Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting passing parameters from a shell script to sqlplus Post 65835 by tmarikle on Wednesday 9th of March 2005 11:50:39 AM
Old 03-09-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by phani
for sitename in Bangalore Niskayuna Shanghai Irvine Munich
do
sqlplus -s hpsddw/hpsddw@$TWO_TASK ${HPSD_HOME}/sql/site_extract.sql $sitename >> $DWH_LOG
echo $sitename
done
Looks like your problem is with invoking your script.

Code:
for i in Bangalore Niskayuna Shanghai Irvine Munich
do
    sqlplus -s hpsddw/hpsddw @${HPSD_HOME}/sql/site_extract.sql $i<<EOF
    prompt SQLPlus says: $i
EOF
done

Thomas

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Shell variables to sqlplus use them as parameters

Hi, I am trying to pass some of the variables in my shell scripts to the sqlplus call and use them as parameters. For example, I would like to replace the 'SAS', and '20050612' with $var1 and $var2, respectively, how can I do that? --------------------------------------------------------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jtrinh
1 Replies

2. Programming

Passing Parameters and getting values back from a c program to Shell script

I am having a shell script which has to be called from a C program. I have to pass two parameters to this script. HOw can I do that? eg: int main() { char st1; char str2; // call a shell script call_sh(str1,str2) where call_sh is the name of the shell script. then i need to get the return... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me in sending parameters from sqlplus script to unix shell script

Can anybody help me out in sending parameters from sql*plus script to unix shell script without using flat files.. Initially in a shell script i will call sql*plus and after getting some value from some tables, i want that variable value in unix shell script. How can i do this? Please tell me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hara
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in passing a variable to sqlplus from a shell script

hi, I am using a shell script from where i will be conecting to sqlplus.. i am having a problem in passing a variable to sqlplus query.. i will be assigning the variable in the unix environment..whenever i am trying to pass a variable having the contents greater than 2500 characters, i am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameters to Shell script for GREP command

I am using grep to capture date from a file . Since i need to use the shell script for different dates ,is it possible to pass the date parameter to the shell script the Script is as below grep -E "08 Aug 2008|2008-08-08"* somefile.txt>test.txt The above script file greps the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sud.tech
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Passing Parameters For Directory Listing

i have this basic piece of code that i am trying to debug to accept input parameter to be able to display a directory listing of files. cd /u02/app/eatv/dev/out CURDIR=`pwd` echo directory listing of $CURDIR echo if ; then ls -latr else ls -latr $1 fi basically if the script... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

specified path name is too long passing parameters to awk via shell script

Hello, I have this shell script that runs awk code by passing in parameters however now it doesn't work anymore with the parameters and I don't know why. It removes duplicates from an input file based on a part of the last field and a key column. It removes the record with the older datetime... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: script_op2a
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't get shell parameters to pass properly to sqlplus

Gurus, The issue I'm having is that my Shell won't accept SQL parameters properly...... Here's they way I'm running it.... applmgr@ga006hds => sh CW_MigrationDeployScript.sh apps <appspwd> <SID> '01-JAN' '31-MAR' The process just hangs not submitting the SQL job... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: WhoDatWhoDer
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script passing parameters to sqlplus code

Hello All, I am interested in finding out a way to pass parameters that are entered at the prompt from HP unix and passed to SQLPlus code with a Shell Script. Is this possible? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: compprog11
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a parameter from a shell script to sqlplus

Hi All, I'm new to Linux and scripting, apologies in advance for 'stupid' questions. Please help... Im writing a script that calls a sqlplus script but the sqlplus requires inputs and i cant seem to get this to work. here is my code. #!/bin/sh TERM=vt100 export TERM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahomed
4 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)