Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to save crontab
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to save crontab Post 65629 by shahab03 on Monday 7th of March 2005 03:45:16 PM
Old 03-07-2005
able to make changes

hi..thanks a lot. i was able to make changes. however its not running. how do I find out if cron even executed?

my entry looks like this.

1 * * * * /u12/archive/rm_arch.sh

now this should execute every minute.. but its not doing anything. thanks a lot.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

save me!

Hi! can anyone tell me how to save a file from command line? Any help appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hufs375
2 Replies

2. Programming

cannot save file...

Hello! I have a problem: I compile some function, which must save file: ===================== // prog.cpp void save_file(){ FILE *fs = fopen("file.txt", "w"); if(!fs) cerr<< "cannot save"; fprintf(fs, "This is a text file."); fclose(fs) } ===================== If i compile it from... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: szzz
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

save

hi i would like someone to assist me to find out how i can Write a script called save which copies a file into a special directory, and another called recover which copies a file back out of the special directory. The user of the script should not be aware of the location of the special directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swainaina
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab refuses to save changes!

I'm trying to create a new crontab entry for a user on a debian box but whenever I do a crontab -e or crontab -u username -e then edit the crontab (with vim as my default editor) and :wq. I get the error message: no crontab for username - using an empty one crontab: no changes made to crontab... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: fire>ant>
18 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can't save crontab with vi

I edit crontab with vi editor, i delete the lines i wanted, but i can't save! i tried the :w, :wq, ZZ commands and it seems like vi is unfamiliar with it. any suggestions? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: idan_cn
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save cURL verbose output to file or do it like browser "save as.."

hi there ! i have exactly the same problem like this guy here https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/127668-getting-curl-output-verbose-file.html i am not able to save the curl verbose output.. the sollution in this thread (redirecting stderr to a file) does not work for me.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crabmeat
0 Replies

7. Linux

How to save crontab configuration when using SSH?

Hi, I'm trying to save a crontab configuration using SSH, acessing a Linux machine from a Windows desktop. So, in the prompt I type "crontab -e", to edit crontab, and a window is opened. But after writing the changes, I press Save button but it seems not working, because when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roger75
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

How to save crontab?

How to save crontab? I have try both method below but can't save it. FIRST METHOD error message hit 'escape' and then the following: :wq http://i.imgur.com/nY2YI.jpg SECOND METHOD error message ctrl + s http://i.imgur.com/ECzl0.jpg (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mampwamp
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Auto load and save crontab

Hi all, I am trying to simplify things for two people who will be taking over my role whilst i go on leave. In doing so, i wanted to find a way that upon login to unix, the crontab would be reloaddd and resaved. I want to do this due to our IT dept taking the server down more often of late... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KlintJ
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save value from output of Corestat and save in a list for each core

I am trying to modify the "corestat v1.1" code which is in Perl.The typical output of this code is below: Core Utilization CoreId %Usr %Sys %Total ------ ----- ----- ------ 5 4.91 0.01 4.92 6 0.06 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
0 Replies
HYLAFAX-SHUTDOWN(5)						File Formats Manual					       HYLAFAX-SHUTDOWN(5)

NAME
etc/shutdown - server shutdown control file DESCRIPTION
If the file etc/shutdown is present it describes when a HylaFAX server is to be shutdown and may contain a descriptive message to return to clients explaining the reason for the shutdown. This file is used by the hfaxd(8) program. The file has the following format: <year> <month> <day> <hour> <minute> <deny> <disconnect> <shutdown message text> The first line defines the date and time the server should be shutdown and the time preceding at which unprivileged clients should be denied service or disconnected; these fields are described in more detail below. Any lines that follow the first are taken as the text of a message to return to clients when notifying them of a scheduled shutdown or when denying them service. <year> The decimal year; e.g. 1996. <month> The decimal month; e.g. 10 for October. <day> The decimal day of the month in the range [1..31]. <hour> The decimal hour since midnight; in the range [0..23]. <minute> The decimal minute after the hour; in the range [0..59]. <deny> The time prior to the shutdown time at which to deny service to unprivileged clients. This value is specified as decimal number in the form HHMM; e.g. 130 for 1 hour and 30 minutes. <disconnect> Time time prior to the shutdown time at which to disconnect unprivileged clients that are logged in to the server. This value is specified as a decimal number in the form HHMM. NOTES
This file is typically created using the ``SHUT'' command supported by hfaxd(8). SEE ALSO
hfaxd(8), hylafax-server(5) January 18, 1996 HYLAFAX-SHUTDOWN(5)