 Total records 31000 I want to remove the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gani_85
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove numeric characters in the flat file

HI, can any one help me please .. i have flat file like qwer123rt ass3242ccf jjk654 kjh838ppp nhdg453ok hdkk34 i want remove numeric characters in the flat file i want output like this qwerrt assccf jjk kjhppp nhdgok hdkk help me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafimd1985
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove white spaces from flat file generated from Oracle table...

I have to export data from table into flat file with | delimited. In the ksh file, I am adding below to do this activity. $DBSTRING contains the sqlplus command and $SQL_STRING contains the SQL query. File is created properly with the data as per SQL command. I am getting white spaces in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgpatil31
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get line number in flat file

Hi, Is there a way to find out the line number from where the data starts? like if the data contains column header, irrespective of the text in the column header we should get the line number from which contains the column header. I am sorry if I haven't explained the problem clearly. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedar_laveti
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remove duplicates in flat file

Hi all, I have a issues while loading a flat file to the DB. It is taking much time. When analyzed i found out that there are duplicates entry in the flat file. There are 2 type of Duplicate entry. 1) is entire row is duplicate. ( i can use sort | uniq) to remove the duplicated entry. 2) the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samjoshuab
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove first NULL Character in Flat File

We have a flat file with below data : ^@^@^@^@00000305^@^@^@^@^@^@430^@430^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@09079989530As we can see ^@ is Null character in this file I want to remove only the first few null characters before string 00000305 How can we do that, any idea. I want a new file without first few... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpltyansh
5 Replies
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)					   XCB Requests 				       xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)

NAME
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma - SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/randr.h> Request function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_crtc_t crtc); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; uint16_t size; uint8_t pad1[22]; } xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t; Reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); Reply accessors uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. crtc TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_RANDR_GET_CRTC_GAMMA. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). size TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. DESCRIPTION
RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
This request does never generate any errors. SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
Generated from randr.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)